AMD Rumored to Drop 32-Bit Support for Adrenalin Software This Month

And no one cared. :)

Sure, base functionality drivers may be needed, but how many gamers still use 32bit operating systems?

Edge cases maybe but not much reason to expend resources continuing support for it these days.

Can't say I am really surprised, 32-bit has been very long in the tooth since this decade began.
NVIDIA dropped driver support earlier this year, and really, there isn't much that can be done with 32-bit anything at this point - having a 2GB RAM limitation per program/process is a serious limitation this day and age, and the 4GB of addressable RAM (and 2GB VRAM) is a serious limitation for all but low-end and embedded systems.

Hell, even the thin client in my sig has 16GB of RAM and 4GB of VRAM - under 32-bit, that goes down to about ~2-3GB of RAM and 2GB of VRAM which is addressable - great in 2008, not so great in 2018. :D

I wasn't even aware 32-bit support was still around to be honest.

Really at this point, wouldn't it be just for some WinXP or Win98 retro machines just for games that can't play on later OSes?

Crysis plays faster on 32 bit. :)

I still have computers running win98, lol.

They're not on the internet, but I haven't had to run an upgrade for years.

I just could not give up A10-Tank Commander. :)

BTW, is there any way to keep the dvr and associated crap from installing? I've tried everything, and there are still 4 associated processes...

THEY'LL HAVE TO PRY IT FROM MY COLD, DEAD HANDS. I'm still using Windows 98SE. Windows became a major micro-managed control freak spyfest after Windows 98.

I'm wrong; It's A10 Tank Killer. My bad.

As bad as it sounds, I need to clean my joystick; apparently I don't play with it enough.

The pots on the Thrustmaster stick and pedals are really bad, lol.

This computer has a Game Port Card in it; too bad it's 8-bit ISA. It has a knob, and software to set it up so you use the full range of input, 0-255.

Reactions: Zuul
like this
yeah so? as I said in the other thread, nv stopped 32bit in march. so whats the big deal here?!

lol. Some of you surprise me. I am sure you won't mind lol!

32 bit support should have been dropped by everyone 10 years ago.

There is literally no reason for it to exist anymore.

I agree - I initially went 64-bit with Win XP on my Athlon 64 and never looked back (and never had any real problems with it, though I did miss 16-bit command line support).

Back