AMD Retail Employee Purchase Program

MightyMightyMe said:
Unghh just talked to a TigerDirect guy to figure out what was taking so long with my order, turns out it routed wrong, its getting here tommorow, but considered I ordered it 2 weeks ago, unghhh. Gotta LAN party the next day, gotta stay up all night and build a system for it.

All night? The longest part should be intalling windows and the games.

I got mine on monday. took about 5 days to get. Now i have to mail out my rebate. I tried to get intel's deal a while back but the didnt give it to me i guess cause i work in the install bay at bestbuy but i got the amd with no prob. hooked it up and using it now, works pretty good, sucks that i had to reload windows though.

clearpc5.jpg

No rebate yet for me either. I emailed onrebate and they sent me this weird response with 4 different tracking numbers in it, I cross referenced it to their site and it shows as in process and looks like they are awaiting paperwork, which is bogus, since how else could they have gotten my info into their system.

100 bucks probably down the drain---great :(

the big guy said:
No rebate yet for me either. I emailed onrebate and they sent me this weird response with 4 different tracking numbers in it, I cross referenced it to their site and it shows as in process and looks like they are awaiting paperwork, which is bogus, since how else could they have gotten my info into their system.

nah don't worry, you can fight that... they have nothing to say. i haven't received mine either (got the confirmation, no check yet).

the big guy said:

Yeah I had some bad experiences with rebates too.. Glad I got in on the "order straight from Tiger Direct" route...

On the other hand, mine just sits here in the box it came in still shrinkwrapped. So far all I've done is check to make sure everything is there and put the CDs in jewel case. I hate them paper envelope that it comes in. Everyone keeps telling me to sell it to them and I keep insisting I'll put it in a box... soon. :p No big rush though since I recenty built a AXP-M 2600 @ 2.5GHz

Farcry is great but like everyone else, I already had it and finished it when I got it. So maybe I'll sell just that.

you work for tigerdirect? I use to work there years ago.
elcheapopc said:
Yeah I had some bad experiences with rebates too.. Glad I got in on the "order straight from Tiger Direct" route...

On the other hand, mine just sits here in the box it came in still shrinkwrapped. So far all I've done is check to make sure everything is there and put the CDs in jewel case. I hate them paper envelope that it comes in. Everyone keeps telling me to sell it to them and I keep insisting I'll put it in a box... soon. :p No big rush though since I recenty built a AXP-M 2600 @ 2.5GHz

Farcry is great but like everyone else, I already had it and finished it when I got it. So maybe I'll sell just that.

Ruckus said:
you work for tigerdirect? I use to work there years ago.

Nope. I just used the link provided above. Didn't have to take the test or anything, just order direct from tigerdirect. (My thanks to the link posters). TD honored a lot of those orders and I was one of the lucky ones. I don't think the rebate will work for me though.. Though that would bring the cost ot this down to $75+tax and shipping. :eek:

Still nothing here. These Onrebate people are utter shit.
Their website says they're located in Delaware....

HighSpeedBackBone
ATTN: ONREBATE.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA. 20172-0447

Domain Name: ONREBATE.COM

Administrative Contact:
Amato, Peter [email protected]
ATTN: ONREBATE.COM
c/o Network Solutions
P.O. Box 447
Herndon, VA 20172-0447
570-708-8780

Record expires on 25-Mar-2014.
Record created on 22-Jun-2004.
Database last updated on 9-Sep-2004 19:13:44 EDT.
:rolleyes:

So has anyone recieved their rebate yet? Startin to get anxious here its been about 6 weeks here, should I worry?

Mach5

Mach5 said:
So has anyone recieved their rebate yet? Startin to get anxious here its been about 6 weeks here, should I worry?

It's been 11 and 1/2 weeks for me. I even resubmitted and sent two emails with no response. I think i'm getting screwed.

Do you have to work in a specific department though?
'
I have a friend who works at walmart but he is in car audio I think :) Could he do it and sell me the stuff...

i have sent my rebate off in june and haven't recieved anything as of yet. So i called up tigerdirect and asked to talk to a mananger who said he is putting in an inquiry on my claim. i had to email all the details regarding what I sent off.

I just got my rebate check from On Rebate for this promotion. Just thought everyone would like to know. I ordered the bundle when it first became available and sent in the rebate the day after I recieved the bundle.

I just got mine today as well.

I actually work at CC, so I would think I would get it. :rolleyes:

Just letting everyone know who may be weary of the rebate, I got my check for $100 on the 10th.

Just to second that I received my rebate check on the 20th so all is well for me, good luck to anyone else still waiting.

Mach5

Holy thread revival batman!!!!

I just got my $100 rebate WTF!?!?!?

:D lol. Took a year to get the rebate?

https://www.retailaccess.com/retailpro/index.asp

Appears it's alive again. $167 shipped for an X3 8650 and a Radeon 4850 ... oh, and a T-shirt.

Doesn't seem too bad. If there's another one of these threads please point me to it. I apologize if there is. I missed it.

I did not realize the first post was from 2004. I was thinking "Hey! That's my old ASUS board and CPU! WTF? $180 after $100 MIR?!!"

:D lol. Took a year to get the rebate?

I did not realize the first post was from 2004. I was thinking "Hey! That's my old ASUS board and CPU! WTF? $180 after $100 MIR?!!"

Yeah. Ya gotta go to the last page. Hehe. :p

I signed up (or rather my wife did) last night and I'm at 19050 pts now. Only need to do quizzes for like a month and I'm g2g!

I signed up (or rather my wife did) last night and I'm at 19050 pts now. Only need to do quizzes for like a month and I'm g2g!

I don't have quite enough points, but it said I'm eligible anyways. I went to order and it will take my credit card, address, and everything. Maybe they gave me some extra points for Christmas??

I'm just deciding if I need it or not. I could use it to build a system for someone. I definitely don't need either the processor or the video card....

For me it was $167 shipped. Worth it? The processor is $99 on Newegg, but is outperformed by similarly priced, and soon to be cheaper Intel dual core parts. AMD motherboards are great and cheap though .... decisions decisions!

What do you guys think?

I have a x2 5000 and a 8800gts. May not replace the CPU but will replace the GPU. Then again I am considering getting a Phenom 9950 anyway (pending tax returns that is). Why not is my question. Hell build a cheapo rig and fold with it or something.

If (when) I can pull the trigger on a phenom (or intel), I will sell my x2 5000 and 8800gts which will certainly go along way to paying for that upgrade LOL.

Back