AMD Retail Employee Purchase Program

dajet24

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 23, 2004
Messages
2,296
Had my combo running for a few days now, paired it with a new Geforce 6800 GT :D

running 11 x 220 no prob so already at 3400 speeds. surprised everyone bashed this motherboard so bad didnt think I would get anything lol.

god 12000 plus 3dmark scores are godly! and closing in on 5k pcmark
 

TheMessiah

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
27
Heh, just think about it, people could of gotten an Athlon64 3200+ with motherboard and a 6800 Ultra for $550 (price of retailers $500 card plus tax). Damn me and my job keeping me away from the hot deals...
 

Mach5

Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
833
Just put my order in, hopefully I'll get it soon. I paid for the 2 day shipping. DOes anyone know if the board will take pc 2100/2700 or will I have to upgrade to some better memory? Also I cut the extra mobo plugs (p4) off my psu, am I gonna regret that for this board?

thanks,


Mach5
 

Malatov

Gawd
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
676
Mach5 said:
Just put my order in, hopefully I'll get it soon. I paid for the 2 day shipping. DOes anyone know if the board will take pc 2100/2700 or will I have to upgrade to some better memory? Also I cut the extra mobo plugs (p4) off my psu, am I gonna regret that for this board?

thanks,


Mach5
Yes, it is compatible with any speed DDR memory down to PC1600. However it is finicky about memory, so if you have crap memory no matter the speed it could have issues. In fact it has issues with very high end Corsair XMS memory. Good old reliable Crucial memory works fine, though.

Why on earth did you cut off the 12v plug on your PS??? It's not like it takes up much room in a case! Unfortunately, you will need a new power supply, because this board won't boot without the 12v plug, sorry.
 

Nomad

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
2,601
Anyone able to get through on this still. I told a friend about it and he can't find the quiz / training.

He got registered right before they removed the registration form....
 

Viper22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2001
Messages
262
Got my package today from the Retail Access site order that i placed. Though my package was missing the TShirt and FarCry disc in it. Anyone else get one missing these items? I already emailed them about it just checking to see if anyone else ran into this problem.
 

nexusalt

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
83
Just got mine in the mail today...... sitting beside me installing the OS. Mine had the t-shirt and FarCry disc with it though. :)
 

gsboriqua

Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2002
Messages
815
Nomad said:
Anyone able to get through on this still. I told a friend about it and he can't find the quiz / training.

He got registered right before they removed the registration form....


Deal is dead, but I did get my package in this morning, everything appeared to be there
 

Mach5

Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
833
Why on earth did you cut off the 12v plug on your PS??? It's not like it takes up much room in a case! Unfortunately, you will need a new power supply, because this board won't boot without the 12v plug, sorry.

It was in my way and I didnt need it. It's ok I have the plug still, I dont throw anything away! lol
Anyway I ordered mine last night and well see if i get in, but i have been registered for about a year and got the points a while back so well see..


Mach5
 

NIGHTMARE2

Gawd
Joined
Jul 4, 2003
Messages
645
Viper22 said:
Got my package today from the Retail Access site order that i placed. Though my package was missing the TShirt and FarCry disc in it. Anyone else get one missing these items? I already emailed them about it just checking to see if anyone else ran into this problem.

Wow you are complaining because you got a $270 processor and $130 mobo for $170, but didn't get a fucking t-shirt.

Fuckin ungrateful bitch.
 

nexusalt

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 6, 2004
Messages
83
Ok, I've got a question for anyone who has already done the rebate......it says I need to send in my original EPP invoice. All I got from the product shipping center was a green sheet of paper with warranty information and a letter from AMD. Do I just need to print off a copy of the invoice I was emailed?
 

saintrobyn

Gawd
Joined
Nov 2, 2001
Messages
928
nexusalt said:
Ok, I've got a question for anyone who has already done the rebate......it says I need to send in my original EPP invoice. All I got from the product shipping center was a green sheet of paper with warranty information and a letter from AMD. Do I just need to print off a copy of the invoice I was emailed?
You need to send in the shipping invoice off of the box.
 

Viper22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2001
Messages
262
NIGHTMARE2 said:
Wow you are complaining because you got a $270 processor and $130 mobo for $170, but didn't get a fucking t-shirt.

Fuckin ungrateful bitch.

No im not complaining at all just asking a simple fucking question. How about you come down off your high horse and learn to read the differance. I dont really give a shit about the Shirt but do about the missing Far Cry disc since it is supposed to be included with the package. I would assume that most of the time when someone buys something and part of it is missing they usually want to get that piece.
 

coffee33

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
1,088
Wheres the love ya'll!?
Smile on your brother and learn to love one another, right now. :p
 

coffee33

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
1,088
coffee33 said:
Wheres the love ya'll!?
Smile on your brother and learn to love one another, right now. :p

Boy, I'm feeling sexy....anyone want to come down here and feel sexy with me?
ATHF :D
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
My order is on backorder. Ordered last week the day after it hit fat wallet (I'm actually qualified for this deal)...looks like a bunch of worthless fuckers screwed it up.

Hopefully AMD will fill the backorder...
 

Nomad

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
2,601
Mine was cancelled today. I called them and they said that AMD cancelled 700 orders yesterday....

Waiting for an email back from AMD here.
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
Now the status has been changed to 'in process'.

I was told that it is definitely not on back order and has not been cancelled.

My order date was 7/8.

This is weird...but encouraging.
 

Mach5

Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
833
Here's what i get when I log in:


Date of Order: 07/12/04
Order Status: To Drop Shipper - Your order being submitted to third-party warehouse for fulfillment and delivery. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipment.



1 AMD-1900 AMD RETAIL PRO MB/CPU BUNDLE ** PROMO ** $279.00 $279.00



Net Product: $279.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
P & H: $22.61
Total Shipment: 301.61

Hopefully I'll get it.



Mach5
 

Nomad

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
2,601
So - Official response from AMD

===================================================

Congratulations on passing the AMD64 Challenge! Unfortunately, your company is not currently eligible for the Employee Purchase Program pursuant to the Official Rules, which limits eligibility to “employees of AMD Solution Provider members at the gold or platinum level companies."



Although you received an order confirmation, it has now been canceled and your credit card will not be charged.



You can still log on to www.marketbuilder.amd.com and stay informed about AMD processor-based solutions. Now that you are registered you will find:



AMD Partner Toolkit

Find the logos, messaging, benchmarks and product imagery you need to advertise your AMD processor-based products.



XpressNow! Service

Express RMA service is available only to AMD Solution Provider Members.



Sales and Technical Documents

Download and/or order the latest AMD literature for your business and your customers.



AMD Solution Provider News

Stay up to date on the latest AMD product offerings, promotions and training available exclusively to SPP members.



Sincerely,



The AMD Solution Provider Team
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
My order just posted as shipped...the pre-auth on my credit card was taken off a few days ago however, weird...
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
Yup, shipped yesterday, just got the tracking number.

I ordered on the 8th, around 11AM CST. So that oughtta give anyone hope who's order is still in limbo and ordered before then...
 

KingZim

n00b
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
8
hey i ordered mine on the 8th too but it was around 5 pm eastern time. Man im really pissed. I hope they change my order from canceled to shipped :eek:
hey Morley did your order status ever say canceled before?
 

Nomad

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
2,601
The thing I am kicking myself for right now is I took the test on the 7th. I was still thinking about it and was not sure that I would do it. Then I noticed the quantity field and decided to go ahead and buy a couple to make sure that the combo was a zero cost addition.

Oh well. FYI: I ordered on the 9th about 10:00 AM
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
KingZim said:
hey i ordered mine on the 8th too but it was around 5 pm eastern time. Man im really pissed. I hope they change my order from canceled to shipped :eek:
hey Morley did your order status ever say canceled before?
Nope. Were you qualified for it or did you just sign up? If you were qualified was it through the retail or partner channel?
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
Nomad said:
The thing I am kicking myself for right now is I took the test on the 7th. I was still thinking about it and was not sure that I would do it. Then I noticed the quantity field and decided to go ahead and buy a couple to make sure that the combo was a zero cost addition.

Oh well. FYI: I ordered on the 9th about 10:00 AM
Heh, I took the test on 6/21, just waited a while...all most too late. ;)
 

Mach5

Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
833
Woot!
Ordered on the 12th and it's been charged and drop shipped and now officialy shipped! Saweeet!

Date of Order: 07/12/04
Order Status: Shipped - These items have shipped. Please check your email for tracking information.



1 AMD-1900 AMD RETAIL PRO MB/CPU BUNDLE ** PROMO ** $279.00 $279.00



Net Product: $279.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
P & H: $22.61
Total Shipment: 301.61



Mach5
 

Viper22

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 27, 2001
Messages
262
Mach5 said:
no tracking email yet and these people dont answer the phones.......

I never got an email with mine. Just call up Tiger Direct and give them the order # and they will give you the tracking #
 

BigguyZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Messages
1,248
I just got a second shipping confirmation.... I think they double did my order.... I'll have to wait to see, anyone else have this happen?? don't know if I should just return it, or sell it.... How much would it all go for?
 

BigguyZ

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 18, 2001
Messages
1,248
OK- Just realized that the email has my information for billing information, but someone else's information for SHIPPING information. I haven't had any recent billings that I can see on my credit cards.... Whatever system their using is SCREWED UP. As I said before, too bad Tiger Direct is handling the orders....
 

Nomad

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 3, 2004
Messages
2,601
BigguyZ said:
OK- Just realized that the email has my information for billing information, but someone else's information for SHIPPING information. I haven't had any recent billings that I can see on my credit cards.... Whatever system their using is SCREWED UP. As I said before, too bad Tiger Direct is handling the orders....
Hopefully it is my shipping info :p
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
Does anyone else have their packing list? Under 'terms' does it say NET25? I'm worried that somehow they're going to bill my company since they didn't bill my cc.
 

dennpett

Gawd
Joined
Aug 20, 2002
Messages
670
I am hoping Tiger Direct takes care of me. I never received a tracking number and decided to check my order. The guy at tigerdirect gave me a tracking number and informed me that UPS had already delivered it and it was left at my front door. Well it was not there when I got home. Tiger Direct is going to file a claim with UPS and they should resend my package in five days.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
26
Well, my Small Business order got cancelled, but my RetailAccess order has shipped. I thought the small business promo was the same as the RetailAccess but I guess not. Oh well, i'm happy.
 

Mach5

Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2001
Messages
833
WOOT!
Mine showed up today so no need for the tracking info.
Time to mail out the rebate lovin'


Mach5
 

Chris_Morley

Former [H] Consumer Managing Ed.
Joined
Jul 5, 2000
Messages
3,609
BainsStatic said:
Well, my Small Business order got cancelled, but my RetailAccess order has shipped. I thought the small business promo was the same as the RetailAccess but I guess not. Oh well, i'm happy.
Are you a partner at the Gold or Platinum level?
 
Top