AMD Retail Employee Purchase Program

Had my combo running for a few days now, paired it with a new Geforce 6800 GT :D

running 11 x 220 no prob so already at 3400 speeds. surprised everyone bashed this motherboard so bad didnt think I would get anything lol.

god 12000 plus 3dmark scores are godly! and closing in on 5k pcmark

Heh, just think about it, people could of gotten an Athlon64 3200+ with motherboard and a 6800 Ultra for $550 (price of retailers $500 card plus tax). Damn me and my job keeping me away from the hot deals...

Just put my order in, hopefully I'll get it soon. I paid for the 2 day shipping. DOes anyone know if the board will take pc 2100/2700 or will I have to upgrade to some better memory? Also I cut the extra mobo plugs (p4) off my psu, am I gonna regret that for this board?

thanks,

Mach5

Mach5 said:
Just put my order in, hopefully I'll get it soon. I paid for the 2 day shipping. DOes anyone know if the board will take pc 2100/2700 or will I have to upgrade to some better memory? Also I cut the extra mobo plugs (p4) off my psu, am I gonna regret that for this board?

thanks,

Mach5
Yes, it is compatible with any speed DDR memory down to PC1600. However it is finicky about memory, so if you have crap memory no matter the speed it could have issues. In fact it has issues with very high end Corsair XMS memory. Good old reliable Crucial memory works fine, though.

Why on earth did you cut off the 12v plug on your PS??? It's not like it takes up much room in a case! Unfortunately, you will need a new power supply, because this board won't boot without the 12v plug, sorry.

Anyone able to get through on this still. I told a friend about it and he can't find the quiz / training.

He got registered right before they removed the registration form....

Got my package today from the Retail Access site order that i placed. Though my package was missing the TShirt and FarCry disc in it. Anyone else get one missing these items? I already emailed them about it just checking to see if anyone else ran into this problem.

Just got mine in the mail today...... sitting beside me installing the OS. Mine had the t-shirt and FarCry disc with it though. :)

Nomad said:
Anyone able to get through on this still. I told a friend about it and he can't find the quiz / training.

He got registered right before they removed the registration form....

Deal is dead, but I did get my package in this morning, everything appeared to be there

Why on earth did you cut off the 12v plug on your PS??? It's not like it takes up much room in a case! Unfortunately, you will need a new power supply, because this board won't boot without the 12v plug, sorry.

It was in my way and I didnt need it. It's ok I have the plug still, I dont throw anything away! lol
Anyway I ordered mine last night and well see if i get in, but i have been registered for about a year and got the points a while back so well see..

Mach5

Viper22 said:
Got my package today from the Retail Access site order that i placed. Though my package was missing the TShirt and FarCry disc in it. Anyone else get one missing these items? I already emailed them about it just checking to see if anyone else ran into this problem.

Wow you are complaining because you got a $270 processor and $130 mobo for $170, but didn't get a fucking t-shirt.

Fuckin ungrateful bitch.

Ok, I've got a question for anyone who has already done the rebate......it says I need to send in my original EPP invoice. All I got from the product shipping center was a green sheet of paper with warranty information and a letter from AMD. Do I just need to print off a copy of the invoice I was emailed?

nexusalt said:
Ok, I've got a question for anyone who has already done the rebate......it says I need to send in my original EPP invoice. All I got from the product shipping center was a green sheet of paper with warranty information and a letter from AMD. Do I just need to print off a copy of the invoice I was emailed?
You need to send in the shipping invoice off of the box.

NIGHTMARE2 said:
Wow you are complaining because you got a $270 processor and $130 mobo for $170, but didn't get a fucking t-shirt.

Fuckin ungrateful bitch.

No im not complaining at all just asking a simple fucking question. How about you come down off your high horse and learn to read the differance. I dont really give a shit about the Shirt but do about the missing Far Cry disc since it is supposed to be included with the package. I would assume that most of the time when someone buys something and part of it is missing they usually want to get that piece.

Wheres the love ya'll!?
Smile on your brother and learn to love one another, right now. :p

coffee33 said:
Wheres the love ya'll!?
Smile on your brother and learn to love one another, right now. :p

Boy, I'm feeling sexy....anyone want to come down here and feel sexy with me?
ATHF :D

My order is on backorder. Ordered last week the day after it hit fat wallet (I'm actually qualified for this deal)...looks like a bunch of worthless fuckers screwed it up.

Hopefully AMD will fill the backorder...

Mine was cancelled today. I called them and they said that AMD cancelled 700 orders yesterday....

Waiting for an email back from AMD here.

Now the status has been changed to 'in process'.

I was told that it is definitely not on back order and has not been cancelled.

My order date was 7/8.

This is weird...but encouraging.

Here's what i get when I log in:

Date of Order: 07/12/04
Order Status: To Drop Shipper - Your order being submitted to third-party warehouse for fulfillment and delivery. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing and shipment.

1 AMD-1900 AMD RETAIL PRO MB/CPU BUNDLE ** PROMO ** $279.00 $279.00

Net Product: $279.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
P & H: $22.61
Total Shipment: 301.61

Hopefully I'll get it.

Mach5

So - Official response from AMD

===================================================

Congratulations on passing the AMD64 Challenge! Unfortunately, your company is not currently eligible for the Employee Purchase Program pursuant to the Official Rules, which limits eligibility to “employees of AMD Solution Provider members at the gold or platinum level companies."

Although you received an order confirmation, it has now been canceled and your credit card will not be charged.

You can still log on to www.marketbuilder.amd.com and stay informed about AMD processor-based solutions. Now that you are registered you will find:

AMD Partner Toolkit

Find the logos, messaging, benchmarks and product imagery you need to advertise your AMD processor-based products.

XpressNow! Service

Express RMA service is available only to AMD Solution Provider Members.

Sales and Technical Documents

Download and/or order the latest AMD literature for your business and your customers.

AMD Solution Provider News

Stay up to date on the latest AMD product offerings, promotions and training available exclusively to SPP members.

Sincerely,

The AMD Solution Provider Team

My order just posted as shipped...the pre-auth on my credit card was taken off a few days ago however, weird...

Yup, shipped yesterday, just got the tracking number.

I ordered on the 8th, around 11AM CST. So that oughtta give anyone hope who's order is still in limbo and ordered before then...

hey i ordered mine on the 8th too but it was around 5 pm eastern time. Man im really pissed. I hope they change my order from canceled to shipped :eek:
hey Morley did your order status ever say canceled before?

The thing I am kicking myself for right now is I took the test on the 7th. I was still thinking about it and was not sure that I would do it. Then I noticed the quantity field and decided to go ahead and buy a couple to make sure that the combo was a zero cost addition.

Oh well. FYI: I ordered on the 9th about 10:00 AM

KingZim said:
hey i ordered mine on the 8th too but it was around 5 pm eastern time. Man im really pissed. I hope they change my order from canceled to shipped :eek:
hey Morley did your order status ever say canceled before?
Nope. Were you qualified for it or did you just sign up? If you were qualified was it through the retail or partner channel?

Nomad said:
The thing I am kicking myself for right now is I took the test on the 7th. I was still thinking about it and was not sure that I would do it. Then I noticed the quantity field and decided to go ahead and buy a couple to make sure that the combo was a zero cost addition.

Oh well. FYI: I ordered on the 9th about 10:00 AM
Heh, I took the test on 6/21, just waited a while...all most too late. ;)

Woot!
Ordered on the 12th and it's been charged and drop shipped and now officialy shipped! Saweeet!

Date of Order: 07/12/04
Order Status: Shipped - These items have shipped. Please check your email for tracking information.

1 AMD-1900 AMD RETAIL PRO MB/CPU BUNDLE ** PROMO ** $279.00 $279.00

Net Product: $279.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
P & H: $22.61
Total Shipment: 301.61

Mach5

Mach5 said:
no tracking email yet and these people dont answer the phones.......

I never got an email with mine. Just call up Tiger Direct and give them the order # and they will give you the tracking #

I just got a second shipping confirmation.... I think they double did my order.... I'll have to wait to see, anyone else have this happen?? don't know if I should just return it, or sell it.... How much would it all go for?

OK- Just realized that the email has my information for billing information, but someone else's information for SHIPPING information. I haven't had any recent billings that I can see on my credit cards.... Whatever system their using is SCREWED UP. As I said before, too bad Tiger Direct is handling the orders....

BigguyZ said:
OK- Just realized that the email has my information for billing information, but someone else's information for SHIPPING information. I haven't had any recent billings that I can see on my credit cards.... Whatever system their using is SCREWED UP. As I said before, too bad Tiger Direct is handling the orders....
Hopefully it is my shipping info :p

Does anyone else have their packing list? Under 'terms' does it say NET25? I'm worried that somehow they're going to bill my company since they didn't bill my cc.

I am hoping Tiger Direct takes care of me. I never received a tracking number and decided to check my order. The guy at tigerdirect gave me a tracking number and informed me that UPS had already delivered it and it was left at my front door. Well it was not there when I got home. Tiger Direct is going to file a claim with UPS and they should resend my package in five days.

Well, my Small Business order got cancelled, but my RetailAccess order has shipped. I thought the small business promo was the same as the RetailAccess but I guess not. Oh well, i'm happy.

WOOT!
Mine showed up today so no need for the tracking info.
Time to mail out the rebate lovin'

Mach5

BainsStatic said:
Well, my Small Business order got cancelled, but my RetailAccess order has shipped. I thought the small business promo was the same as the RetailAccess but I guess not. Oh well, i'm happy.
Are you a partner at the Gold or Platinum level?

Back