AMD raise the game bundles

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
Sounds great. The RTX 3070 was the first GPU I bought in years that didn't come with a free game. Felt so odd to not get a freebie.

Well the games are Saints Row 2022, and Sniper Elite 5….

Two brand new games? Sounds good to me. I want to play Sniper Elite 5 as is. Saints Row, well I'll certainly consider it. Especially for the price of free.

Here is to hoping Nvidia does the same with the next round of GPUs.

Feel a bit hyperbolic or sensationalist (or I do miss read those headline article), for example they say:

AMD rushes to sell the company's Radeon RX 6000 cards priced under MSRP

While the other article say:

AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series Product Stack​
MSRP​
Lowest Retail Price
(Newegg)​
RX 6950 XT
$1099​
$1099​
RX 6900 XT
$999​
$849​
RX 6800 XT
$649​
$799​
RX 6800
$579​
$759​
RX 6750 XT
$549​
$549​
RX 6700 XT
$479​
$484​
RX 6650 XT
$399​
$399​
RX 6600 XT (Retired)
$379​
$399​
RX 6600
$329​
$335​
RX 6500 XT
$199​
$199​
RX 6400
$159​
$169​

The only product under MSRP has a link and :
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-rad...ming-oc-16gd/p/N82E16814932414?quicklink=true

It is at $999 for me, $950 after a $50 rebate card.

Does buyer influenced by non flag ship free title that come with cards nowaday, with Epics free games and so on.... not sure how strong it is specially on the high end.

P.S. While to be fair with the inflation since 2020 maybe that effectively it is under planned MSRP for some models (a column with it would have shown that).

Last edited:
Feel a bit hyperbolic or sensationalist (or I do miss read those headline article), for example they say:

AMD rushes to sell the company's Radeon RX 6000 cards priced under MSRP

While the other article say:

AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series Product Stack​
MSRP​
Lowest Retail Price
(Newegg)​
RX 6950 XT
$1099​
$1099​
RX 6900 XT
$999​
$849​
RX 6800 XT
$649​
$799​
RX 6800
$579​
$759​
RX 6750 XT
$549​
$549​
RX 6700 XT
$479​
$484​
RX 6650 XT
$399​
$399​
RX 6600 XT (Retired)
$379​
$399​
RX 6600
$329​
$335​
RX 6500 XT
$199​
$199​
RX 6400
$159​
$169​

The only product under MSRP has a link and :
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-rad...ming-oc-16gd/p/N82E16814932414?quicklink=true

It is at $999 for me, $950 after a $50 rebate card.

Does buyer influenced by non flag ship free title that come with cards nowaday, with Epics free games and so on.... not sure how strong it is specially on the high end.
At least that lovely attention-grabbing title is halfway down the page, that's rare, it's usually straight up top and blatantly wrong.
The point here is AMD is trying to counter the price drop by "adding value" to the cards at or above MSRP.
AMD is currently and rightly afraid of the crypto crash, as the smaller crypto miners close up shop and sell off their cards they could be in a situation to repeat Nvidia's 2018 mistakes and be left with a large stockpile of chips and cards with no buyers in sight.
Nvidia got off light with their SEC investigation because they could demonstrate internally that they were actively working to keep their gaming cards in the hands of gamers and direct miners towards their workstation and enterprise-class hardware. AMD on the other hand might not be in such a fortunate position so this stinks of their attempts to keep these higher margins while they can to appease their shareholders.
Bundles are great and all, if they are titles you actually want, but they don't have the same impact that they used to and AMD's been a little lite on the details of its actual implementation
"Additionally, AMD has not commented on the terms and conditions of the bundle, which could include more specifics such as tiers, price points, and more. The only reliable information revealed is that AMD will consist of AMD's RX 6400 graphics card in their bundle."

Sounds great. The RTX 3070 was the first GPU I bought in years that didn't come with a free game. Felt so odd to not get a freebie.
I never got a free game with any of my video cards since the Voodoo1 in 1997 which came with no less than 7 games.

6XXX cards were never crypto superstars as Nvidia generally was cheaper per MH/s vs. AMD in that ~60MH/s area where AMD falls.

I think it is more likely that AMD was trying to maximize their TSMC 7nm allotment in the most profitable way possible while trying to keep the console APUs flowing per their prior commitments. As they start moving CPU production off of 7nm to 5nm or whatever next gen is, there is more available 7nm allotment for GPUs, and I'm sure they are under contract to buy a certain amount of wafers, etc. Plus, we are probably in the "4th quarter" of the lifecycle of RDNA2 cards, and the people dropping $1000 for a card know it. I don't think crypto has a lot to do with this at all. Anandtech's own chart points out that crypto profits have been more or less stable since May '21 while blaming crypto for shortages. Their own data doesn't support that claim.

I'll buy a sniper elite 5 key if someone has one :D (as long as it activates on a regular 6900xt and not the 6950xt).

I never got a free game with any of my video cards since the Voodoo1 in 1997 which came with no less than 7 games.

I think these bundles are often limited to North America. I've got quite a few and purchased a few from other bundles that were running at different dates, like CoD MW 2019 and Wolfenstien Youngblood. Problem is recently it seems like you cannot activate the games without signing into Geforce Experience directly and it will check to see if you have the right GPU installed. So if you have an RTX 3060 and the promotion requires a 3080, you can't activate said games.

Otherwise it used to be a good way to get new games for cheap or sell them to offset your GPU cost.

I think these bundles are often limited to North America. I've got quite a few and purchased a few from other bundles that were running at different dates, like CoD MW 2019 and Wolfenstien Youngblood. Problem is recently it seems like you cannot activate the games without signing into Geforce Experience directly and it will check to see if you have the right GPU installed. So if you have an RTX 3060 and the promotion requires a 3080, you can't activate said games.

Otherwise it used to be a good way to get new games for cheap or sell them to offset your GPU cost.

AMD has a similar system in place now. Except it makes you download a tool to check whether or not the promo hardware is installed vs. their own driver tools.

AMD has a similar system in place now. Except it makes you download a tool to check whether or not the promo hardware is installed vs. their own driver tools.

Yeah they changed it a while back. I remember back in the day I believe AMD gave out Crysis 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite in a single bundle. Great new games for free.

Problem is people I knew would base their GPU purchase around a free game they wanted to sell. Getting $35-40 back would bring the price down. And if you get two GPUs now, my understanding is you only get the promo once whereas before you'd get two separate keys to give to friends/family.

But free is free, so hopefully they'll include MW2 2022 for free with the next Nvidia cards as I probably will buy that.

Yeah they changed it a while back. I remember back in the day I believe AMD gave out Crysis 3, Tomb Raider 2013 and Bioshock Infinite in a single bundle. Great new games for free.

Problem is people I knew would base their GPU purchase around a free game they wanted to sell. Getting $35-40 back would bring the price down. And if you get two GPUs now, my understanding is you only get the promo once whereas before you'd get two separate keys to give to friends/family.

But free is free, so hopefully they'll include MW2 2022 for free with the next Nvidia cards as I probably will buy that.

You can redeem multiples if you contact CS. I did it the last go around with Outer Worlds and whatever the other game was.

Alternatively you can have multiple AMD rewards accounts.

It's finally happening fellow gamers. Time to get your wallets ready for rock bottom GPU prices.

200.gif

Back