AMD Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.2

They should have named it the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Fuck It Lets Add Another 100MB Edition

:D

Its getting huge!

HDMI scaling isn't working on my Phillips TV with these new drivers ... yet :cautious:

Shame that Enhanced Sync doesn't work on 300 series cards or else I would finally be regretting returning my R9 380 for a GTX 960....

*shrugs

(originally returned the 380 due to clock-speed variations before they implemented a fix over 6 months after-the-fact)

Shame that Enhanced Sync doesn't work on 300 series cards or else I would finally be regretting returning my R9 380 for a GTX 960....

*shrugs

(originally returned the 380 due to clock-speed variations before they implemented a fix over 6 months after-the-fact)

I'm hoping it's coming in a driver update. The 380/Tonga is definitely newer than the Hawaii generation, but just before Polaris

..and... all my 3 screens go black whenever I change something and I have to reboot to see anything again .. RX 570 8gb Sapphire .. AM4 chipset

Newest driver broke MSI Afterburner support for my rx460. Had to rollback to the last whql driver, 17.4.4.

Current Afterburner version installed is 4.3.0

Gpu is XFX RX460 2GB
model: RX-460P2SFG5

Not sure if it Afterburner that isn't compatible or Radeon Crimson but I have much better control over performance and success with oc'ing with afterburner than wattman.

Rx 480 here on Ryzen R7 1700 - no problems whatsoever, and Enhanced Sync is very nice.

did a thorough uninstall and then reinstalled .. everything ok now .. This is first time in as long as I can remember that I've had to do that with AMD drivers :pompous:

Some people with Windows 7 were getting errors with the new drivers at installation, according to this it should be fixed:

Link to original problem.

I'm having a strange issue with this driver. It's causing my monitor to not wake up. I have to turn the monitor off and back on.

Reverted back to 17.7.1 and no more issue.

These drivers have shown some nice performance numbers for me. I had been running the 17.4.4 previously...

I was having issues with my 280x core and mem getting locked using these. upgraded, clean installed or ddu plus reinstall didn't help. had to go back a version. I'm just d/ling the update to see if it helps...
edit: nope didn't help back to 17.7.1

Last edited:
I was having issues with my 280x core and mem getting locked using these. upgraded, clean installed or ddu plus reinstall didn't help. had to go back a version. I'm just d/ling the update to see if it helps...
edit: nope didn't help back to 17.7.1

I'm having sort of similar experience with my 390x but in my case memory and core clock are locked at idle state, voltages does changes with the loads but not the clocks and fan speed it's also locked at 25%. I'm going to test the card tomorrow in another machines as I haven't had enough time yet, if issues persist im gona flash the bios as I tested the last 5 official drivers and 5 beta drivers all with issues, so I think the bios was just corrupted.

Haven't tested my 280x yet.. I may try to see how it behave.

whats happening with mine is it locks to 500 core/150 mem and will not change no matter what I do. it could possibly be an AB issue. when its disabled the normal idle speeds of 300/150 work but not if I apply a speed profile. as soon as it tries to apply any clock speed it locks. I'm gonna try again but remove AB, see how it acts and then reinstall AB. give me a bit and ill update again...

whats happening with mine is it locks to 500 core/150 mem and will not change no matter what I do. it could possibly be an AB issue. when its disabled the normal idle speeds of 300/150 work but not if I apply a speed profile. as soon as it tries to apply any clock speed it locks. I'm gonna try again but remove AB, see how it acts and then reinstall AB. give me a bit and ill update again...

Remember to always close AB before any installation.. sometimes people forget to close 3rd party apps that monitor/effect GPUs and it cause issues..

yup did that. I reset to stock and closed AB and RT. but I did just figure it out. I re-did everything and made sure it was working before installing AB/RT and it was good. as soon as I installed AB it locked again. so I tried playing with all the AB settings and found that if I set unofficial overclocking mode to disabled everything works correctly. by default it seems to set it to enabled with powerplay(this is what mine has always been) and that screws things up with this new driver. not sure which is to blame AB or a change in crimson but I got it working correctly so I'm happy :)

Reactions: Ej24
like this
Only complaint on this driver is that I'm running a Sapphire Nitro Fury and cannot take advantage of Enhanced Sync. Performance wise, it's a wash between the Fury & R9 580. I don't understand the lack of support of Enhanced Sync on a former flagship card. I'm hoping for a beta driver driver or next driver release to be included.

New drivers broke my Nano. Had to DDU and rollback.

MSI couldn't see anything. Lost my ability to under volt.

Also, I still can't overclock my HBM after rolling back.

Back