AMD Radeon Navi GPUs Reportedly Delayed until Q4 2019

WCCFTech:

"AMD is allegedly readying three brand new graphics cards based on its upcoming 7nm Navi graphics architecture, and if this leak courtesy of AdoredTV... [blah blah blah] AMD’s next generation Navi family will initially be comprised of three members, which the company is planning to announced at CES next month. [blah blah blah]"
Yep, and even if there were other leaks...AMD didn't ever say it was coming in June, so you just cannot say it's delayed. I think they even said not to expect it until late 2019/early 2020, but I could be thinking of something else.

Edit: Here's another leak...he says navi, but in hindsight the GPU described is clearly the radeon 7 (7nm vega). I think this is where a lot of the confusion came from. Navi was never a mid 2019 part.

Last edited:
what does this have to do with their GPU side and their CPU side in current state? Can we already stop bitching about old AMD CPUs.

Sorry, thought they were the same company. Color me stupid I guess. Did not realize they were totally different companies under totally different management.

Sorry, thought they were the same company. Color me stupid I guess. Did not realize they were totally different companies under totally different management.
It's pretty close to that...see radeon technologies group.

My Point was Ryzen saved AMD from the dead and zen 2 is on horizon so we can forget about AMDs cpu mess a long time ago.

My Point was Ryzen saved AMD from the dead and zen 2 is on horizon so we can forget about AMDs cpu mess a long time ago.

And my point is "this company" (because I did not realize there were two unrelated companies) has a tendency to announce/leak and not deliver. I just wanted you to understand my logic, even if it was in error.

And my point is "this company" (because I did not realize there were two unrelated companies) has a tendency to announce/leak and not deliver. I just wanted you to understand my logic, even if it was in error.

got it. But honestly RTG is basically run by Lisa now since Raja left and she put some sane heads in charge. We will see the next architecture come along soon. Its just that Nvidia can made a major change with Tensor cores with volta and Turing is basically a child of volta. It just taking more then twice as long as Nvidia to pump out another architecture. Their next gen has been in development soon after Lisa took over as CEO I think. It will be close to 5-6 years in 2020. Just example of less R&D going to GPU side since then because they decided to save the CPU side or they would pretty much be dead by now. I think it was the right move in the long run.

Yep, and even if there were other leaks...AMD didn't ever say it was coming in June, so you just cannot say it's delayed. I think they even said not to expect it until late 2019/early 2020, but I could be thinking of something else.

Edit: Here's another leak...he says navi, but in hindsight the GPU described is clearly the radeon 7 (7nm vega). I think this is where a lot of the confusion came from. Navi was never a mid 2019 part.

After CES almost all the major outlets like gamer nexsus, reggamingtech.com (the guy who broke the Radeon 7 news before CES, and even had the pictures) said their sources said mid year. Honestly at this point no one knows. AMD might just be trying to confuse the shit out of everyone at this point. Not sure how they didn't know about the allocation at CES and 2 weeks later it was low allocation. Doesn't make sense.

After CES almost all the major outlets like gamer nexsus, reggamingtech.com (the guy who broke the Radeon 7 news before CES, and even had the pictures) said their sources said mid year. Honestly at this point no one knows. AMD might just be trying to confuse the shit out of everyone at this point. Not sure how they didn't know about the allocation at CES and 2 weeks later it was low allocation. Doesn't make sense.
Imho, they thought they wouldn't launch r7 until may/june, but ended up moving the launch up to February. It'd be a squeeze, but...that'd make the next milestone navi (late 2019), then navi+ sometime in 2020.

Radeon Technology Group (RTG) functions like a subsidiary of AMD

Most (real) leakers have their own agendas and don't leak information for no reason.

Keep that in mind.

Back