AMD Price Drop Alert! New AMD X2 Price at ClubIT.com. Free Shipping!

I'm looking to purchase a 3800+ within the next couple days. Not a bad price... but for the $2 I think I'm going to go with ZZF for the Free 2nd Day shipping just to get it a little faster.

[H]|M Dazz said:
I'm looking to purchase a 3800+ within the next couple days. Not a bad price... but for the $2 I think I'm going to go with ZZF for the Free 2nd Day shipping just to get it a little faster.

I guess the message to ClubIT is that our business is going to the aboslute lowest bidder and that our loyalty can be baught for as little as $2.

Why not support the home team dude?

I think he's saying that 5-7 day is just a tad bit longer than 2. America is a land of immediate gratification and short attention where's my watch?

I'd rather be charged the $2 and get faster service... If I could find it at a B&M local for $10-15 more then I'd be more then happy to go pick it up opposed to waiting 5-7 days for delivery.

I'd rather keep the $2.... That's 2 bean burritos, or 8 cookies, or 1/200th of a drink from starbucks

Down8 said:
How would an 3800+X2 stack up to a 920D?

-bZj

Depends on how far you OC each of them ;). I'd personally say they're about equal if you OC them unless you're running the 920D over 4.25Ghz or so. Even then the X2 will run cooler.

Well, on the higher end, there were quite significant price drops.

I would buy Opteron 165 for $290 instead of X2 3800. You will get twice the cache and better overclocking potential, and do i have to mention performance difference. :)

Until yesterday you could get 165's OEM's for $265 as part of a package deal from Monarch, or $285 from Flickerdown.

Nice to see X2's come down in price, although another $35-50 off would really create a rush for them I think....not that ClubIT has that much leeway - it's AMD's call.

annaconda said:
Still too much for X2's. I was expecting 3800 X2 to be near $250

Hey don't be messing with my joy from getting it on Black Friday for 279$ (305$ with tax )with a motherboard i got 65$ for on e-bay. I will be very disappointed on the day you can buy one for 240$ ;-)

BTW that sucka I got overclocks to 2750

Ok, id love to know more bout your two's rigs. Im thinking of doing an Opty 165 or 170. Leaned on the 170 cause i hear it'll hit higher overall clocks for not alot of money, but then again, 200mhz on a 2.7ghz machine is what, 8% at best for %35 more money? Maybe its not worht it...

What I want your attentions for is the cooling setups and cases. Mind pointing me to pictures or more details? The Big Water and Big Water SE is somethign ive looked at. I can get a BW (non se) from a guy for $85 sealed, he never used it. I see your getting 2.7+ out of it. That is sounding nice. An FX 62ish for <$300 sounding VERY sexy. I even want the 7800GT (although might wait a couple weeks to see what the x1900 and other releases do to prices). The other option I have is a nice 120MM based air cooler. Im not so keen on water cause I move my desktop around like a laptop. I work in 2 different cities and take it on the road at least 2 times a week. The nice air cooler might be a bit less likely to leak. If I could get 2.7ghz on air that'd be happyness so long as it didnt sound like a jet...

Ive seen alot of 120MM based solutions lately that are nearly silent even when running nearly 1ghz per core over. Whats your 2's opinions?

Hide

how exactly is this a deal? AMD reduced the price of all its AMD x2 proc to price you guys are selling for. so basically clubIT is selling them at MSRP and making them look like they are deals?

Yep price drop. Bought the 4200 for a client $50 more less than 4 days ago. w00t

HideOut said:
Ok, id love to know more bout your two's rigs. Im thinking of doing an Opty 165 or 170. Leaned on the 170 cause i hear it'll hit higher overall clocks for not alot of money, but then again, 200mhz on a 2.7ghz machine is what, 8% at best for %35 more money? Maybe its not worht it...

What I want your attentions for is the cooling setups and cases. Mind pointing me to pictures or more details? The Big Water and Big Water SE is somethign ive looked at. I can get a BW (non se) from a guy for $85 sealed, he never used it. I see your getting 2.7+ out of it. That is sounding nice. An FX 62ish for <$300 sounding VERY sexy. I even want the 7800GT (although might wait a couple weeks to see what the x1900 and other releases do to prices). The other option I have is a nice 120MM based air cooler. Im not so keen on water cause I move my desktop around like a laptop. I work in 2 different cities and take it on the road at least 2 times a week. The nice air cooler might be a bit less likely to leak. If I could get 2.7ghz on air that'd be happyness so long as it didnt sound like a jet...

Ive seen alot of 120MM based solutions lately that are nearly silent even when running nearly 1ghz per core over. Whats your 2's opinions?

Hide

i'll give you mine

to hit 2.7+Ghz you will need good high performance memory to keep an acceptable CPU : DRAM ratio, especially with the 165 with it's 9x multi, for instance, mine is running 300x9, but my memory wont do 300, so i had to run a divider, which is not bad considering its running DDR500 @ 2.5-2-2-6 1T, but any value ram wont cut it

the 175 has a 10x multi i believe, which means you start out higher, and you dont have to crank the cpu speed up as much to hit the same overclock, but typically, the baby of a series overclocks farther than the bigger brothers, i went throught that, bought a Opty 150 instead of a 146 or 148, only hit 2.8Ghz with it so........

the Opty 165 running 2.7/2.8Ghz will do that on nearly stock vcore, so no extra cooling is needed

and stay away from the Thermaltake Crap Water kits, a good Thermalright XP-120 or XP-90C or Zalman 9500 will do as well with alot less mess and $$

Just a month ago I bought a 3800+ dual core for my HTPC (at $332, DOH), and at stock speeds it really screams through Media Center, Sims2, and everything else I think to throw at it. You get what you pay for.

Holy shit, way to thread crap guys. :rolleyes:

The price dropped $35 over the last couple days. That's a big drop.

Yeah, really. WTF? "Here's $35 or more off (where we pass the price drops on to you) and free shipping. Now please rape me verbally." :(

Anyway, thanks ClubIT. If I had any money for an AMD dual core, you'd get my money today. Anyone that supports HardOCP with good deals every week deserves it.

swatX said:
how exactly is this a deal? AMD reduced the price of all its AMD x2 proc to price you guys are selling for. so basically clubIT is selling them at MSRP and making them look like they are deals?

Actually, most places take a day or two for the new pricing to take effect. ClubIT had it the day the price cuts took place. That is a deal.

Check yer email for Dell 25% off coupon:

2.0 GHz Athlon&#8482; 64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core Processor - PIB
$321.82
-$80.46

$241.36
Quantity: 1

Shipping is not free and tax may be included

swatX said:

When chips drop in price it's a HUGE deal. And Newegg only dropped their price to $313 :rolleyes: and still insult you with 99¢ shipping (Free shipping Newegg. Everyone else does it, and that's why we shop with them). This is the best deal on an X2 3800 out there w/o the Dell coupon offer.

Makes me happy -
Bought mine at Fry's for $279 WITH motherboard - been folding since Thanksgiving. Putting out about 400 to 500 ppd stock.
If you get one of these check out the DC forum - your going to have some spare cycles.

Great service and prices guys! The thing with Dell is that they accually dont have that CPU. I ordered Venice with 1-2 weeks wait, they changed it to a month so i cancelled. so beware

Great price on the X2 I may pick one up soon if I can get some money for this 3200

[H]|M Dazz said:
ZZF does have great prices and the fee 2-day shipping is a nice incentive. However, my experience has shown that it takes them 5-8 days before they even ship the item. Now your Free 2-day shipping has turned into Free 7-10 day shipping. That can be O.K. if you know what your getting into. Of course they dont let you know up front about the frustrating lag time in processing and shipping your order.

USNChief said:
ZZF does have great prices and the fee 2-day shipping is a nice incentive. However, my experience has shown that it takes them 5-8 days before they even ship the item.

I'd hate to chime in on a thread like this, but I feel i have to defend ZZF.
I've ordered many times from ZZF. I don't recall them ever taking more than one day to ship in-stock items. ZZF is my favorite place to order stuff from. I live on the east coast. A number of times, I've placed my order late in the afternoon and they ship it the same day. I get the item less than two days after I ordered.
You experience is probably the exception. Then again, it has been a few months since I ordered something from ZZF. Maybe they have changed. I hope not.

i have to agree that this is a good deal. If they start selling these for the discounted price the same day AMD cuts the price, then they are taking a hit on every one they had in stock from before AMD cut thier prices. Its a great discount and if I had the cash....

brasherman said:
Yeah, really. WTF? "Here's $35 or more off (where we pass the price drops on to you) and free shipping. Now please rape me verbally." :(

Anyway, thanks ClubIT. If I had any money for an AMD dual core, you'd get my money today. Anyone that supports HardOCP with good deals every week deserves it.

QFT. I think my next purchase is going to be from there :) do you guys carry opteron 265's at the new pricing?

MrSlacker said:
Great service and prices guys! The thing with Dell is that they accually dont have that CPU. I ordered Venice with 1-2 weeks wait, they changed it to a month so i cancelled. so beware

Got mine from Dell in about 3 days. Plus I purchased a 3700+ San diago for $235.00, also came in about 4 days.

Just came back to post that ClubIT has lowere the price to $5 lower than when this thread started. Still free shipping too :D

Back