Hi everbody, Ive just registered on the forum, even though I have looked on here a good few times for PC help, so thanks for that!
I am looking at getting a new laptop, its been quite a while since I have bought one though, and im not sure what to go for. I am hoping to spend no more than £600, and am planning on getting a dell one atm (mainly due to the one year interest free credit).
The laptop will be primarily used for browsing the internet, and trading online in a web based java platform, which i dont think is a massive strain on a laptops resources. But I do want one which will be good enough for decent gaming, particurlarly civ 5 atm. I will also occasionaly be using it for 2d autoCAD drawing, when i cant make it into the office.
I am looking at 2 laptops on the dell website, both have:
4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
500GB (5400RPM) Serial ATA Hard Drive
15.6" High Definition (1366x768) WLED screen
The inspiron 15r has:
Intel® Core i3-370M (2.4Ghz, 4 Threads, 3M cache) and a
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v video card
And the Inspiron M501R has:
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N850(2.2GHz,1.5MB,3.6GT/s) and a
1 GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v video.
What would run the fastest overall? Would the triple core AMD be better, or the intel, as it has a higher clock speed? Is the clock speed per core or an overall speed?
Also, am i right in thinking that an ATI grpahics card will run better with an AMD processor rather than an intel?
These are the two laptops anyway:
AMD Inspiron M501R
Intel Inspiron 15R
Sorry if any of this doesnt make sense, or sounds a bit stupid, but i would much appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Regards,
DT
I am looking at getting a new laptop, its been quite a while since I have bought one though, and im not sure what to go for. I am hoping to spend no more than £600, and am planning on getting a dell one atm (mainly due to the one year interest free credit).
The laptop will be primarily used for browsing the internet, and trading online in a web based java platform, which i dont think is a massive strain on a laptops resources. But I do want one which will be good enough for decent gaming, particurlarly civ 5 atm. I will also occasionaly be using it for 2d autoCAD drawing, when i cant make it into the office.
I am looking at 2 laptops on the dell website, both have:
4096MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
500GB (5400RPM) Serial ATA Hard Drive
15.6" High Definition (1366x768) WLED screen
The inspiron 15r has:
Intel® Core i3-370M (2.4Ghz, 4 Threads, 3M cache) and a
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v video card
And the Inspiron M501R has:
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core N850(2.2GHz,1.5MB,3.6GT/s) and a
1 GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v video.
What would run the fastest overall? Would the triple core AMD be better, or the intel, as it has a higher clock speed? Is the clock speed per core or an overall speed?
Also, am i right in thinking that an ATI grpahics card will run better with an AMD processor rather than an intel?
These are the two laptops anyway:
AMD Inspiron M501R
Intel Inspiron 15R
Sorry if any of this doesnt make sense, or sounds a bit stupid, but i would much appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Regards,
DT