AMD Next Gen confirmed for Q4 2011: Dual architecture split like HD6K series

I'm currently estimating something of the order of:

HD7800 series: launch february, retail availability march
HD7900 series: launch march, retail availability may/june
GTX600 series (Fermi28): launch march, retail availability april
GTX700(?) series (Kepler): launch july/august, retail availability september or later

Am I the only one with a likely unjustified but still existent fear of amd doing a BD repeat for this series?

I mean, I know there's nothing to suggest that. And itll probably be fine, especially given the separation of graphics from processor dev there and the prelim reports for the 7 series. But my faith in amd as a whole isn't at it's best right now.

I'm currently estimating something of the order of:

HD7800 series: launch february, retail availability march
HD7900 series: launch march, retail availability may/june
GTX600 series (Fermi28): launch march, retail availability april
GTX700(?) series (Kepler): launch july/august, retail availability september or later

Just saying on Wikipedia, it says that the 7800 series should be out by the end of this year.

Am I the only one with a likely unjustified but still existent fear of amd doing a BD repeat for this series?

I mean, I know there's nothing to suggest that. And itll probably be fine, especially given the separation of graphics from processor dev there and the prelim reports for the 7 series. But my faith in amd as a whole isn't at it's best right now.

I wouldn't worry. In the area of GPUs at least, AMD is doing very well. I fully expect the 7xxx series to maintain our expectations.

Just saying on Wikipedia, it says that the 7800 series should be out by the end of this year.

There is lots of conflicting info. Some people at AMD say, "no way till next year/28nm yields," and some who said prior to that, "we're going to deliver new GPU arch before EOY."

So...? I dunno, really. All I know is when it launches... it launches.

There is lots of conflicting info. Some people at AMD say, "no way till next year/28nm yields," and some who said prior to that, "we're going to deliver new GPU arch before EOY."

So...? I dunno, really. All I know is when it launches... it launches.

I'm actually looking forward to the 7950 by the time I upgrade my system to IB to be honest.

^^^^ smiles for better eyefinity in BF3... then cries when he see's his piggy bank balance.

couldnt agree more, haha, im definately jumping on the new video cards as soon as they come out as long as i dont break the bank, haha

I just read on guru3d, that the desktop 7000 series wont be here until Q2-Q3 2012:(

Is this reliable info?

"According to Corporate VP & General Manager of AMD’s Graphics Division Matt Skynner, 28nm GPUs will start shipping later this year, while the first samples of mobile chips have already been released.

As far as the desktop parts are concerned, it seems like these won't be launched until the Q2 or Q3 of 2012, confirming our previous reports regarding the delay of this GPU series."

I dunno about Q3, but it'd surprise me if you can buy an HD7970 from newegg care-free before about June.

Back