AMD Mystery Video

You know what else is a mystery? Crossfire still isn't working properly in the witcher 3

They're putting out totally silent fans on all future GPUs. The GPUS will interface with audio cards to play dramatic synthesized chords as needed.

I don't even.

In other news, my Crossfire R9 290s work pretty well in Witcher 3. There is occasional texture flickering but it's pretty rare.

I don't even.

In other news, my Crossfire R9 290s work pretty well in Witcher 3. There is occasional texture flickering but it's pretty rare.

I guess that's what an AMD user calls perfect? :confused: :p

I don't even.

That the AMD driver team was able to get crossfire working at all and achieve this in a gameworks game is impressive.

Kudos to them!

Don't you believe it...;) It's actually just a very clever obfuscation--AMD will make you think "fan" and then launch a new line of squirrel cages.

That the AMD driver team was able to get crossfire working at all and achieve this in a gameworks game is impressive.

Kudos to them!

It's still surprising the number of people who don't know that neither xFire or SLI is supported in D3d or OpenGL. Supposedly, for the first time since Voodoo2 SLI was popular, D3d12 will be introducing multi-GPU support into the API (OpenGL 5 reportedly will follow suit soon after.) So it looks like there's a bright future ahead for people who own multiple GPUs.

Can they please release a card that trounces the 900 series so we can get a good reprisal from nVidia and a price war? Please?

Either my memory is an utter failure or these last two/three product cycles have had ridiculous price points.

I'm pretty sure I bought the fastest single-gpu video card a few years ago for under $400.

I can't wait for someone to do a shot by shot breakdown of all the locations in this video.

Don't you believe it...;) It's actually just a very clever obfuscation--AMD will make you think "fan" and then launch a new line of squirrel cages.

That'd be a really weird direction to go with diversification to get into animal traps (and totally not the impression I got at least). I couldn't see such a move as entering a profitable market given that there's probably a lot of competition that keeps margins on those things really low.

Anyhow, what is it with companies being dumb about trying to build hype like this? Corsair did it with their desktop TV computer teaser and the Youtube feedback was pretty rough on it. Don't marketing people get it?

This fan is the best thing about whatever they are selling next,,,,,,,:eek:

Can they please release a card that trounces the 900 series so we can get a good reprisal from nVidia and a price war? Please?

Either my memory is an utter failure or these last two/three product cycles have had ridiculous price points.

I'm pretty sure I bought the fastest single-gpu video card a few years ago for under $400.

Well, I'm pretty sure the 64Mb GeForce 2 Ultra was $500 back in 2000. And, I recall seeing somebody buying one of those Obsidian Voodoo2 X2 cards for $699, (I think), at a CompUSA, probably around 1999. That isn't something that is easy to forget, I guess.

Both of those together in a cardboard box at a garage sale might fetch $10. Maybe. I don't know anything PC hardware-wise that has a shorter time in the spotlight than a top-tier video card. Not complaining, just an observation...

Found a picture of the factory that builds fans for AMD:

297.jpg

That'd be a really weird direction to go with diversification to get into animal traps (and totally not the impression I got at least). I couldn't see such a move as entering a profitable market given that there's probably a lot of competition that keeps margins on those things really low.

I actually see a huge market for such a thing, particularly in tech/Silicon Valley.

With AMD SQUIRREL!!! you can make sure all your presentations with customers, press and/or venture capitalists will be a hit. Projections not hitting the mark? SQUIRREL!!

Your app that is going to change the world has 10 users and just crashed ag....SQUIRREL!

You get the picture. And with AMD Hair FX, that squirrel is going to look f'ing fantastic!

That looks like a 120mm fan on a radiator to me.

In other news I could give two craps about the stock cooler, who buys stock reference AMD cards?
It'd be nice and all if they were quieter, but the partner cards always cool better or have better VRM's or some guaranteed OC or something and are generally cheaper after the dust settles. My Synology 2 bay NAS is louder than my HIS 290x when gaming...

That looks like a 120mm fan on a radiator to me.

In other news I could give two craps about the stock cooler, who buys stock reference AMD cards?
If its watercooled I would. The reference watercooled 295x2 cooler is really nice! The only thing different I might have possibly done is to use a 240mm radiator instead, but I can understand case compatibility wise why they went with a 120mm.

*coughs like mad*

hey guys...
guys.... what if....
what if the video is making EVERYTHING ELSE spin?

Back