AMD Mountain Bikes! Only $299!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$300 for a mountain bike seems extremely cheap, guessing these are junk? These look like toys 'r' us bikes

$300 for a mountain bike seems extremely cheap, guessing these are junk? These look like toys 'r' us bikes

I would classify this bike as a step above Toys r us or walmart type bikes. This bike uses Shimano parts which are a more premium bike part brand, so there's that, but there's much more to a bike than just its parts.

I would classify this bike as a step above Toys r us or walmart type bikes. This bike uses Shimano parts which are a more premium bike part brand, so there's that, but there's much more to a bike than just its parts.

I've been buying bicycles for decades and I've never seen non-shimano parts. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a shit Walmart bike for the kids or a nicer road bike for myself. They are on everything.

I've been buying bicycles for decades and I've never seen non-shimano parts. It doesn't seem to matter if it's a shit Walmart bike for the kids or a nicer road bike for myself. They are on everything.

Which is why I said "But there's much more to a bike than just its parts"

I.E. the frame used, build quality, whether it was assembled properly. Etc...

I've been buying bikes for decades as well. I've never bought or even looked at Walmart brand bikes but the few I've seen out in the wild that were bought at walmart did not have shimano parts.

That bike is an incredible pile of poop. This is some real lazy ass cross promotional BS. At least try to get a halfway decent source for a bike man, c'mon AMD.

I can't say this appears to be a good idea to me, but nothing wrong with promotions like this. Looks exactly like the kind of shitty bike I would buy, if I wanted to buy a bike. But an AMD bike?

It is borderline criminal to be selling such garbage. Terrible idea. Well, it is AMD after all.

It is borderline criminal to be selling such garbage. Terrible idea. Well, it is AMD after all.
So, should Walmart, Target and all the other big box retailers get fined and sued? They sell even worse garbage. If you don't like it, don't buy it.. I never understand why some people get so worked up about something so silly. It's a bicycle, move on with your life. It's not as if they're selling a dangerous product that is going to kill and/or mame people. So much anger, I can't even imagine if they sold something like a pool table, omg time to cal; a lawyer and get the attorney general on the phone!!

That said, I do agree, this isn't exactly a deal either. But, hey, it's not exactly news either, so seems like a fitting place to post.

Is this just a rebadge of an existing bike of another brand? I would be surprised if AMD actually designed and manufactured their own bike for any promotional deal like this. So I wonder where it's sourced from.

No choice of frame size, one size fits all. Yes, they're junk.
Shitty components on a heavy frame. Rebranded no-name bike, Amazon has a similar model (Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension).
All "branded" "advertising" bikes are crapola.

But you should still buy the white one with orange tires.;)

Last edited:
No choice of frame size, one size fits all. Yes, they're junk.
Shitty components on a heavy frame. Rebranded no-name bike, Amazon has a similar model (Northwoods Aluminum Full Suspension).
All "branded" "advertising" bikes are crapola.

But you should still buy the white one with orange tires.;)
I am sure this is the best one ever made.

Reactions: Parja
like this

Oh yes, if you know your bikes you can see instantly from the frame geometry and layout. It's a tarted up version of the $50 chinese landfillers that you get in Toys R'Us

Or *did* I guess :)

I don't really follow what you're trying to say. The frame looks like some toys 'r' us bike frame, as does, everything else. Last time I checked, the huffy bikes at toys r us used shimano. Shimano has ultra low end products and ultra high end stuff. This bike is clearly cheap junk with a AMD sticker on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back