• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Inception vulnerability affects Zen 3 and 4.

Lakados

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 3, 2014
Messages
13,952
Is this another one, different than "zenbleed"?
Yes, Zenbleed is only Zen 2, and Inception is 3 and 4.
They are also very different attacks.

Inception takes advantage of the AMD branch prediction algorithms, and those algorithms might be different than Intels they do the same job of moving instructions around in order to boost performance.
So in theory they have all the same vulnerabilities that the Intel ones do, just how you go about executing them differs.
 
Oof, so I've got a Ryzen 1700x with a B450M Aorus M rev 1 factory bios. I guess I should look into updating my BIOS.
 
The newest bios may not have support for your 1700x
Its all good for now. I took it up to F.60 and it booted right up into Windows. I was gonna put F.64 on it but I think I'll hold off for now. Its pretty cool I can support up to a 5950x. I think I'll have to go CPU shopping now. ;)
 
Its all good for now. I took it up to F.60 and it booted right up into Windows. I was gonna put F.64 on it but I think I'll hold off for now. Its pretty cool I can support up to a 5950x. I think I'll have to go CPU shopping now. ;)
This is the way, and why AMD is awesome at the moment.
 
Back
Top