AMD "Gonzalo" APU Could Feature 8 Zen Cores and Navi Graphics

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Twitter user APISAK is back with another rumor, and this time, it seems to be about a potential upcoming AMD APU. As usual, it's not clear where the information is coming from, but the Twitter user apparently found a device with model name "AMD 2G16002CE8JA2_32/10/10_13E9." APISAK, KOMACHI_ENSAKA, and ComputerBase.de all took a shot at trying to decode that name using AMD's previous naming schemes, and , and they believe it represents a 8 core APU with a 1.6Ghz base clockspeed, a 3.6Ghz boost speed, a Zen + or Zen 2 architecture, and a "Navi 10 Lite" GPU.

As usual, this analysis needs to be taken with a giant heaping of salt, but it does coincide with previous rumors suggesting that a Navi APU would be at the heart of the next-gen Playstation. ComputerBase.de notes that new console generations from Microsoft and Sony aren't expected to come out until at least 2021. Thanks to cageymaru for the tip.

I largely despise using laptops for my personal computing, but one of these in a shell like a Lenovo ThinkPad has a small chance of winning.
Would have to be using Zen 2 though.

Probalby an APU for some console outside of Sony, MS ones. They need 4K and a lit Navi cannot offer that. Nintendo maybe?

Twitter user APISAK is back with another rumor, and this time, it seems to be about a potential upcoming AMD APU. As usual, it's not clear where the information is coming from, but the Twitter user apparently found a device with model name "AMD 2G16002CE8JA2_32/10/10_13E9." APISAK, KOMACHI_ENSAKA, and ComputerBase.de all took a shot at trying to decode that name using AMD's previous naming schemes, and , and they believe it represents a 8 core APU with a 1.6Ghz base clockspeed, a 3.6Ghz boost speed, a Zen + or Zen 2 architecture, and a "Navi 10 Lite" GPU.

The base clock isn't 1.6GHz and the boost clock isn't 3.6GHz.

2G16002CE8JA2_32/10/10_13E9 Decode:

2 = Second gen engineering sample
G = APU
1600 = ?
2C = TDP
E = Package
8 = 8C
J = Cache Size
A2 = A2 Stepping?
32 = 3.2GHz Boost
10 = 1.0GHz Base
10 = iGPU 1Ghz?
13E9 = Navi 10LITE.

Probalby an APU for some console outside of Sony, MS ones. They need 4K and a lit Navi cannot offer that. Nintendo maybe?
It's surprising what can be accomplished in a real-time, direct access environment. Especially with an on die memory controller.

I'd like to see what sort of performance can be squeezed out of high efficiency focused laptop with an APU like that. I'm still using an Atom-based mobile, and it's getting old in more ways than one.

Are they making a reference to the cartoon character Speedy Gonzales? I had tell my kids who this character was - apparently, he was considered racist and they no longer show the cartoon.
To the story, AMD does need a few good ones in the laptop world. I'm assuming this is how corporate America is getting their computers. The last few jobs I've had was all laptop - I never see desktops anymore. (Obviously, my sample set is very limited since it's only a few companies over the last 12 years).

Its an apu for laptops? GOOD LUCK with drivers probably leave it up to the oems again to screw it up.... AMD has proven it's really good at that.....

Must be indeed for some the version of this :

Aka Chinese computer /console hybrids, that dual boot windows 10 and a stripped /encrypted version of windows 10 fine tuned for gaming.

Its an apu for laptops? GOOD LUCK with drivers probably leave it up to the oems again to screw it up.... AMD has proven it's really good at that.....
Nah amd has taken over that now, no more oem bullshit making amd look bad.

AMD, drivers and Laptops in this thread too? Wow u have some crusade going on. How many threads ar you going to try and derail?

Back