AMD Financial Analyst Day Raja Koduri Presentation @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
AMD Financial Analyst Day Raja Koduri Presentation - Raja Koduri, Radeon Technologies Group Senior VP and Chief Architect, just finished up with his AMD Analyst Day presentation that was firmly focused on its upcoming Vega GPU and how it will pertain to the Machine Learning and Advanced Visualization markets by introducing the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition.

I know tflops aint everything, but this has 25? Vs the 1080Ti 13? The Furyx had like 9, against 6 or so for the 980Ti. So it's about 18 to 25, they are going to be the same speed with the edge to 1080Ti aren't they.

Of course, there are many other things that come into play, and Vega will most likely be used for more tasks than gaming. So it's conjecture, but fun!

I know tflops aint everything, but this has 25? Vs the 1080Ti 13? The Furyx had like 9, against 6 or so for the 980Ti. So it's about 18 to 25, they are going to be the same speed with the edge to 1080Ti aren't they.

Of course, there are many other things that come into play, and Vega will most likely be used for more tasks than gaming. So it's conjecture, but fun!
That 25tflops refer to FP16. Vega FP32 is at least 12.5Tflops.

No gaming benchmarks usually means they aren't showing what they want people to see

this is more of a business show and tell for the workstation/server market.. consumer stuff will mostly be shown off at one of the shows right before launch.

I'm unclear why then AMD would compare this "professional" card to the nvidia Pascal ?
Did they compare apples to apples, or something else.

I have a hint of an odor of bullshit here......I hope that's not true.

This was a financial professionals show. NOT for us regular consumer. Computex is coming up and that's a venue where they'll show us consumer products. Threadripper demos, vega etc.

This was a financial professionals show. NOT for us regular consumer. Computex is coming up and that's a venue where they'll show us consumer products. Threadripper demos, vega etc.

So they are doing the Founders Edition" stuff too now? BlahhhhhhhA M D!!!!

So they are doing the Founders Edition" stuff too now? BlahhhhhhhA M D!!!!
No, this is the "Fire Pro" version of tech, just like the Quadro series of cards from Nvidia are the "professional" version of the GeForce cards.

If DeepBench is accurate, it looks like V100 is dead on arrival - it will be competing against Vega x2 versions I would presume and also the cubic versions of Vega as well. Very interesting year this is turning out to be!

If DeepBench is accurate, it looks like V100 is dead on arrival - it will be competing against Vega x2 versions I would presume and also the cubic versions of Vega as well. Very interesting year this is turning out to be!

They are making the cube pc with an i7 they showed off a while ago? Or are you talking about that 6 board monstrosity I sort of remember seeing, built a cube out of pcbs. I almost built something similar for a customer once, was a gyro assembly all facing inward. Didn't end up working quite right.

They are making the cube pc with an i7 they showed off a while ago? Or are you talking about that 6 board monstrosity I sort of remember seeing, built a cube out of pcbs. I almost built something similar for a customer once, was a gyro assembly all facing inward. Didn't end up working quite right.
It was shown by Raja, forget how many Vega GPU's where installed. We just have to see if this makes the light of day in the end. Have no idea how something like this would be cooled other than by liquid cooling. Pretty neat concept.
AMD-VEGA-CUBE-750x400.jpg

Back