AMD confirms Vega launch!!!!

Thanks for sharing. I did miss that. So excited to build an all AMD new rig.

I'm looking to get a card to replace my 980. Hopefully AMD will have good prices & can be in the same performance margins as the 1070 or 80.

I think actually the rumors were that it was a second half product so this is promising.

For the last four financial calls Vega has been first half of 2017. Since they've also stated that Ryzen was first quarter of 2017 it has pretty much been known for a year that Vega was Q2. Saying Q2 as opposed to first half just clarifies that there's no chance in hell of it being Q1 which was a chance (albeit a small one with any ability to parse the English language) by specifying 1H.

For the last four financial calls Vega has been first half of 2017. Since they've also stated that Ryzen was first quarter of 2017 it has pretty much been known for a year that Vega was Q2. Saying Q2 as opposed to first half just clarifies that there's no chance in hell of it being Q1 which was a chance (albeit a small one with any ability to parse the English language) by specifying 1H.
Yeah but that didnt stop rumors which people then stupidly believe are AMD Marketing Hype when its just web site owners trying to increase traffic

so it's at least 6 months wait for a decent aftermarket card

bleh.
Good lord I hope not. With all the time AIBs have had I would hope they have made some progress, enough that we need not wait that long. Then again I wont be buying one unless it is significantly faster than my OCed 1080, which I doubt at this point in time.

Can we make this the new for-realzy Vega thread? The other one is way off the rails.

What's new ?

It's been known for a while that it was delayed to Q2.

Whats new is that this is not a rumor, it is a statement from AMD. We are all anxious to see how Vega performs and speaking for myself I hope it has stunning performance.

I too hope it provides a better experience than my 1080 OC. Only time will tell.

Back