AMD Catalyst 15. 2 Beta Driver - Update

Warsam71

AMD Community Manager
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we working on our next driver which should be ready soon. This driver will be a Beta Driver. We are currently testing and fine-tuning it to ensure it delivers an optimal customer experience.

As always, I will make sure to inform everyone when the driver is ready by posting here as well as working with my team to announce its arrival through our official website and social channels.

Thank you for your patience

Hopefully...Dragon Age: Inquisition loves to point out what it calls a "known issue" with the current AMD driver.

Warsam71 if you happen to see this can you say if it fixes crossfire for Farcry 4? Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to let you know that we working on our next driver which should be ready soon. This driver will be a Beta Driver. We are currently testing and fine-tuning it to ensure it delivers an optimal customer experience.

As always, I will make sure to inform everyone when the driver is ready by posting here as well as working with my team to announce its arrival through our official website and social channels.

Thank you for your patience

EXCELLENT :D

Warsam71 just curious...How are you and amd matt different? Is he a driver dev where your more in a different department? Anyways glad to have you here none the less...i can say the latest 15.2 for win 10 seems to be working good or at least i have no issues

Warsam71 is just so much cooler than AMD matt.
Ok ill quit with the bad jokes.

Hows this going to be 15.2? February is over unless the driver is going to be ready tomorrow.

Well, it’s better than nothing and it’s nice to know it’s a beta (aren’t they all) but what’s wrong with a heads up on what will be in it? We all know it will be out soon. It’s been like a year since the last driver.

Warsam71 just curious...How are you and amd matt different? Is he a driver dev where your more in a different department? Anyways glad to have you here none the less...i can say the latest 15.2 for win 10 seems to be working good or at least i have no issues

Warsam =Sam Tehrani
Thracks = Robert Hallock

They work for AMD in the US.

AmdMatt=Matt Buck

Matt is in the UK.

Last edited:
Hey Warsam, are you doing any of the work on the new "AMDGPU" open source driver for Tonga/GCN1.2? I haven't seen much news on it recently and was mostly wondering if you guys were hoping to get it into kernel 3.21, or looking to a release past that? Will Catalyst 15.2 be the first release for this new unified driver strategy?

Also, speaking as a linux gamer, I really appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into the open source driver. The performance and feature improvements in the last year have been nothing short of amazing to watch - there have been just staggering performance increases from kernel 3.11 onto 3.16, 3.18 and newer.

The major disappointment (for me, anyways) is that this will not have VSR for 280/280X users. That won't be "until later". Slow as snails AMD :(

The major disappointment (for me, anyways) is that this will not have VSR for 280/280X users. That won't be "until later". Slow as snails AMD :(

Really? I've been waiting for this to hold me off buying a new monitor for a little while and to get some extra desktop space. That's really disappointing because they mentioned it coming in Jan/Feb and to not deliver on that is lame.

Hey Warsam, are you doing any of the work on the new "AMDGPU" open source driver for Tonga/GCN1.2? I haven't seen much news on it recently and was mostly wondering if you guys were hoping to get it into kernel 3.21, or looking to a release past that? Will Catalyst 15.2 be the first release for this new unified driver strategy?

Also, speaking as a linux gamer, I really appreciate all the effort you guys are putting into the open source driver. The performance and feature improvements in the last year have been nothing short of amazing to watch - there have been just staggering performance increases from kernel 3.11 onto 3.16, 3.18 and newer.

+1 to everything here.

Really? I've been waiting for this to hold me off buying a new monitor for a little while and to get some extra desktop space. That's really disappointing because they mentioned it coming in Jan/Feb and to not deliver on that is lame.

Yeah, it's apparently not coming till April or something. Catch the last few pages of this post:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=395312

I'm sort of fed up with owning an AMD product that is the budget option FEELING like the budget option. It's fine, and I would of still made the same purchase again if I had to do it over (because, well, it was dang cheap), but man, their support sure is damned lousy. Doing the bare minimum to compete, and whatnot.

Well, it’s better than nothing and it’s nice to know it’s a beta (aren’t they all) but what’s wrong with a heads up on what will be in it? We all know it will be out soon. It’s been like a year since the last driver.
Like a year? Didn't the Omega drivers come out in December?

Like a year? Didn't the Omega drivers come out in December?

Well, if AMD can say it was not beta and that Crossfire works correctly, I think it’s fair to say the last driver was out last year or a year ago. But yea, we are pushing towards three months now and that is like years and years in tech time. Like there is no game or crossfire fix they could have released? I mean, the presets have not worked correctly for (real) years now.

more complaints per usual.

I've had zero issues with the omega drivers. I will welcome new drivers when they come, but honestly all the games I own run just fine.

There really has not been to many AAA titles released since the omega drivers came out anyways. I don't understand the complaints at all.

I've had zero issues with the omega drivers. I will welcome new drivers when they come, but honestly all the games I own run just fine.

There really has not been to many AAA titles released since the omega drivers came out anyways. I don't understand the complaints at all.

This(well other than dying light... but that's nvidia optimized anyway). I had some issues at first... but found out it was a hardware issue on my end. Hell I'm running a MSI 290x and an unlocked XFX 290 ==> 290x with elpida memory in Crossfire... if anything is going to break I would think it would be that combo!

AMD can never keep the horde of keyboard warriors happy. :)

Same here, stuff just works right now.

(Gameworks titles are what they are, so I don't expect anything. AMD can't do much there)

Only game I have right now that needs an update is Evolve. Runs fine on one card, but in Crossfire I'd be pushing >100fps which would be nice with my monitor. But, that appears to also be an NVIDIA GameWorks title so we'll see.

I wish they would fix Prototype 2. I like to fire that game up for fun every so often. Hasn't worked since Omega drivers came out. Everyone on the Steam forums with AMD cards is having the same issue.

come on and release a much needed driver... SHIT!!!

come on and release a much needed driver... SHIT!!!

Why? Just ask the guys above. Everything works fine. People just like to complain about none issues. You must be overclocking or trying to use a 100W power supply or you did not reinstall Windows before installing the last driver or you’re just holding it wrong.

Yep, everything works just fine for us CF users... when we are not using CF in the games released between dec. and now :rolleyes:

I noticed a change in AMD's driver page today. The older Beta driver was moved above the Omega driver.

Is this in preparation of an imminent (today) driver release?

I noticed a change in AMD's driver page today. The older Beta driver was moved above the Omega driver.

Is this in preparation of an imminent (today) driver release?

GOD I HOPE SO! Now I can play Far Cry 4, Dying Light and Evolve in the full glory of crossfire.

A good thing from my where I sit, I dont change driver often because too many issues surface.
I'd rather it just worked.
Although I've given up trusting WHQLs now as well and have stuck with 14.11.2 beta.
Cos I havent seen the (f'ing annoying) mouse cursor corruption being fixed in any new driver, so cant help with their diagnosis of WHQL issues.

Fix the basics please.

AMD mentioned Last year going to a quarterly driver release, so could be the case.

incorrect.

one WHQL per quarter.

Per AMD, they have no intentions of making less than one beta per month, they are just taking their time with this particular one, and will go back to one per month after they release it.

i just saw a post on guru3d about AMD releasing a freesync drive on the 19th. do they really expect people ot wait 2 full weeks for a driver, after waiting 3 months?

I am so glad i ordered two 980s yesterday, cant wait to get this unsupported garbage out my PC.

i just saw a post on guru3d about AMD releasing a freesync drive on the 19th. do they really expect people ot wait 2 full weeks for a driver, after waiting 3 months?

Could be 19th on the next year... God I hope they actually bring shitloads of CF profiles, VSR to 1600p monitors and other bugfixes which are currently haunting these omega drivers or I will take both of these cards out of my rig and smash them with sledgehammer like how their fixer does it :mad:

... yes?? I mean if you've waited three months what does it matter?

I think "unsupported garbage" is a bit strongly worded. What problems are you having? Very little has been released in the last couple of months after the holidays anyway.

Back