AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The folks at AMD sent word that the new Catalyst 13.6 Beta drivers are now available. Highlights of the Windows AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta :

• Product support for the new AMD A10, A8, A6, and A4 Series APUs on desktop and mobile platforms
  • Adobe Premiere PRO CC - AMD Catalyst 13.6 Beta includes AMD GPU and APU OpenCL 1.2 acceleration
  • Supported on AMD Elite A-Series APUs with select Broadcomm and Atheros Wireless adapters
  • AMD Wireless Display Technology provides the ability to wirelessly display local screen content onto a remote screen in real time. Compliant receiver/TV required.
  • Reduces power consumption when running Windows 8 Metro applications – detects when Metro applications have idled and moves them to the integrated graphics component
  • AMD Catalyst Control Center now shows the hardware and software Information pages for AMD Discrete GPUs when paired with Intel Integrated graphics
  • Resolves HDMI Audio dropout issues on the AMD Radeon HD Series of products
  • Resolves issues with the AMD Catalyst Control Center showing Audio Display messages at incorrect times

Any notes on specific game framerate increases? Also, I assume these do not include the frame metering fix, correct?

Nice drivers there AMD. Not.

I just upgraded a few days ago from my Radeon 5870 to this GTX 780, man I missed Nvidia drivers so badly. Their drivers need so much work it's kind of scary that it's 2013 Q2 and they're still as broken as they are. I like how it takes Nvidia going public on their frame metering work that they've been doing for years, just for AMD to knee-jerk reflex try to patch it up.

Nice drivers there AMD. Not.

I just upgraded a few days ago from my Radeon 5870 to this GTX 780, man I missed Nvidia drivers so badly. Their drivers need so much work it's kind of scary that it's 2013 Q2 and they're still as broken as they are. I like how it takes Nvidia going public on their frame metering work that they've been doing for years, just for AMD to knee-jerk reflex try to patch it up.

I just went from a GTX 460 to a GTX 660 to a 7950 and I am loving the switch to AMD.

I have AMD 7970's that I want to badly get away from but, there performance is there. I'm basically faster than a Titan and then some for 33% less in cost.

I want to move to Nvidia but it's cost prohibitive from a cost vs performance POV. Doesn't make sense to me and I suspect many others.

With AMD's new video card coming out soonish, not sure when, I will end up waiting to see what the performance along with cost is.

There is also the matter of the new drivers AMD is working on. It's possible that with these new drivers that mico stuttering will be fixed which might breath new life into my 7970's.

Resolves HDMI Audio dropout issues on the AMD Radeon HD Series of products

NOPE. Installed restarted and booted up borderlands 2 and within 30 minutes sound dropped out completely for no reason. Had to disable and re-enable the monitor i have set for hdmi audio. I had this problem on my 6950 as well and i'm wondering if it will ever get fixed :rolleyes:.

These drivers broke my Afterburner (This is with beta 10), doesn't even detect my video card, had to downgrade to 13.5

Last edited:
When will they fix the broken vsync with eyefinity on the non primary monitors?

Or the periodic mouse cursor corruption?

I had to reinstall windows yesterday so I said why not...I've never had problems with HDMI audio(have my 7870's hooked up to a TV and two monitors) so I don't know what the issue is there?

Played some GTA IV last night after installing, it doesn't look like a performance increase, maybe minimal at best...

When will they fix the broken vsync with eyefinity on the non primary monitors?

Or the periodic mouse cursor corruption?

The easiest way to fix this is to use all the same inputs on the card. It's why I bought 7970 Lightnings. I use 3 MiniDP.

Yep I'm so glad I left AMD for Nvidia again. When it was ATI a true Canadian Company I loved there cards and drivers allways worked. When AMD bought them I was not happy and I knew one day it would just get worse. I'm so happy with SLI so easy to config and it works. The AMD drivers were just garbage from the get go. Take many reboots tweaking headaches to get crossfire working. I'm going to stick to nvidia from now on where there main business is video cards.

Yep I'm so glad I left AMD for Nvidia again. When it was ATI a true Canadian Company I loved there cards and drivers allways worked. When AMD bought them I was not happy and I knew one day it would just get worse. I'm so happy with SLI so easy to config and it works. The AMD drivers were just garbage from the get go. Take many reboots tweaking headaches to get crossfire working. I'm going to stick to nvidia from now on where there main business is video cards.

Good for you, now that you got that off your chest; shouldn't you be heading back to the Nvidia Flavor side of the forums?

I suppose this driver doesn't include stream,but inlcludes OpenCL(if so where can I get the stream driver if it has to be installed separately?)

User error. lol

Resolves HDMI Audio dropout issues on the AMD Radeon HD Series of products

Hmm. interesting. Although I already bought a Geforce 610 for my HTPC because of that shitty bug. Whenever the computer would go to sleep it would switch audio output devices to a duplicated HDMI out and I'd have to switch it back. It was quite irritating for an HTPC.

Crysis 3 play good with this driver on my crossfire but the second card temp is not detected through msi ab, it did on 13.5 beta 2, the fps seems to be the same tho.

Has anyone noticed any HDMI audio improvements (currently have 13.5)?
Mine drops audio when the system goes to stand by and occasionally the system seems reluctant to go into sleep mode, I'm fairly certain both of these are driver related.

Apart from the DP port bug that was happening with 13.5. The 13.6's seem to have cleared that up.

Apart from the DP port bug that was happening with 13.5. The 13.6's seem to have cleared that up.

and the fact that some of us could not install 13.5 as it would give only black screens on the main LCDs and only show a display on the TV. ??? Tried using their uninstall utility and unplugging all but one LCD during the uninstall and install but I’d still just get a black screen. Never had the issue before or since as 13.6 fixes this.

Was just setting up a system for a mate. He's going to be using the 7660D graphics in the A10 5800K for now. I installed these to try to resolve some performance issues with Path of Exile.

Performance is definitely better (much fewer FPS valleys) but all of my character's extremities (head, limbs, etc) disappeared with adaptive AA. Switched to multi-sampling and it's fine again.

Going to report it.

I just installed these after using AMD's own uninstall gadget; I'm on Win7 X64. So far everything looks fine, but during the install process I didn't see any mention of the OpenCL/Stream component in the list of installation choices. Is this normal for 13.6? Is there a way I can check to see if OpenCL and AMD's hooks/links/variants etc... are installed properly? In the past (at least the 12.x branches etc.. and 13.1, which I was on previously) OpenCL was always mentioned in the components alongside the display driver, HDMI audio, drag/drop transcoding etc..

I just installed these after using AMD's own uninstall gadget; I'm on Win7 X64. So far everything looks fine, but during the install process I didn't see any mention of the OpenCL/Stream component in the list of installation choices. Is this normal for 13.6? Is there a way I can check to see if OpenCL and AMD's hooks/links/variants etc... are installed properly? In the past (at least the 12.x branches etc.. and 13.1, which I was on previously) OpenCL was always mentioned in the components alongside the display driver, HDMI audio, drag/drop transcoding etc..

On my fresh install all are there

Back