AMD Catalyst 13.1 WHQL Now Available

WIll do; thinking maybe I'll perform an initial "test" install after all HW is assembled (for the 4th time..............) one using the ahci 1st( in bios) to see what windows makes of it "out of the box". If I get passed it w/o a hitch then fine. Seems like the win registry is the culprit with those AHCI controllers and installing "stock" OS settings. Might have to CMD prompt and rewrite them b4 using AHCI devices but I'm not sure how reliable envoking the repair module is b4 the install is completed; if you even can.... After win is installed the regedit option works, but sometimes with lockups or bluescreens.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV

Those two Ive noticed Impact the ahci installer; but Im not sure how to change the reg key b4 1st boot after install. When using IDE mode on the MOBO 7xxFX-9xxFX, the install works np. Switching to AHCI led to immediate BS because there was a reg conflict. Even if the driver is preinstalled the reg still conflicts with it. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

It does the same thing on Crossfire 7850's also not near as bad as the last driver i don't have any problems in games it's just the desktop flickerin'

I posted before about this bullshit desktop flickering issue, I thought I was the only one. The only solution I have found is to goto the monitor tab in CCC and enable and then disable LCD Overdrive.

I am still experiencing the screen flickering and flashing issue on my 6950 with this driver. I have been experiencing this issue since 12.10. I am currently using 12.8 drivers. I have seen a few people asking about this issue on other forums so I know that I am not the only one. I hope that the upcoming beta driver will resolve this issue.

i never had a screen flicker or a quick flash like flick, im having the same problem with my 7970be only on IE9 surfing once in a while a quick flash flicker.......not in programs flickering.
can you tell me anything on this, ive switched a few drivers 13.1 now and the 13.2 betas
im all dated with w764
please elaborate on what you know about this.....is the 12.8 driver better
Thanks

I posted before about this bullshit desktop flickering issue, I thought I was the only one. The only solution I have found is to goto the monitor tab in CCC and enable and then disable LCD Overdrive.

just enabled the ccc lcd monitor overdrive waited a minute and then disabled......
thanks macksomerville......i will see whats happens.
13.1 final driver is ok then......?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV

Those two Ive noticed Impact the ahci installer; but Im not sure how to change the reg key b4 1st boot after install. When using IDE mode on the MOBO 7xxFX-9xxFX, the install works np. Switching to AHCI led to immediate BS because there was a reg conflict. Even if the driver is preinstalled the reg still conflicts with it. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

--Solved:
Setting the "Msahci" start param to 0 while leaving the "IastorV" at def. fixed the crashing. And Skripka, the 13.1 is running great w.the new Os and 6970( HIS model ICE-Q Turbo); 7.9 in the WEI gfx score 7.6 overall (HDD transfers tallied as the lowest mark) . Not sure why ur BSOD with the 13.1. New system runnin stock V's; 1866 DDr3; 4200MHz CPU. Veddy veddy pleased so far. ;)

I swear -- AMD can suck a nut. I still had to revert back to 12.8 because for whatever reason I get tearing/corruption at the desktop in Win7 and Win8.

Stock Clocked or Overclocked -- doesn't matter.

Running a single MSI 7970 - and unless I use 12.8 drivers, I get random tearing or corruption just trying to surf the web or read email.

Did a full driver clean with their utility - and unless I use 12.8 I get the same problem. I love my 7970 for BF3 and some bitcoin action (Free electricity) but this is getting to the point where I might just have to go nvidia next round.

Was running win8 up until about a month ago - and got so many random video driver crashes despite using their latest and greatest (and putting up with the tearing)

So basically I can't use the OS i want to use because their drivers, and when I go back to Win7, I get massive corruption unless I use a very out dated driver.

Thanks AMD

I share your sentiment. What the hell is up with AMD.

You should see my desktop, I run two different resolutions of monitors on 6850 crossfire and the damn monitors are "resizing" constantly and half the desktop from monitor one is on monitor two but in the middle.

Funny thing is, if I take a screenshot to show you guys, even though the desktop is all screwed up, the screenshot is perfect.

Still Flickering in Rift. :-( Loss of a few frames. Flickering seems reduced, or I'm being optimistic...but not removed.

When are the new drivers coming out? I'm still stuck with 12.10 out here and I would really like to run Far Cry 3 decently.
AMD support has been spectacularly unhelpful so far, basically telling me to just not upgrade.

AMD support said:
Response and Service Request History:
[I understand that you are having issues with the latest driver for 2 HD6000 cards in crossfire. If this is incorrect, please let me know.
This could be caused by an improper driver installation or incompatible drivers being installed. Since you have performed clean installation, this was most likely a compatiblity issue with our latest driver and your cards.
And I aslo understand that the issue did not happen to 12.10. If so, I would advise that you stay at 12.10 which seems to be more stable and compatible.

I was on 13.2 beta 6 but I deleted it and install the 13.1. The beta driver didn't have any performance improvement, it has a slightly worse performance in Crysis 3.

Back