AMD Catalyst 11.11C

It does say there is a performance boost for single card configurations.

I too just installed the 11.11b drivers, but will probably give these a try tonight as well.

The 11.11b drivers are great with my 6870s and Skyrim. Steady 60fps at 1920x1080. Turned settings up higher last night and it still didn't drop below 60fps (vsync enabled). the GPU usage on my system is about 30% for each card and the CPU usage as reported by task manager is around 20%, spread across 4 threads.

It said there was a small boost to single card in b over 11.1X, saw zero difference. So i see no reason to try these. (Without having crossfired 5 series of course.)

Where the hell is the 4000 series profile? My 4850x2 would be fine on ultra if I could just used my damn hardware.

Even at settings with a good framerate, I'm getting a lot more input lag than my 8800GT gets at a lower framerate on a much weaker CPU.

you probably forgot the part where they no longer care much about 3 generations old cards :) especially as its about to get 4 generations old.

Went to this on 5850 tri fire tonight. Image quality (same settings in both game and catalyst), has taken a huge nose dive.

Frame rate scaling is good - huge improvement in FPS, seeing 80%+ utilization on 2 of 3 cards. Third card sits idle even though enabled in catalyst control panel, I guess its only for 2 cards? Anyone else have this working with a trifire setup?

Get all sorts of flashing textures, sky flashes black all the time, get crazy ass yellow lines when I use any of the in game menus. Can't deal with it, frame rate was good enough with 1 card and image quality on older drives was night and day better.

Think ill stick with 11.11b.

I got BF3 and Skyrim working flawlessly in eyefinity Portrait mode.

Keep in Mind!

The ONLY thing 11.11c adds over 11.11b is CrossFireX scaling in Skyrim with 5xxx series cards.

Thats it.​

Well skyrim is running good now. Now waiting for the patch that fixes all the bugs they introduced with that patch yesterday ;)

I tried out the 11.11b's on my dual 5850's and got nothing but artifacting and graphical glitches. So far the best drivers I have used have been the old Rage performance drivers from september. That matched with Radeon pro and an afr friendly profile have worked without a hitch. I would love to try the 11.11c's but after the terrible things 11.11b did to my game, I am a little scared to.

using 11.11b or 11.11c, is it normal to have low GPU usage on my 2 6950's in my sig? Is this a driver problem or something with my system? Some people are saying on ultra settings (No FXAA) they are getting constant 60fps but not me, I get 29-45fps in the opening scene on the wagon in Ultra. Shouldn't it be higher?

Eh....still having CF issues/game issues here. Game (Skyrim) doesnt run for more then 10-15 seconds for me and there is zero change when enabling CF (2 cards or 3). Ive reinstalled drivers from scratch (uninstall, safe mode, driver sweeper) and ive even reinstalled Skyrim..no change :(

you probably forgot the part where they no longer care much about 3 generations old cards :) especially as its about to get 4 generations old.

Well that sucks since, a) My three generation old card would be sufficient with proper support and b) If they want me to buy their next generation card, rather than their competitor's they need to prove to me that they deserve it. I've been an ATI fan for about a decade, but lately, their poor drivers, and lousy input lag compared to Nvidia's offerings make me want to jump ship.

Eh....still having CF issues/game issues here. Game (Skyrim) doesnt run for more then 10-15 seconds for me and there is zero change when enabling CF (2 cards or 3). Ive reinstalled drivers from scratch (uninstall, safe mode, driver sweeper) and ive even reinstalled Skyrim..no change :(

Ditto. I'm actually seeing considerably worse performance in Crossfire with 11.11b than just using a single card. I guess Oldie misconstrued my post above as a crack discussion, but basically I'm not using the most current copy of tesv.exe to launch my game, so I'm wondering if that's part of the problem.

With 11.11b skyrim Xfire works for me but im getting Texture problems, hey pop in then they dissapear then they pop back in, its really annoying.

My God, i just reinstalled Windows 2 days ago and put 11.11 WHQL and now they are already in a "c" release? I hate it when AMD does that. Why can't they produce a driver that doesn't need "revisions" within a few days? Anyway, i only play Shogun 2, and 11.11 runs fine, so i don't think i would gain anything, would i...

My God, i just reinstalled Windows 2 days ago and put 11.11 WHQL and now they are already in a "c" release? I hate it when AMD does that. Why can't they produce a driver that doesn't need "revisions" within a few days? Anyway, i only play Shogun 2, and 11.11 runs fine, so i don't think i would gain anything, would i...

Look a few posts up and your question is answered :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"The ONLY thing 11.11c adds over 11.11b is CrossFireX scaling in Skyrim with 5xxx series cards."

Look a few posts up and your question is answered :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"The ONLY thing 11.11c adds over 11.11b is CrossFireX scaling in Skyrim with 5xxx series cards."

The notes on the download page mention a few improvements on a per game basis:

AMD Catalyst 11.11c performance driver features

· Elder Scrolls Skyrim

New in Catalyst 11.11c: Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling for the AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling for AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
Improves performance 2-7% on single GPU configurations
Resolve corruption seen when enabling Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon HD 6970 Series

· Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

New in Catalyst 11.11b: Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling

· Batman Arkham City

Improves DirectX 11 performance for single GPU configurations

· Rage

Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling
Resolves a number of image / stability issues seen with the title:
Fix geometry corruption, sometimes seen in Bash TV entrance
Fix issues with Low-memory conditions on 32bit systems.
Fix issue with extreme corruption with missing textures on 32bit systems.
Fix memory leaks when deleting/reusing sync objects.
Fix hitching and pausing, especially noticeable on some Quad Core systems when doing races and Stanley Express runs.
Fix some missing shadows

· Battlefield 3

Resolves intermittent corruption seen when playing the game at specific camera angles

Damn, I hope you come through this oversight of mine ok, I'm worried about you...:rolleyes:

With 11.11b skyrim Xfire works for me but im getting Texture problems, hey pop in then they dissapear then they pop back in, its really annoying.
Play with the antialasing settings in Catalyst, i had to set mine to the one all the way to the left and textures quit popping in and out...

WOW, thanks i cant wait to try this out. I was not playing the game due to the problem i was going to wait for a patch or something.

AA shouldnt effect texture loads, thats just weird

all the way the left=MSAA (mult-sample AA)

Adpative and Super sample is borked in skyrim anyway. Tranparent textures are not AA correctly. It tanks performace, and does nothing.

Seting AA to MS upps performance so the textures have overhead to load most likely.

I had to do this as well just to get decent frame rates, but i didnt have the pop in issue.

AA shouldnt effect texture loads, thats just weird

all the way the left=MSAA (mult-sample AA)

Adpative and Super sample is borked in skyrim anyway. Tranparent textures are not AA correctly. It tanks performace, and does nothing.

Seting AA to MS upps performance so the textures have overhead to load most likely.

I had to do this as well just to get decent frame rates, but i didnt have the pop in issue.

That's what FXAA is for.

naw, 8x Multi-sample beats 4xFXAA any day of the week.

If its a performance issue, and 8xMSAA is unplayable, then sure, 4xFXAA is the way to go.

I dont have any problems with 8xMSAA, 16xAF, and 4xFXAA all enabled simultaniously on my 6950...60fps majority of the time.

if your card cant, then of course turn down MSAA until you get the performance you want.

But the best is both enabled as high as possible.

Well im pretty sure my tri-Fire setup doesnt like these drivers, BF3 stutters every 5 seconds and is annoying, Rolled back to previous drivers fixes the issues but now i get no Love in Skyrim. LOL im reallt fed up with shitty drivers from ATI/AMD. Funny thing is ill still jumop and buy the 7970's when they come out cuz im stupid lol.

which reminds me, at what point do people need to stop loading 'new' drivers for the 4870? theres no reason i can think of why this card 'needs' the latest drivers

i've heard so many horror stories of people with older cards having to fallback to older drivers...there's a point where you say enough is enough

anyone know the 'last' stable driver update for 4870 per chance?

Well im pretty sure my tri-Fire setup doesnt like these drivers, BF3 stutters every 5 seconds and is annoying, Rolled back to previous drivers fixes the issues but now i get no Love in Skyrim. LOL im reallt fed up with shitty drivers from ATI/AMD. Funny thing is ill still jumop and buy the 7970's when they come out cuz im stupid lol.

Smooth here. Do you have the caps installed?

I think i do still have the most current caps,Should i remove them and just run the New Driver without them?

Is it worth it to upgrade from 11.9 to 11.11? (5850card) I've not installed skyrim yet, but everything else is running fine. Also, is there a way to tell if you have the "catalyst suite" installed or just the basic driver? I can't remember if I just installed the driver last time.

TIA

Back