AMD Buyout

You should try to go long anyways so you don't have to pay that short term tax, whatever it is called...
 
I was waiting and was gonna buy when it hit 7, but I guess that isn't likely.

that sucks I was gonna almost jump in when it was at around 8, coulda made a few grand, but I thought it was going to drop, then rise hard when bulldozer was released. I hate the market, I suck at it.
 
I was waiting and was gonna buy when it hit 7, but I guess that isn't likely.

that sucks I was gonna almost jump in when it was at around 8, coulda made a few grand, but I thought it was going to drop, then rise hard when bulldozer was released. I hate the market, I suck at it.

I had the exact same thought. I kept waiting closer to BD release and now I am not sure if I want to buy it. It is jumping around to much.
 
You should try to go long anyways so you don't have to pay that short term tax, whatever it is called...

Good tip, I did a search and you pay far less tax on stock you hold for >1year.

I am very green at this, so some silly mistakes are expected. Better to learn before I have too much invested.
 
I was waiting and was gonna buy when it hit 7, but I guess that isn't likely.

that sucks I was gonna almost jump in when it was at around 8, coulda made a few grand, but I thought it was going to drop, then rise hard when bulldozer was released. I hate the market, I suck at it.

You can never really predict the market. Sometimes you can pick up on patterns with some isolated stocks, but even the best mutual fund managers are unable to beat the market consistently. You may think the stock may rise hard when BD is released, but that is a risky assumption because BD might end up being a dud in the eyes of analysts.
 
Back
Top