AMD/ ATI 5850 right now at the egg

An ASUS one is also available right now... Must be looking at same time they entered the info.

I'll have an ASUS 5850 for sale tomorrow for 290 shipped. PM me if you want it. Just a heads up..

XFX has two overclocked variants available on the egg. One for $339 (not awful if the warranty is big for you... at least compared to other prices atm), one which is 10MHz faster for $20 more. :rolleyes:

Well if people stopped posting them as 'deals' (I know the intent is to just post they're in stock) and buying them the price would go down :p

I still love how every time a 58xx/59xx is in stock, we create a new thread about it.

ill bet you $30 by april i will find one for that price. then it will be a sub $200 card for me ;)

I know it's like saying "LOL you'll never find a 8800GT below $300" oh those were the days...lol...NERD TAX!!!!

After reading the borderlands performance review I'm majorly underwhelmed by the 5850. I mean sweet if youre doing Eyefinity but otherwise its waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. Seriously disposable income only here.

Well thanks for the share but you cantake 2 4890s crossfire them get the same results are better and have money in your pocket thats my 2 cents worth im not impressed with the 5 series.

I have a 3x 4870 (x2 plus 4870) and a gtx 280 and I just ordered a 5770. Thats how much eyefinity matters to me.

2 4890s crossfire them get the same results are better and have money in your pocket
let's see, 2x 4890's on sale AR is $179 x 2 = $358. ASUS Radeon 5850 = $309

???

It pretty much is. It's a twimtbp title and the other radeon lines aren't performing at the same level as the nvidia equivalents in borderlands.

After reading the borderlands performance review I'm majorly underwhelmed by the 5850. I mean sweet if youre doing Eyefinity but otherwise its waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced. Seriously disposable income only here.

You forgot the IMO part....

My crossfire 5850's are better performing that any Nvidia setup I've ever owned.
Borderlands is a seriously flawed game, and you want to pass judgment on performance on that game alone?:rolleyes:

Have fun with you rebranded GT200..ummm...I mean GT300 card.

ill bet you $30 by april i will find one for that price. then it will be a sub $200 card for me ;)

I'm not saying it's impossible, but your talking about 5 months out and the HD 5XXX were released in October. Almost any peripheral would go on sale within that time span.

....or you could just wait for Fermi ;)

I saw 1 5850 for $295 (opened?) at Fry's. I saw no reason to buy it at that ridiculous price. I've only spent $270 once for a 4870 and that was enough.

What a crock. I just love how the price goes up $10 every time it's in stock.

I just love how people can still have absolutely zero understanding of the role prices play with regards to scarcity.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but your talking about 5 months out and the HD 5XXX were released in October. Almost any peripheral would go on sale within that time span.

....or you could just wait for Fermi ;)

5 months is nothing. unless you have a lot of time off work for a winter or something, just freakin wait. dont let these manufacturers tax the shit out of the people who are actually interested in their products.

the only thing that might change my mind is if nvidia has a better value card... but honestly, i think ati's compatibility is getting slightly better then nvidias... i like what amd is doing with video so ill most likely go with the 5850 whenever i can get it around $200, because thats really what the card is worth at best.

5 months is nothing. unless you have a lot of time off work for a winter or something, just freakin wait. dont let these manufacturers tax the shit out of the people who are actually interested in their products.

the only thing that might change my mind is if nvidia has a better value card... but honestly, i think ati's compatibility is getting slightly better then nvidias... i like what amd is doing with video so ill most likely go with the 5850 whenever i can get it around $200, because thats really what the card is worth at best.

"Worth" by your best estimates of course;) I am waiting for the non-reference parts to come out. My 4850 (manufacturer installed non-reference cooling, slight overclock, etc...) that I bought 5 months after the release was so much better in terms of cooling and power than the reference card I bought at launch. I see the 5770's are getting the tweaked ones now but if the supply on the 5850/5870's are going to be so slow thus far it is going to take forever before the makers start playing with the pcb's and cooling.

Back