• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+

RL400

n00b
Joined
Nov 11, 2008
Messages
61
I have never overclocked before, but i would like to tinker with it a bit. what would be a safe voltage for overclocking a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000 in an Antec 900 air cooled case with stock heatsink?

I havent looked at my overclocking options in my bios yet, any recommendations for a program to use, or tips?

Thanks
 
I'm going to assume you're talking about a socket AM2 Brisbane core. In that case, I definitely wouldn't go over 1.4 volts and keep very close watch on your temps. I didn't use the stock heatsink on mine as I bought an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro but the stock heatsink doesn't look like much.

I would probably leave the voltage at stock and see what kind of clock speeds you can get that way. The overclock alone may end up being too much for the heatsink as it is and it would not be a good idea to push any extra voltage through it at the same time.

That said, I am able to run my X2 4000+ at 3.0Ghz with the mentioned heatsink at around 1.425v and temps around 60C.

 
If its brisbane you're good up to 1.45v on air as long as you can manage your temps. My 4850e idles in the low 20's under an Ultima 90 and load never breaks 40*C with 1.45v
 
Back
Top