AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Processor $99,

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
TigerDirect has the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Processor (1.8Ghz) 512KB Cache, Socket 754, OEM for a low $99.99 after rebate, $12 shipping. Tax in FL, IL, NC.

TigerDirect has a free Kensington Wifi Finder.

$50 rebate Exp 4/17/05

link

tigerdirect's track record with rebates is not that great
not bad though

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ / 512KB Cache / 1600MHz FSB / Socket 754 / Processor

doesn't that make it WITHOUT the 64bit code?

QM

quasimodem said:

QM
no sure what you mean, what would not make it 64 bit? there are S754 that do 64 bit, the sempron doent do 64 bit

As long as it's not a Sempron it will be a 64bit CPU. That's a Hella sweet deal assuming that you ACTUALLY get the rebate. If it's a Tiger Direct rebate I wouldn't hold my breath though. :p

Get this on their "Rebate Guarantee" -

"To qualify for the TigerDirect Rebate Guarantee you must comply with the following:

Complete the attached rebate form and follow all the instructions that apply.
Submit the rebate via Postal Service: "Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested" by the required postmark date to the address on the rebate form.
Please make copies of all materials submitted:
Rebate Form
UPC, Barcode or Serial Number
Invoice or Receipt
Postal Tracking Information "

I got all excited...then I saw Tiger Direct and an MIR, what a let down...at least put the MIR in the subject line. ;)

diablo111 said:
I got all excited...then I saw Tiger Direct and an MIR, what a let down...at least put the MIR in the subject line. ;)

Same here.

quasimodem said:

QM

I meant would it run the XP64 or the SERVER64 operating systems?

Thanx.

I maybe wrong, but as long as the CPU supports 64 bit code, it would run both. Maybe your confused because of the difference b/w the opteron and the Athlon 64. The Opteron is the server directed CPU and the Athlon 64 is the desktop directed one. Not sure of the actual differences though. Memory controller?

annaconda said:
TigerDirect has the AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Processor (1.8Ghz) 512KB Cache, Socket 754, OEM for a low $99.99 after rebate, $12 shipping. Tax in FL, IL, NC.

TigerDirect has a free Kensington Wifi Finder.

$50 rebate Exp 4/17/05

link

That chip is 2.0Ghz not 1.8Ghz, but that's just nitpicking ;). Good deal.

There is an Artical about this Processor in CPU Magazine and they used it to overclock upto 2.5GHZ and at that speed it clearly beats the 4000+ by a big margin in Sandra 2005 benchmark.

Back