• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD 5850 and HX620

jon_k

Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
567
I just bought a new AMD 5850, but I'm worried it won't work on my PSU (Corsair HX620)

My PSU only has one 6 pin PCIE connector and the 5850 needs two. Is this going to be a problem?
 
The 620HX has two PCI-E connectors. Check again.

If you did lose that second PCI-E connector, most good HD 5850 manufacturers should include a molex to PCI-E adapter
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Also contact Corsair about your missing cable. They should take care of you.
 
Your HX620 should come with two PCI-e inputs. I know my HX520 does which I will be using with a 5850 next year. You should probably contact Corsair to see if you can get another.
 
Back
Top