amd 3000 cooler?

fightingfi

2[H]4U
There has been NO mention which cooler if any comes with teh new cpu's im going to assume its teh same as teh 2000?

It depends.

amd_ryzen_wraith.jpg

Stealth on 6 core non x and below?
Spire on 6 core X models
Max on all Ryzen 7s and 9s

I am getting a 3900x 12 core but I am going to use the included RGB cooler on my son's 2400G.

Since I already have an AM4 XSPC Raystorm I will use that on the 12 core.

There has been NO mention which cooler if any comes with teh new cpu's im going to assume its teh same as teh 2000?
Why are you emphasizing "NO" when they most certainly did mention what coolers would come with the cpus? Heck it was right there in the slides. Plus you can simply go to AMD's site as already mentioned. https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/cpu-cooler-solution

AMD Wraith Prism (RGB programmable LED with compatible motherboards)
AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X
AMD Ryzen™ 7 3800X
AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X

AMD Wraith Spire (RGB programmable LED with compatible motherboards)
AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600X
AMD Ryzen™ 5 3400G

o7bdih-BIGav0-S7-Gs.jpg

Looks like it's pretty much the same cooler that came with the 2700X.

The product page on AMD's site mention which cooler the respective CPUs come with. They all come with some sort of heatsink.

Think about it..

These 3000 series use less power on the high end so the old coolers will actually work better

No bitching allowed. Plus the wraith max actually got really high review scores.

Think about it..

These 3000 series use less power on the high end so the old coolers will actually work better

No bitching allowed. Plus the wraith max actually got really high review scores.

Do they though? I hope so, but both Intel and AMD "TDP" numbers are a little suspect when running a full load across all cores. I'm not going to believe anything until I see a review.

The Wraith Max is nice when you get it for free. I don't know that I'd go on eBay and drop $40 to pick one up though.

Do they though? I hope so, but both Intel and AMD "TDP" numbers are a little suspect when running a full load across all cores. I'm not going to believe anything until I see a review.

The Wraith Max is nice when you get it for free. I don't know that I'd go on eBay and drop $40 to pick one up though.

Well it's not free. They are embedded in the price of the CPU retail package.

No 3950X listed on the website. Wonder if it gets a different cooler, but I doubt it.

I doubt it since the TDP is 105W like the rest of them. Depending on how aggressive the Precision Boost is that might be like running a NASCAR race with a restrictor plate on it though.

Just look for your favorite AM4 cooler that can cool a manual OC 2700x to 4.2. If it can handle that... You will be fine.

Get the Mugen 5 dude...it's awesome. The Intel Mounting is laying over on the EVGA. I'm just booted out laying on the Table again...hell with it do some quick swapps if need be.

Back