• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

AMD 125w TDP mini-itx...

Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
44
Do they exist?

I am looking to downsize my rig from a Silverstone RV-02 to the new SG-07. I am planning on reusing many of the parts from my current system including my PhenomII X4 920 - which is a 125w TDP.

I have looked at the ASUS M4A88T-I - which only support 95w TDP. Are there any AMD mini-itx boards out there that would support 125w TDP?

~AB
 
The only am3 mITX board is the asus.. Id your 920 a Black Edition or Not? The regular 920's were only 95w TDP & You can always Underclock/Undervoltif you need to.
 
That's wrong, there's also J&W, and Sapphire made an industrial board that hasn't been released to consumers yet. The Sapphire supports higher TDP chips.
 
That's wrong, there's also J&W, and Sapphire made an industrial board that hasn't been released to consumers yet. The Sapphire supports higher TDP chips.

That is correct.. I was answering like an American, since we only get the Asus after all
 
The only am3 mITX board is the asus.. Id your 920 a Black Edition or Not? The regular 920's were only 95w TDP & You can always Underclock/Undervoltif you need to.

It is BE

Here is the CPU-Z report:
Processor 1 ID = 0
Number of cores 4 (max 4)
Number of threads 4 (max 4)
Name AMD Phenom II X4 920
Codename Deneb
Specification AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 920 Processor
Package Socket AM2+ (940)
CPUID F.4.2
Extended CPUID 10.4
Brand ID 12
Core Stepping RB-C2
Technology 45 nm
Core Speed 2813.0 MHz
Multiplier x FSB 14.0 x 200.9 MHz
HT Link speed 1004.6 MHz
Stock frequency 2800 MHz
Instructions sets MMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V
L1 Data cache 4 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L1 Instruction cache 4 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L2 cache 4 x 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line size
L3 cache 6 MBytes, 48-way set associative, 64-byte line size
FID/VID Control yes
FID range 4.0x - 14.0x
Max VID 1.325 V
P-State FID 0xC - VID 0x12 - IDD 26 (14.0x - 1.325 V)
P-State FID 0x5 - VID 0x1A - IDD 19 (10.5x - 1.225 V)
P-State FID 0x0 - VID 0x20 - IDD 18 (8.0x - 1.150 V)
P-State FID 0x100 - VID 0x20 - IDD 12 (4.0x - 1.150 V)

Package Type 0x1
Model 20
String 1 0x3
String 2 0x6
Page 0x0
CmpCap 4
TDP Limit 125 Watts
TDC Limit 104 Amps
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 0
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 1
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 2
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 3
Attached device PCI device at bus 0, device 24, function 4
 
Last edited:
I think you're out of options to be honest.

Because the 920 only has a ddr2 memory controller iirc and the only amd itx boards
that support ddr2 wouldn't support 125w cpus.
 
argg...I was afraid of that. well, it seems that I have the perfect excuse to build a new computer from scratch :) I just need to find someone to buy my rig.
 
Last edited:
I think you're out of options to be honest.

Because the 920 only has a ddr2 memory controller iirc and the only amd itx boards
that support ddr2 wouldn't support 125w cpus.

wow.. Uhmmm no the 920 is a Phenom II x4 in an AM3 socket so its native to DDR3, not DDR2.. Simple fact of the matter is that in the US (assuming that the OP is) the only Option for an decent AMD mITX motherboard is the ASUS M4A88T-I which only supports 95w thats what we hav e to work with..

Now to the OP.. Here is the thing that makes it really easy since your running a black edition CPU it makes it even easier.. Underclock it & undervolt it.. Not talking about a huge difference in the underclock, But do it some to reduce the TDP.. I have a Core Unlocked x2 555 80w that unlocks to a Phenom II x4 B55 3.2Ghz 125w TDP.. As soon as it was running at this I dropped the Multiplier to 14 & reduced the core voltage making this a 2.8Ghz & the voltage was low enough that I would estimate that the actual TDP its doing now is closer to 80w then 100w (I matched the voltage from a Phenom II x4 905e which is a 65w CPU)..

So even though your CPU is too hot now doesnt mean that you cant cool it off.. Having the BE I think makes it easier, although you could lower it even with a non BE CPU..
 
wow.. Uhmmm no the 920 is a Phenom II x4 in an AM3 socket so its native to DDR3, not DDR2.. Simple fact of the matter is that in the US (assuming that the OP is) the only Option for an decent AMD mITX motherboard is the ASUS M4A88T-I which only supports 95w thats what we hav e to work with..

Now to the OP.. Here is the thing that makes it really easy since your running a black edition CPU it makes it even easier.. Underclock it & undervolt it.. Not talking about a huge difference in the underclock, But do it some to reduce the TDP.. I have a Core Unlocked x2 555 80w that unlocks to a Phenom II x4 B55 3.2Ghz 125w TDP.. As soon as it was running at this I dropped the Multiplier to 14 & reduced the core voltage making this a 2.8Ghz & the voltage was low enough that I would estimate that the actual TDP its doing now is closer to 80w then 100w (I matched the voltage from a Phenom II x4 905e which is a 65w CPU)..

So even though your CPU is too hot now doesnt mean that you cant cool it off.. Having the BE I think makes it easier, although you could lower it even with a non BE CPU..
The launch 920 and launch 940BE were AM2+ chips, not AM3.
Based off of the stepping (C2), and this line:
Package Socket AM2+ (940)

I will assume it's AM2+, and not the later AM3.


=========================================================================
EDIT: The PhenomII X4 920 was only avalible in AM2+. It was superceded by the AM3 Phenom II X4 925.
 
=========================================================================
EDIT: The PhenomII X4 920 was only avalible in AM2+. It was superceded by the AM3 Phenom II X4 925.

apparently my google fu is weak because what I found earlier didn't indicate that, but what I just found now agree's with you..

That Changes things quite a bit then..

There are No mITX AM2/AM2+ board with a x16 PCIe slot that I am aware of at all.. So if your wanting to still game you will have to make the move to either an Intel or to AM3
 
Back
Top