Amazon Wiper Blade Deal

I have these on my car (which is a Mazda 3), they work really well.

Although I do not need to replace my blades now I purchased this. Added a book I planed to order soon to get the free shipping.

Worked great in the summer, worked terribly in the winter and sucked the following spring after being frozen during the winter.

I'd buy it if I lived in California

Score, thanks boss. Wiper blades last about 9 months up here in Chi-town, and I am a fan of bosch blades.

Worked great in the summer, worked terribly in the winter and sucked the following spring after being frozen during the winter.

I'd buy it if I lived in California

I live in California, and don't understand why ignorant people like you make comments like this. :rolleyes:

We get 4' of snow at a time in winter sometimes, and our winters are more brutal than many places in the USA. Maybe you haven't heard of the Sierra Nevada Mountains or the Donner Party ;)

I live in California, and don't understand why ignorant people like you make comments like this. :rolleyes:

We get 4' of snow at a time in winter sometimes, and our winters are more brutal than many places in the USA. Maybe you haven't heard of the Sierra Nevada Mountains or the Donner Party ;)

Most people who think California think beaches and sunshine and moderate weather. Don't take it personally.

Also, you want to talk brutal winter, I imagine I have you bested. 4-5 ft in one setting happens at least once a winter, and 2-3ft at once happens quite regularly. 200-300 inches of snow is pretty common, and it will frequently start snowing by early October, and getting snow in May is not all that uncommon (the past two nights have dropped down into the low 30's, it sucks. Killed my plants :mad:).

Also... uhhh... wiper blades. Bummer I just bought some last week. I usually just buy the cheap ones. They have to be replaced fairly frequently here, and the few times i've paid up for expensive wipers they haven't seem to last any longer.

These are not that great. I got in on the last deal and it's been 4 months in South Carolina weather and they are pretty much used up. Better off going cheap and replacing more often. These don't swipe, they suck.

I had terrible luck with Bosch. Chatter, streaks etc.. Better to change more often on the old reliable ones

I had terrible luck with Bosch. Chatter, streaks etc.. Better to change more often on the old reliable ones

This is what Rain X did to their blades a couple years ago. They started cutting corners in their manufacturing and all their blades started to skip and streak right out of the box BRAND FUCKING NEW. However, I check in on them a few months ago and they got their act together and started to make the blades how they used to.

I am real anal about wiper blades. Tried about 10 different kinds. Bosch were fine in the summer and noisy soon as it hit 40 F. The old Anco Winter blades with the boots used to be awesome for year round use. About 4 years ago something changed and they weren't as good. I've had good luck with Trico Ice blades lately. Running these year round with no streaks, chatter, or squeaking. I suspect some blades will work better on some windshields than others.

http://www.tricoproducts.com/Drivers/WiperProducts/ExtremeWeather/TRICOIce

Take a wet rag and wipe your blades down twice a month. Goes a long way in preserving them. Also clay your windshield once a year. Takes about 10-15 minutes to do a whole car.

This is what Rain X did to their blades a couple years ago. They started cutting corners in their manufacturing and all their blades started to skip and streak right out of the box BRAND FUCKING NEW. However, I check in on them a few months ago and they got their act together and started to make the blades how they used to.

This is good news, I just bought a ton of them for $9 a blade.

Interesting subject those wiper blades but how many of you adjust your wiper arms?

I've yet to see a wiper arm that placed the wiper blade absolutely perpendicular to the windshield from the factory. This is the biggest cause of chatter and blades that won't flip flop properly.

The trick is turn on your wipers and shut off the key when they are at the center of their arc.

Lift the arm and lower it back down and I'd bet your blade isn't square to the windshield.

Some auto manufactures actually make the tool you need but if you cover the arm with a shop cloth or towel and grab the arm with a pair of vice grips you can twist it a bit. Lift the arm and check again...Keep going until you get it right.

Mercedes, Porsche, BMW etc. used to teach this in Tech training.

It really helps, honest:)

Most people who think California think beaches and sunshine and moderate weather. Don't take it personally.

Also, you want to talk brutal winter, I imagine I have you bested. 4-5 ft in one setting happens at least once a winter, and 2-3ft at once happens quite regularly. 200-300 inches of snow is pretty common, and it will frequently start snowing by early October, and getting snow in May is not all that uncommon (the past two nights have dropped down into the low 30's, it sucks. Killed my plants :mad:).

Also... uhhh... wiper blades. Bummer I just bought some last week. I usually just buy the cheap ones. They have to be replaced fairly frequently here, and the few times i've paid up for expensive wipers they haven't seem to last any longer.

Hmm.. I meant at once, and we get snow sometimes all year around. It hasn't snowed in June (at 3500') in about 4 years. We just got snow last week though after hitting nearly 80 couple weeks ago!!

RE: I agree. Blades, I've done the same the last 2 years and my wife thanks me for it they work so great... that's all that matters. Drive to NAPA, buy cheap blades, they install for her and they work better than the $$ ones. We just had one set last 2 winters, I was amazed. We normally go through tires every 15mo and wipers at-least once a year, and yes they're installed/angled properly as they kick ass when they're not broken down/bent/damaged from whatever. Windshields don't last too long either, damn truckers.

Cheap blades replaced more often are always going to be better than $$ blades that you try to get forever-life out of or install wrong.

Hmm.. I meant at once, and we get snow sometimes all year around. It hasn't snowed in June (at 3500') in about 4 years. We just got snow last week though after hitting nearly 80 couple weeks ago!!

RE: I agree. Blades, I've done the same the last 2 years and my wife thanks me for it they work so great... that's all that matters. Drive to NAPA, buy cheap blades, they install for her and they work better than the $$ ones. We just had one set last 2 winters, I was amazed. We normally go through tires every 15mo and wipers at-least once a year, and yes they're installed/angled properly as they kick ass when they're not broken down/bent/damaged from whatever. Windshields don't last too long either, damn truckers.

Cheap blades replaced more often are always going to be better than $$ blades that you try to get forever-life out of or install wrong.

You have to replace all your tires about every 15 months? :eek: Even cheap tires cost about $400 after all is said and done. That's just for a standard sedan too - if you have trucks or SUV's that can get insane.

You have to replace all your tires about every 15 months? :eek: Even cheap tires cost about $400 after all is said and done. That's just for a standard sedan too - if you have trucks or SUV's that can get insane.

Tell me about it.

This is an AWD Subaru on mountain roads, so the tires wear fast and we get a great pro-rated replacement :) I forget brand/model but the tires are the best snow/ice/rain + dry tire I've used in a car. All winter tires don't work here due to the snow where we are and then rain in the city <15 miles away.

If our winters were more predictable we'd have 2 sets and swap, but this winter snow didn't come until very late, and in the past we could have feet in October.

But, it is nice to just drive out of it in 15minutes :)

Because that's the only part of California I guess... It's kind of like when you say you're from New York, people automatically assume you mean New York City...
they have reason to be sensitive...even us Southern Californians think the rest are irrelevant :D

Tell me about it.

This is an AWD Subaru on mountain roads, so the tires wear fast and we get a great pro-rated replacement :) I forget brand/model but the tires are the best snow/ice/rain + dry tire I've used in a car. All winter tires don't work here due to the snow where we are and then rain in the city <15 miles away.

If our winters were more predictable we'd have 2 sets and swap, but this winter snow didn't come until very late, and in the past we could have feet in October.

But, it is nice to just drive out of it in 15minutes :)

I hope your prorated replacement is as good as you say. I live in Dallas so one set of 4 last several years so $500 all together for my car is very manageable.

Back