Amazon Sandisk Ultra 2 960GB $199.99

Ever since I got a damaged video card from Newegg 4 years ago which was sold as 'new', I always send a message that I'm purchasing a NEW item and anything that appears opened or used will be automatically returned with a complaint sent to my credit card bank as well, and this message gets sent to amazon and all other vendors that I purchase from. Periodically I read about people here and on other forums who order stuff with the intention of just trying it and then send stuff back. While I can certainly understand if there's something wrong with the product, it does kind of bother me that they think that the merchant should have to bear the brunt of the cost of people doing that, and wind up selling the returned item as an open box discounted one just because somebody wanted to take it home and see how much they could overclock it, then send it back.

BTW, I haven't received anything used or open box when it was supposed to be new, since. Vendors apparently understand that something opened already will be returned so they don't sent it.

Send it back. YOu paid for a new one, you should get a new one.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I hate to go through the effort of sending back an item that appears to work, but like you say, I have no idea why the previous owner returned it and not all failures are obvious.

Luckily, the same SSD is on sale at Newegg, so I'm saving $35 while I'm at it!

My guess is the previous owner benchmarked the drive and did not like the result. However it could have had a real problem.

Was hoping to get a deal on a 1TB 850 EVO, but I'm just not seeing any right now. Couldn't pass up $175, even though I'm not impressed with the benchmarks. My 4 year old Corsair Force GT still works great, but @ 120GB it's getting to be a pain to manage Windows bloat and programs.

This is probably the last SATA3 SSD I'll ever buy, as once the 3770K gets retired there will be better options.

I still have two several year old Sandforce 240GB drives with my OS and programs scattered between them. I'm tempted to get one of these and consolidate them all on one big drive.

I still have two several year old Sandforce 240GB drives with my OS and programs scattered between them. I'm tempted to get one of these and consolidate them all on one big drive.
That's exactly what I'm doing. My two 500GB 840 Evos are about 75% full. Games, programs, music, etc. are all over the place. I want to get everything organized on a single drive. I've been waiting for an 850 Pro 1TB sale, but nothing yet. Tough to pass on this Sandisk deal.

I've had far more hdd failures than ssd failures.

Out of the 16 hard drives I have had in the last 5 years, I have had 4 fail.

Out of the 8 ssds I have had in the last 5 years, I only had 1 failure which was a pos sandforce drive that never worked right from the begining and got sent back within 30 days of buying it.

I am not facing any problem my sandforce based SSDs. I have been using it for a while now and it works totally fine.

Back