Amazon Pre-Orders: Will they actually be fulfilled?

Burke888

Gawd
All the console buzz has me excited to finally get my hands on one of the new consoles. I remember for the Playstation 3 I stood in line for 36 hours just to nab one on release day. The Playstation 2 I eagerly awaited Christmas wondering if my parents would actually be able to find one or not. They were.

Now with the Playstation 4 and Xbox One it seems as though buying one is as simple as a mouse click and a Pre-Order? As of today Amazon is still accepting pre-orders for both consoles. How is this so? How is it that every console launch prior to this has been plagued by low units, long lines, and grumpy consumers literally camping in a line.

I was wondering your thoughts on the matter and if anyone knows if Amazon has released any type of statement about whether or not they have enough units to meet day one demand?

They always fulfill preorders. They even have preorder shipping where they get it to you the day a product is released.

Although I don't preorder anymore, I can recommend Amazon 100% for preorders of any sort. If they botch something, they actually go out of their way to fix it w/ some good bonuses.

I've always stood in line for consoles and sometimes spent months trying to get a launch. This time, I decided to pre-order the Wii-U and it was nice. No waiting in lines, no wondering if I'll get one... just walked in, handed them my receipt, and then walked off with my Wii-U.

That was gamestop... I don't see why Amazon would be any different. If your preorder doesn't ship on time, you can always cancel and hopefully buy it somewhere else.

I pre-ordered the 360 via Amazon way back when and it actually showed up a day early.

I pre-ordered the 360 via Amazon way back when and it actually showed up a day early.

While not an actual console, I've had games and movies show up the day before release when I pre-order through Amazon. I highly recommend it!

I've never had a pre-order show up late.

While not an actual console, I've had games and movies show up the day before release when I pre-order through Amazon. I highly recommend it!

I've never had a pre-order show up late.

yeah.. consoles are different though, worries me.

This! Let's get into some PSN day 1 son. I'll be on vacation then hah.

lets do it!!!!!!!

hella pumped.

... thinking back - I didn't get my 360 via Amazon. I remember it was actually via Wal-Mart (online) of all retailers. They were offering some kind of 3-game and a charge kit bundle. That was the best deal I could find.
Anywhoo, it showed up a day early and my package of 3 games showed up separately 2 days early, although my apartment complex at the time didn't tell me that they had signed for them.

I have never seen Amazon not fill a pre-order. When they get enough orders and can't fill the demand, they will stop taking them temporarily.

I have never seen Amazon not fill a pre-order. When they get enough orders and can't fill the demand, they will stop taking them temporarily.

how could they know how many they're going to get alr`eady thats what i want to know.

how could they know how many they're going to get alr`eady thats what i want to know.

Because they already know how many there will be for sale. They wouldn't sell something they couldn't even get, you can rest assured.

They are given an allotted amount from the manufacturer saying you will get xxx units. Sony/MS know pretty close to how many systems they will have available on launch.

According to Amazon Game's Twitter, if you ordered a PS4 before about 3pm PST today you *should* get a launch console. If you ordered before midnight last night, you *will* get one on launch.

Amazon.com said:
Product Alert
The standard version of the PlayStation 4 is identical to the Launch Edition. Due to high demand, we cannot guarantee Release-Date Delivery on the standard version of the PlayStation 4. We will deliver the standard version of PlayStation 4 as close to its release date as possible.

There are no longer accepting pre-orders of the Launch Edition.

According to Amazon Game's Twitter, if you ordered a PS4 before about 3pm PST today you *should* get a launch console. If you ordered before midnight last night, you *will* get one on launch.

hm. i got mine in really quickly. but i almost want to go to gamestop and put money down on one to guarantee i get one.

hm. i got mine in really quickly. but i almost want to go to gamestop and put money down on one to guarantee i get one.

There's an easy way to tell now that they've created the "launch edition" and "standard edition." According to Amazon, people who ordered a "launch edition" will get their console on release day while "standard edition" buyers will likely have to wait for a restock.

1) Log into your Amazon account
2) Go to PS4 product page and look for the buttons to switch between "standard" and "launch"
3) Click the launch edition-- if you're logged in, a notification will pop up near the top of the page that says something like "you purchased this on X date"

If you click again on the "standard edition" the notification should go away if you got one of the "launch" ones.

Obviously, this would work the other way around if you only got the "standard edition."

There's an easy way to tell now that they've created the "launch edition" and "standard edition." According to Amazon, people who ordered a "launch edition" will get their console on release day while "standard edition" buyers will likely have to wait for a restock.

1) Log into your Amazon account
2) Go to PS4 product page and look for the buttons to switch between "standard" and "launch"
3) Click the launch edition-- if you're logged in, a notification will pop up near the top of the page that says something like "you purchased this on X date"

If you click again on the "standard edition" the notification should go away if you got one of the "launch" ones.

Obviously, this would work the other way around if you only got the "standard edition."

yeah i saw that. got the launch edition.

I wonder which edition I got then. I ordered mine early yesterday morning around 5am EST, but there was no standard and launch edition choices, there was only a pre-order for PS4. I noticed early this morning that they've been divided into two choices now with the launch edition being unavailable now. When I look at my order history, it doesn't show launch edition next to the order details, but when I look at the PS4 console product page and click on the launch edition version, it shows I placed my order for it yesterday. When I click on the standard version the message goes away that I ordered one so I would assume I got the launch edition, it was just before they decided to differentiate the two versions.

I wonder which edition I got then. I ordered mine early yesterday morning around 5am EST, but there was no standard and launch edition choices, there was only a pre-order for PS4. I noticed early this morning that they've been divided into two choices now with the launch edition being unavailable now. When I look at my order history, it doesn't show launch edition next to the order details, but when I look at the PS4 console product page and click on the launch edition version, it shows I placed my order for it yesterday. When I click on the standard version the message goes away that I ordered one so I would assume I got the launch edition, it was just before they decided to differentiate the two versions.

Yeah mine is the same...it looks like we got the Launch edition, we shall see :p

I pre-ordered mine yesterday around 5PM Eastern and got in on the Launch Edition. Glad I did, as it looks like they stopped taking orders shortly after! I've pre-ordered both consoles... but I'm a bit on the fence on whether I'll go through with the X1 on launch. It will depend on the games I suppose.

Woo got the launch edition. Havnt been this excited for xmas since I was a kid!

Yeah mine is the same...it looks like we got the Launch edition, we shall see :p

Got an E-mail from Amazon last night stating they made a change in their product webpage seperating the two versions and that since my order was placed before they seperated the two versions, my order is a launch edition.

Amazon generally has been good. Really depends on if sony and ms can meet their production goals. I want to say it was the ps3 that sony really cut the number of consoles they took orders for and this caused a lot of stores to fail to fullfil the preorders on launch.

Got an E-mail from Amazon last night stating they made a change in their product webpage seperating the two versions and that since my order was placed before they seperated the two versions, my order is a launch edition.

This. I posted in the other Amazon thread as well, but I got mine upgraded as well.

Here's the email:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering the PlayStation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers.

We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical.

You do not need to take any action or make any changes to your current order.

Hopefully if they get more in they will start upgrading all the standard editions to launch editions.

This is exactly why I pre ordered both consoles the moment they both became available on Amazon. I seriously doubt I'll be getting an Xbox One but if MS happens to change their policy in the next 6 months I won't be struggling to find one towards launch day. I refuse to stand in line for hours on end for a console anymore.

Amazon is amazing with their shipping. They seriously have probably the best shipping/return system in the country. I hear they always honor their pre orders and have a very low margin of error. So if you pre ordered before they said they had to cut it off then you are probably 95 percent likely to receive it the same time everyone else does.

If anyone that has a standard edition (pre ordered when the launch edition sold out) and it gets upgraded to the launch edition post back here. Obviously this doesn't apply to the people who got it before Amazon split the two up.

more inventory because they are using more "off the shelf" so to speak hardware, sure inventory is easily filled vs say core processors and crap.

more inventory because they are using more "off the shelf" so to speak hardware, the inventory is easily filled vs say core processors and crap.

Yeah, I'm hoping this is the case, and it would make sense since nothing about the PS4 hardware is really super-custom. I managed to get one of the launch one's from Amazon, but my brother missed out. Neither of us want to fight the lines at a B&M place this time around to get him one.

Did you originally order a standard edition and then it got changed?

I don't remember, I think the conference wasn't even finished when I placed my order.
I was waiting for amazon to open the preorders. I placed one of the first orders for sure, never noticed the "name/edition". I don't think they had 2 model's when I ordered, don't remember seeing any other listings.

I don't remember, I think the conference wasn't even finished when I placed my order.
I was waiting for amazon to open the preorders. I placed one of the first orders for sure, never noticed the "name/edition". I don't think they had 2 model's when I ordered, don't remember seeing any other listings.

If that's the case, you were already getting one of the launch editions since you ordered so early.

Got the launch edition email for the ps4 and the email for the "day one" X1 here, I hit up amazon about 30 minutes after the Sony conference.

Back