Amazon - HIS Radeon HD 6970 2GB Video Card - $223 - $20 MIR = $203 (TEMP OOS)

Damn, I never seem to luck out on the promo credits. I guess I'm not pushy enough.

Shitty, I can't believe they cancelled them on you guys. The only thing I can figure is that I got mine becuase I ordered it like the second it was posted on SD, before all the goddamn ebay resellers ordered 15 of them. Sorry ya'll, that sucks. :(

I didnt mention that when I called, she first informed me they cancelled them, and then offered, without my asking to credit me the difference if I ordered another one! :)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/98/tempsa.png/

$173.99 after sapphire rebate :D

Will go nicely with my build from last week

i5-2500K Microcenter $179
ASUS P8Z68-V LX $55 microcenter
Patriot 8GB S2 Viper Extreme 1866MHz DDR3 $49 after rebate microcenter
6970 2GB $173.99
Xigmatech S-1283 Dark Night $7 after rebate Newegg

About $480 after tax and already does 4.2 GHz on stock HSF, expecting 4.5 GHz after I install the Xigmatech tonight. Who says it's expensive to go high end?

I haven't spoken with Amazon once since I placed my order and I just received this email:

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

HIS Radeon HD 6970 2GB (256bit) GDDR5 Eyefinity 2x Mini-DisplayPort HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) PCI Express X16 2.1 Video Card Retail (RoHS) H697F2G2M

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've canceled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're sorry about this, and to make up for any inconvenience, we're including a $10 Amazon Gift Card code with this e-mail. You can apply this code to your next order at either Amazon.com. Just enter the code below on the checkout page.

I don't really see how you can claim something was a pricing mistake when you have already shipped out a few hundred of the cards. I guess they realized that they were going to lose money if they bought enough new cards to fill all the orders.

Just spoke to a nice supervisor for about 30 minutes. Even though he couldn't get me a replacement it seemed he tried pretty hard. We were talking about gaming computers and stuff. He was actually pretty friendly. He mentioned he can try to get a price adjustment to the Sapphire 6970 but he can only do $20 off. He let me get the $20 as a promo code for any purchases so it's not too bad. I still feel like i'm unlucky compared to some of you but then again I lost nothing but gained some amazon credit.

For us that did not get a replacement or the HIS, if amazon ever stocks these again there's a high chance we can get it.

Just got an email from Amazon saying it was a pricing mistake.
Within the same email. Still at least they offered a 10$ GC.

Hello,

We're contacting you about order #002-5673218-7252253. Unfortunately, we recently discovered that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

HIS Radeon HD 6970 2GB (256bit) GDDR5 Eyefinity 2x Mini-DisplayPort HDMI 2x DVI (HDCP) PCI Express X16 2.1 Video Card Retail (RoHS) H697F2G2M

In this case, we're unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we've canceled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We're sorry about this, and to make up for any inconvenience, we're including a $10 Amazon Gift Card code with this e-mail. You can apply this code to your next order at either Amazon.com. Just enter the code below on the checkout page

Claim code: WTF2-D1DUTNK-1TWDWRK

We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Call it in, chat was no use and the guy ("Sandeep") actually disconnected on me. I called it in got a nice lady that offered the sapphire card for the same price and I bit. I mentioned that there was a $20 mail in rebate and she couldn't take it off the price but added it as a promotional value to my amazon account. I live in Washington state so I had to pay $21 of tax for one but it still worth it :)

Canceled here as well. I wasn't expecting to get these. Oh well. I still have my 6950 unlocked to a 6970, so it's not like I really needed these. The $10 GC is nice.

Edit: Just used the $10gc on a H100. Came out to just under $93 shipped. Now I just need to find a case for it... :)

I don't really see how you can claim something was a pricing mistake when you have already shipped out a few hundred of the cards. I guess they realized that they were going to lose money if they bought enough new cards to fill all the orders.

The sense of entitlement is pretty bizarre in a lot of posts like these. You do realize that Amazon is running a private business, not a charity, and whatever they decide is their right, not yours.

Sadly i got the "your order was canceled", I was a little disappointed but not upset.

TBH it was nice enough of Amazon to give us a 10 dollar gift credit for basically doing nothing more than clicking a few buttons.

I think i'll buy a 256GB Crucial M4 instead, 10 bucks off though :)

I received an email stating that my card was shipped and it will arrive on Friday. I ordered it early. I first saw the deal around 8:40 PM on slickdeals when it was about 10 minutes old. Comments said it was already sold out, but by 8:50 PM I made the back order anyways.

Just got mine shipped, how does warranty work for this. I posted mine for sale for $300 shipped but is the warranty like lifetime / x2 lifetime/ 2y and will it make me register the card on the website also?

Just got mine shipped, how does warranty work for this. I posted mine for sale for $300 shipped but is the warranty like lifetime / x2 lifetime/ 2y and will it make me register the card on the website also?

/facepalm

maybe there's an app to answer that question.

Seriously, you have to go and rub it in our faces like that?

Classy.

HIS offers a 2 year warranty and you'll have to have the original purchase invoice.

These pricing errors always bring the wannabe e-hustlers out of the woodworks :eek:

Sadly the HIS has been onsale for $300 so hes not going to get many biters.

Mine came in today before work. Wish it wasn't HIS cuz their rma service sucks but hey it was cheap.

Hey does anyone know if these are reference design? Want to buy a waterblock because mine stays around 90c and 85c while playing bf3. =(

Hey does anyone know if these are reference design? Want to buy a waterblock because mine stays around 90c and 85c while playing bf3. =(
They seem to be the reference version 2. Majority of the WC brands make one. I think the Swiftech version fits both versions, you just need to buy the compatible VRM cooler so you can switch them out

It is reference, not sure which version.

DdLLt.jpg

These pricing errors always bring the wannabe e-hustlers out of the woodworks :eek:

Like its the morale high ground for those taking obvious advantage of a pricing mistake for themselves. If anything it may be more ethical for those selling the items, at least they admit what they are doing.

bleh. i saw this deal 5 minute after it was posted and didnt pull the trigger thiking they will just cancel all orders. :(

Back