Amazon.com: 40" TCL 1080p LCD HDTV $260

whats TCL? For the price it sounds great...but would it be a set that dies long before a comparable set would?

whats TCL? For the price it sounds great...but would it be a set that dies long before a comparable set would?

not sure but comes with a 2 year warranty and i figure if it doesnt break by then should be good to go. Sounds like some are saying its mostly likely a Samsung panel with RCA internal components. I would buy one if I didnt already have a 40" Samsung LED. 1 TV is all I need for my little apartment.

Bought one out of impulse. I was shopping for a 46-55" for my living room (also a small apartment) but for $260 FS, no tax? I'll take one for my bedroom and save up for that 55" newer model next year or grab one during the Super Bowl sales.

Bad brand, you won't get customer service, it's a roll of the dice both that you will get a set that turns on, and a set that lasts for a year. It's not a roll of the dice if you get customer service though: you won't. If you must buy a super low budget HDTV, buy something with reasonable base quality, like Vizio.

I've read that TCL is one of the top 3 brands in China. I don't know how much that actually means, but if they're required to include a 3-year warranty in China, I feel like the product should likely last at least that long.

I have the TCL 40" LED-backlit LCD TV and it uses a Samsung panel. Some of their other TVs state AUO or SEC as the panel supplier but I'm not really familiar with either of them.

Great deal, inexpensive enough where a $20 SquareTrade extended warranty wouldn't ruin the overall price.

20% off Squaretrade coupon.

Not sure how reliable they are but the previous model TCL sold like hot cakes.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bit, going to hang it in the garage and replace the 20+ year old tv I use out there.

I bit too. Impulse buy. Not expecting too much for $250. Just hope it doesn't totally suck. Saw from the reviews that it has a bug that makes it turn on by itself, but a recent firmware update fixed it. Google the model number to find the firmware download from the TCL USA website.

Mine arrived today (ordered yesterday) with the cheap 5-8 day shipping. Amazon is great.

Back