• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Amazing New 3D Without Glasses

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Want 3D on your TV but you hate the lame glasses? Well, this guy has an amazing solution that is guaranteed to revolutionize the industry. :D
 
Ouch....:eek: I think I still prefer 2D.... What is funny, is I bet that would actually work to some degree.:D
 
Repetitive stress injury!
If it was a tear jerker, you'd be shooting tears all over the place.
 
You gotta admit, that was pretty funny...

Quality material!!! I wonder physiologically how much of an impact it would have your eyelids to blink at 60Hz (whatever it was given it only works on 120Hz TVs) vs. 25 times a minute (human average).

I mean 60 x 60 is 3600 blinks a minute, vs. 25. Lols...

Damn. That's a big delta. :D
 
Yeah, that looks so much better than wearing a set of glasses.

As long as 3D is a flat image and visual tricks I will continue to pass.
 
Oh . . . my . . fn . . . god . . . I . . . can't . . . breathe . . . BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA.
 
* wipes tears from eyes * all the BS about this and that being bad for you that we'd normally face-palm to, this has to be bad for you in one way or another.

Can you imagine getting an eye-lid cramp from this?
 
Given the right amount of caffeine I think I could do it by myself.
 
You're laughing now, but just wait until there are ocular implants that not only give better than 20/20 vision - but also have the ability to power a micro polarizing shutter, UV protection, and dimming via induction power.

As long as you are sitting within several feet of an induction power source, you can charge your cellphone at distance, and see 3D without the glasses.

Although lenticular 3D is also promising (but still not quite there yet)
 
I laughed so hard my heart hurts.

Props out to this man, he is indeed a professional troll. We got trolled, fellas.
 
I was gonna ask that is there some image or something making use see his eyes blink or do they really blink that fast?

But i got my answer, that is great of course, wonder how hungry will you be after watching about 2 hour of a movie and how fast you want to go to sleep.
 
like OMg.... EYE CRAMPS??!?!??!

"OMGWTFBBQSAUCE real life is now 6D!!!!!"
 
I know alot of people here understand that it's a joke, but reading the Youtube comments not so much :D
 
wow.... after 5 mins of that I bet your eyelids are ready to spontaneously combust! :p
 
Wow,
That was pretty cool..........

That actually looks like a technology that could EASILY be applied to PC gaming........
What is the holdup????

I have no idea.....

The only big draw back is that it only works for one person at a time so the technology isn't good for consoles or movies. But still, it looks pretty awesome and it should be pretty easy to do.
 
I love how he says that this is going to be so much less bothersome than having glasses in front of your face.

Yep. Electrically stimulating my eyelids to blink a bajillion times per minute is a LOT less invasive than some glasses... Gotta admit, I watched it a second time with my whole family and we all busted out laughing at this. Thank you, Steve. Nice find!!!

I got WAY more mileage out of watching this than that light saber duel ...
 
Wow,
That was pretty cool..........

That actually looks like a technology that could EASILY be applied to PC gaming........
What is the holdup????

I imagine you can actually do this already... just bind mouse look to input from 3rd party head tracking software. There are probably simple ones that can be used with your webcam. That's essentially all that it is. All of this of course would only make sense in games that don't have fixed perspectives (like say torchlight) and would work best in FPS type games.

I actually worked with IR tracking in my undergraduate research and setting up my own software to do it would have been pretty easy in retrospect.
 
Back
Top