AM4 BCLK Overclocking

jmmahon1224

Weaksauce
Are there any B350s coming out with external clock chip to support BCLK overclock or are we just looking at the X370 boards?

As far as I know only Crosshair and taichi / Fatal1ty has on their X370...

Gigabyte's Gaming 7 does (not out yet), and I think Gaming 5 does as well but don't hold me to that.

We have 2 AORUS boards that will be entering the market real soon, in fact the Gaming K7 will already be in this week.

The AX370-Gaming K7 and K5 will have BLCK, while the earlier launch MB Gaming 5 does not.

The K7 will be priced higher than the 5 at MSRP $209.99 in the US, but the Gaming K5 will be priced lower than the launch board at MSRP $169.99.

We have 2 AORUS boards that will be entering the market real soon, in fact the Gaming K7 will already be in this week.

Do you know if the Gaming K7's in this week will all go to pre/back orders? Any chance of seeing places like Amazon or Newegg have inventory for new orders? Or will that take awhile?

Looks like the motherboard situation is getting better. I'm waiting for my Fatal1ty as well :D

The AX370-Gaming K7 and K5 will have BLCK, while the earlier launch MB Gaming 5 does not.

The K7 will be priced higher than the 5 at MSRP $209.99 in the US, but the Gaming K5 will be priced lower than the launch board at MSRP $169.99.

Do you think the QVL for memory may expand to include some DDR3000 marketed for Z170/Z270?

I bought a set of 32GB G.SKILL ready to go all in on an i7-7700K and decided to go Ryzen. Trying to determine if I should return now while i wait for Ryzen K5/K7 availability.

Last edited:
Do you think the QVL for memory may expand to include some DDR3000 marketed for Z170/Z270?

I bought a set of 32GB G.SKILL ready to go all in on an i7-7700K and changed my mind. Trying to determine if I should return now while i wait for K5/K7 availability.
i don't know the ddr4 buy is pretty safe both platforms and it should work on coffee lake. I would wait and see if intel is doing a socket change as the pattern is 2 gen per socket.

I bought a set of 32GB G.SKILL ready to go all in on an i7-7700K and decided to go Ryzen. Trying to determine if I should return now while i wait for Ryzen K5/K7 availability.

QVL for Ryzen will continue to expand and 3000Mhz is within AMD's memory limits so they will get validated as continue testing on more stable BIOS versions. AMD just released a new AGESA microcode so check to see if you have our latest bios on our support pages over at www.gigabyte.us

ANSZ : Why can't I buy your x370 motherboards anywhere? No stock!

Which model # has the external clockgen and where can I buy it?

ANSZ : Why can't I buy your x370 motherboards anywhere? No stock!

Which model # has the external clockgen and where can I buy it?

Gaming K7 & K5 will have the external clockgen. Stock will be replenished this week, we aim to have full stock by the end of this month.

Gaming K7 & K5 will have the external clockgen. Stock will be replenished this week, we aim to have full stock by the end of this month.

I am wondering what the differences will be between the Gaming K5 and Gaming K7 boards? I like the idea of the external clockgen on both, and really, maximum stable overclocking of the CPU and memory is my highest priority. I don't care if the board has 2 dozen USB ports or 2 M.2 slots. Maximum useable performance out of my Ryzen 7 1700 is my top priority.

I have decided on the Gigabyte K7 to replace my B350 board when/if it ever comes back into stock. I would like to get some overclock going with this chip but the cheap board I have just doesn't want anything to do with it. Even 100mhz over stock it fails to POST 2 out of 3 times.

I am wondering what the differences will be between the Gaming K5 and Gaming K7 boards? I like the idea of the external clockgen on both, and really, maximum stable overclocking of the CPU and memory is my highest priority. I don't care if the board has 2 dozen USB ports or 2 M.2 slots. Maximum useable performance out of my Ryzen 7 1700 is my top priority.

The K5 and K7 have a lot in difference. You are looking at very different PWM where the K7 and 5 have the same 6+4 IR power phase, but the K5 will have a 4+3 config (unsure on the exact brand/model).

ANSZ
Now that the supply chain is filling up with the K7, seems to be more available (with the exception of Amazon), will we see the Gigabyte engineers looking at the issues some users are seeing with the current BIOS and additions to allow the use of PStates? Is there a beta BIOS beyond F3b or is Engineering waiting on new AGESA code (1.0.0.4) from AMD? Current beta appears to contain 1.0.0.3.

Last edited:
Has anyone spotted the K5, is it sold anywhere yet? Nobody's responding on the gigabyte forums about it, or maybe they just forgot to get back to that thread....

Back