AM4 ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero Says Hi!

I never knew this existed, might be worth it for my next build! Wonder if it works on old games too? I have Meniere's Disease and am nearly deaf in my right ear now.. Can't play any game that relies on knowing where the enemies are by sound, since I no longer have stereo hearing!

It's only been about 8 years I've been dealing with it, and I'm not entire sure how it really would be of much help to people that can hear normally.. I remember playing games like Thief back in the day and with non-impaired hearing, it would actually just be a hindrance to have to look for visual cues along with everything else.

It should work with all titles, as it simply works by analyzing the channel balance of sound output and points an arrow in the direction of the sound. Not sure how it determines what sound is important and what isn't though.

I think as an assertive technology, this tech is awesome though. I just wonder if it can be abused by those who don't need it, or it really provides any advantage over hearing the sound.

I'm not poking fun, but genuinely curious. What do you do that requires so many USB connections.

I thought I used many, and I don't come close. Here's what I use:

Back of motherboard:
- Mouse
- Keyboard
- USB Microphone
- Internal Monitor USB hub (connected, but I never really use them)
- USB cable I sometimes use to connect my phone to charge or transfer files

Front headers:

Mostly empty, but sometimes plug in a USB stick or a wire to charge my fitbit.

The number of USB ports on that motherboard seem like a complete waste to me, that only adds cost.

TrackIR
HOTAS Stick + Throttle (2 ports)
Rudder Pedals
Webcam ? (i`m not using)
External HDD for backups

You can completely turn off all the rgb lighting, so that should not be a big deal. I have an Asus 970 Pro Aura and I can turn it off without issue. The only issue I have is that it will not remember the setting for the color I choose between reboots but, it will remain off if that is how I set it.

But you still have to pay for all the crap...I don't need LED's, plastic shrouds and other stuff that makes the inside of my case look like this:
garp.jpg

I am not 12 years old anymore, infact I think the average age of a gamer today is +30 years old.
(I myself is +40 years old)

I have 2 LED's active on/in my (windowsless) case:
- Power LED
- SATA LED (And considering unplugging this one since I went SSD's exclusively.)

TrackIR
HOTAS Stick + Throttle (2 ports)
Rudder Pedals
Webcam ? (i`m not using)
External HDD for backups

Track IR 5 comes with this plug, so it doesn't "really" take up a USB port:
track.jpg

Something other manufactors could learn from.

Track IR 5 comes with this plug, so it doesn't "really" take up a USB port:
View attachment 17300
Something other manufactors could learn from.

I did that that into account , i use that plug for the Track Clip Pro...

btw also add to the list VR solutions that take another 1-2 USB ( Vive / OR )

so there is never enough USB....

Back