AM3 785g ITX MoBo

amd_ftw

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 18, 2009
Messages
81
who here is wanting and waiting for an AM3 785g ITX mobo?

i know i am! :p

would be so sweet to run one on a picoPSU.

i'm also kinda bummed that AMD never followed through with their DTX and mini-DTX platforms...
 
You'll be waiting a long time for this. I only have contacts with Abit and Silverstone that might be able to help and so far I haven't heard anything (not that this means much).

There actually is a mini-dtx board out...for intel haha.Yeah, this form factor was actually very nice. SilverStone support mini-DTX with the SG05 and SG06 (and probably the next SUGO case ;) )

If this came out I'd get mini-itx right now...as it looks, not really worth it.
 
It's rumoured that J&W may be working on a 785G board, I found the below pic a few months back:

jw-minix785g4yzv.jpg
 
Yeah, this has been around for awhile and has not materialized. What a piece of crap though. Can't even get us some real DDR 3 DIMM slots? Just give us a powerful little board :)
 
I thought AMD is going to push for DTX format.

I hope there is price and feature competition between AMD's DTX and Intel's ITX.
 
DTX has two expansion slots, am I correct (sorry, cannot find much easily atm)?

ITX is VIA, not Intel.
 
@ Steeeeve... funny many case makers are already dtx compliant, no boards in the mainstream. that intel atom dtx board by ECS, it's mainly marketed outside of north america...

@ jeremy... yup 2 expansion slots, upcoming ones with pci express... upcoming for 2+ years that is.

the K8/K10's footprint is simply huge... that could be one reason... amd needs a new smaller socket or just pre-soldered for the SFF & embedded market. their old ass geode just wouldn't cut it.

all in all amd cpu's are kinda stuck in the mainstream value segment with thin profit margins across the board.
 
What i don't seem to get is how many users actually need that 5-10% performance increase from the best AMD to the best intel? Not even the hard gamers will notice much of a difference if any. However, the mobos out certainly favor intel
 
bragging rights. i remember when i moved from a 90nm 3400+ to an E6600, i was bragging, benching, extolling the virtues of Core2... :rolleyes:
 
I still have a 250nm F 500 K6 CPU. That is another sort of bragging :p
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Back
Top