AM2+ HSF recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALL4AMD

I Go to Court for Fun.
I have everything ready to order except the HSF. Since the Phenoms are running really Hot i was wondering what can cool this beast with an internal nuclear reactor. :p

I'm not interested in C2D recommendations so please respond to my question as I have asked it.

I recommend The Scythe-Infinity/Mugen Cooler, you can get it from the egg for about 40$ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185027 and it mounts super smoothly on my DFI-M2RS board, just two quick spring clips on the socket and done. Only downside is that it is super big and may not fit in your case or may block some RAM slots, on mine it is tall enough that it hangs over the ram slots, but they are still usable. I have it in a CM-690 case. Running a 5000+BE at 3.2Ghz load temps at 42C. idle at room temp 20-25C

I have a 9500 and I use an Thermalright IFX. It keeps my chip in the low 20's and no more than 35-36C maxed out. This is overclocked to my 2.7 mark.

i used a Zalman CNPS 9700 on my X2 4200+ at 2.8GHz, temps were good, but im not sure on numbers as i dont have the PC anymore, and i havent had it for ~6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back