Am I making a mistake by selling my 360 for a ps3?

Agent Orange 615

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm not trying to ignite a fanboy battle to the death here. My situation is basically that my xbox is chewing my games up. I absolutely love the system but after 3 repairs, its being a real problem. I know theres ways to remedy this, but my x box scratching games up until they're unusable...unacceptable. It's a big disappointment, but I'm also stubborn. I can't justify buying a new 360 just to be able to not have new games I buy get ruined by it. I also got very upset that when I read online that Microsofts reply to this was that it was very rare and a majority of users are having a great time. That aside, the last straw came when my 360 chewed up gta 4 after just 1 day. I'm selling my 360 now for a ps3.

Reasons being I can't deal with owning a console as a full-time job. I work 60 hours a week, have bills, hobbies, etc etc. I get a few hours a week if that to game a bit. I don't have time to troubleshoot everything. It's why I didn't get a gaming pc, I figured the 360 would be a way to enjoy the best of the gaming world without the hassle. Ok so the benefits of the ps3 im seeing is that it's stable. It will work for me all the time. I still have a ps2 from like years ago that still works flawlessly.

I also get access to metal gear solid, and final fantasy, as well as maybe a new god of war game. I also want to just be able to play gta4. Anyway, not to ignite arguments, but just some healthy discussions as to the pros and cons of the situation. Thanks.

Not to mention blue ray would be nice.

sounds like you answered your own question in the second half of your post. I've never heard of an xbox destroying games like that, although I'm the first to point out to people that 90% literally of the people who I know who own one have gone through the RROD process.

You might want to wait until June for the 80GB MGS bundle unless you're in a hurry. You mentioned MGS above after all. That's my only regret, although I have gotten pretty good use out of my PS3 since I've bought it.

The big thing to do is make a list of things you'll gain and lose, for example:
You'd gain:
Blu-Ray
Games installing to hard drive for faster loading
Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, etc...

You'd lose:
Xbox live (although I've never had an issue with PSN, I guarantee some people consider this a serious loss)
Halo 3, Gears of War, Forza, etc....

If you want a low-maintenance system, I'd sell the 360 and get the PS3. Although I still regret selling my 360 myself, it's because I didn't get anything to replace it. My next purchase will be a PS3 when it comes bundled as an 80GB with MGS4 in June.

I know the Xbox 360 failure rate is very high, but that is such a strange issue to have. I've never heard of anyone having discs destroyed by their console. I'm a 360 owner and if mine did that I'd most certainly jump ship and head over to Sony. There's still a chance I may get a PS 3 someday. I will mention I did have my Xbox 360 get the RROD, but my service time was very short and it worked flawlessly since then. Four Xboxs and another one fails by eating discs though... that's hard to swallow. You most certainly have answered your own question.

I know the Xbox 360 failure rate is very high, but that is such a strange issue to have. I've never heard of anyone having discs destroyed by their console. I'm a 360 owner and if mine did that I'd most certainly jump ship and head over to Sony. There's still a chance I may get a PS 3 someday. I will mention I did have my Xbox 360 get the RROD, but my service time was very short and it worked flawlessly since then. Four Xboxs and another one fails by eating discs though... that's hard to swallow. You most certainly have answered your own question.

it's not all that strange (maybe now), but do you remember this:

scratched%20xbox%20360%20whole%20pic.jpg

I remember this being a pretty major issue a year or so ago (especially around Gears release)

To the OP, I was going to get rid of mine too when I got my PS3, but soon realized that the market on used launch 360's are bare :(. Whatever you do though, make sure you take the time and hassle and make sure M$ fixes if before selling it to somebody the way it is.

This problem is non-existent with new machines (MS put the spacers into the drives that should have been there from day one).

I'd personally get both machines (and will be), but in your situation I don't blame you for being concerned that a new 360 would continue to damage your discs.

i never owned a console before, but i was debating buying one for a long time, when the blu ray/hd battle came to a end (for now) i finally went out and bought a PS3 and i love it, its a great console/media center add on, that was a month ago.

so, lastnight i went to futureshop to pick up some stuff, and come home with a 360 pro and gears of war. and it seems ok only had a chance to play around for a bit with last night, so with that said if the 360 or PS3 had to be repaired or fix more then twice then they would be sold or junked, its just unacceptable that a device would be failing like that that many times,

So i say buy the PS3 there are some great games coming any good stuff out now, the PSN/PS Store are very good imo i don't think you would regret buying one at all.

I wouldn't. I actually bought a new Elite to replace my launch Premium (which was on the RRoD treadmill of doom), and I already had a PS3 and Wii. Hardware reliability issues or not, there's no denying the 360 has the lion's share of the best games of this generation of all the consoles.

I own a 360 and borrowed my buddy's PS3 over Christmas to try it out. The game that I absolutely loved on the PS3 was Uncharted.

I own both and with the exception of XBL and 360 exclusives, the PS3 is the much better hardware value. Much quieter, cleaner interface, higher reliability, built in wifi, included rechargeable controllers, easily upgradable hdd, etc. That said, I have recently purchased an xbox and do not regret my decision because of both XBL and the exclusive titles as most of my friends are on XBL.

your making no mistake,i sold my xbox 360 elite for a ps3,havnt looked back since:)

I own both and with the exception of XBL and 360 exclusives, the PS3 is the much better hardware value. Much quieter, cleaner interface, higher reliability, built in wifi, included rechargeable controllers, easily upgradable hdd, etc. That said, I have recently purchased an xbox and do not regret my decision because of both XBL and the exclusive titles as most of my friends are on XBL.

I agree. I own both systems and the PS3 is hands down the better system. If you can only have one, I suggest the PS3. I don't think the 'no games' argument holds up anymore. There is a good size backlog now that will keep you busy until the exclusives hit this year. And since the multiplat games released since this last fall (COD4 onward) have been equal or better on the PS3, it really is the system to own.
Bur if you can have both, so much the better!

Well I'm considering selling this to someone I know who said they don't mind inherting the problem for 100$ and buying the core, he doesn't need my hd. I don't want another xbox but its looking like im going to get terrible value for my games and system. I wish I could make the swing up, but money is tight unfortunately. I'd rather pay 200$, get a new system and keep my like 8 games I have already.

If you get your PS3 make sure you rent or buy:
Uncharted
Ratchet & Clank
GT prologue
there's alot more but those stand out imo,above the rest.

Uncharted is without a doubt the best looking console game I've ever seen, good story, good gameplay, and very underated.
GT: p car models will also blow your mind.

I have all three consoles.

My fav in order

PS3/PSP
Wii

If you're only getting $100 bucks on it. Keep it - send it back to MS for repairs. Just keep both. The 360 is the better console for gaming with friends online

Im in the process of fixing this sucker myself. Screw you ms lol. If i fail I'm going to just buy a ps3.

Has MS reimbursed you for all the damaged games? If not, definitely take them to small claims court, you should get some payment for all the time you've wasted dealing with the issues also.

It seems like most (not all, but most) people that have BOTH a 360 and a PS3 like the PS3 better.

Can you get a PS3 for $299 yet? (The last console I got was a PS2, I used to be a console nut, but once I heard the games were going to be $59 I decided I don't want to support the console industry anymore, I thought the prices should go DOWN not up, as the quantity sold has gone up dramatically the cost per unit should decrease, as it would in any other segment of the electronics/computer industry).

Has MS reimbursed you for all the damaged games? If not, definitely take them to small claims court, you should get some payment for all the time you've wasted dealing with the issues also.

It seems like most (not all, but most) people that have BOTH a 360 and a PS3 like the PS3 better.

Can you get a PS3 for $299 yet? (The last console I got was a PS2, I used to be a console nut, but once I heard the games were going to be $59 I decided I don't want to support the console industry anymore, I thought the prices should go DOWN not up, as the quantity sold has gone up dramatically the cost per unit should decrease, as it would in any other segment of the electronics/computer industry).

Why did you think prices should go down? I feel they were due for a price increase, when I bought Phantasy star for the sega master system it was 69 bucks and that was like 20 years ago.

I think it's a good trade.

Hmm, I've got both a 360 and a PS3. I've had to replace both consoles once. The 360 (which I bought in Jan. 07) had a RRoD and the PS3 wouldn't read any of my discs.

I prefer the 360 because of Live, mostly. I just find the PS3 online experience anemic. All it seems to be is a virtually empty store, comparatively speaking.

I wouldn't. I actually bought a new Elite to replace my launch Premium (which was on the RRoD treadmill of doom), and I already had a PS3 and Wii. Hardware reliability issues or not, there's no denying the 360 has the lion's share of the best games of this generation of all the consoles.

I own a PS3 but I agree with this guy.

Most games that were PS3 exclusive, no longer are. Most games that are still exclusive, I have no interest in.

I have bought a 360 prior to returning it 2 weeks later and building a PC, that was 9-10 months ago. I then bought a PS3 about 5 months ago.

Everythying aside, X360 was better. Games looked better, Live was better, graphics were better. The only real upside of the PS3 is the Blu Ray and upconverting, My movies look top notch, and sound is awesome.

The biggest problem with PS3 is it's online capabilities, it's straight down awful. HOME was supposed to fix it, but it got delayed another year.

Chat: I wanted to talk to a buddy via Chat, ok sounds easy enough. We connect and the voice quality sucks compared to ventrilo, oh well. Ok, let's play a game. Guess what? You have to leave chat and then go ingame and hope that the game supports voice chat...

Resolution. My TV supports 1080i/720p, Well, games look better at 1080i and I prefer that resolution, yes I know about 1080i rendering. In order for me to run my games at 1080i I have to go to PS3's display options and completely disable 720p. Then the games that do not support 1080i would be rendered at 480p, total shit. I would have to go back and change it again....

Controller. To me, Xbox controller is better

These are minor issues, but unless you want to have a great dvd player, I would not take a PS3 over x360. I sitll regret it.

Like I was saying, my frustrations are with the xbox hardware and not so much the games or experience. So just to update you guys, and anyone else who is curious. I'm in the process of trying to fix the scratch disc problem, and it looks like I almost got it right. I took pics, and when I'm done I'll post a tutorial in my blog and link it here.

You know ever since i bought my PS3 at the begining of april, and i really started looking into the whole console crowd i never read that much about the differences, for me blu ray and quality are what tipped the scales for me, over the 360. and i don;'t regret it.

So one month later i am in the store to buy rockband for my PS3 and guess what i walk out with a 360 pro, two games, extra controler the whole nine yards,

why? total impulse buy, but what sparked it was the debates of the PS3 and 360 that have been going on here at the [H] and when i was standing at the store waiting for a store clerk, i saw GoW on the shelf for the 360 and Halo 3 now i started playing GoW on the PC but it was buggy and hard to play, and i really enjoyed playing it, and then i was looking at the PS3 game section and the 360 section and yes there is no contest, the 360 has way more titles,

So now that i own both and i have been playing on both, i can honestly say the PS3 is the better console, and some things that really make it clear for me, is that sony gives you everything you need to have a good console experince, rechargable controlers standard, 360 you have pay extra, True HD video/audio standard, 360 you have buy and HD drive and no true HD audio (to my knowledge) 40GB upgradable HDD, 360 20/120 and its $230 to upgrade from 20 to 120, everything about the 360 seems to be a money grab, in my opinion. i don't like that to exit out of game on the 360 you have eject the disk, PS3 just turn the game off. the 360 is very loud, and i can see why now they have so many drive failures, that thing never stops spinning at 500,000 RPM, PS3 installs games and is quite as a mouse, 360 runs way hotter, with long time use in well ventalated area,

but i don't regret buying the 360 and there are things i like about the 360 over the PS3. One is, it outputs all my games at 1080i the PS3 needs to have 720p turned off and hope it runs at 1080i and not 480p. i do like the feel of the 360 controlers over the PS3, i like the weight and feel, i do like XBL over the PSN but not by a lot but it does win. Game selection, you can't deny taht there are a lot of games for the 360, sure not all are A+ games but the selection is there.

anyways just a few thoughts on both consoles.

Mac[X-D];1032447371 said:
You know ever since i bought my PS3 at the begining of april, and i really started looking into the whole console crowd i never read that much about the differences, for me blu ray and quality are what tipped the scales for me, over the 360. and i don;'t regret it.

So one month later i am in the store to buy rockband for my PS3 and guess what i walk out with a 360 pro, two games, extra controler the whole nine yards,

why? total impulse buy, but what sparked it was the debates of the PS3 and 360 that have been going on here at the [H] and when i was standing at the store waiting for a store clerk, i saw GoW on the shelf for the 360 and Halo 3 now i started playing GoW on the PC but it was buggy and hard to play, and i really enjoyed playing it, and then i was looking at the PS3 game section and the 360 section and yes there is no contest, the 360 has way more titles,

So now that i own both and i have been playing on both, i can honestly say the PS3 is the better console, and some things that really make it clear for me, is that sony gives you everything you need to have a good console experince, rechargable controlers standard, 360 you have pay extra, True HD video/audio standard, 360 you have buy and HD drive and no true HD audio (to my knowledge) 40GB upgradable HDD, 360 20/120 and its $230 to upgrade from 20 to 120, everything about the 360 seems to be a money grab, in my opinion. i don't like that to exit out of game on the 360 you have eject the disk, PS3 just turn the game off. the 360 is very loud, and i can see why now they have so many drive failures, that thing never stops spinning at 500,000 RPM, PS3 installs games and is quite as a mouse, 360 runs way hotter, with long time use in well ventalated area,

but i don't regret buying the 360 and there are things i like about the 360 over the PS3. One is, it outputs all my games at 1080i the PS3 needs to have 720p turned off and hope it runs at 1080i and not 480p. i do like the feel of the 360 controlers over the PS3, i like the weight and feel, i do like XBL over the PSN but not by a lot but it does win. Game selection, you can't deny taht there are a lot of games for the 360, sure not all are A+ games but the selection is there.

I pretty much agree with all of this and I recently purchased an elite to go along with my PS3. The built in wifi is an extra $100 from MS and adding a rechargeable battery and cord is $30. Plus, it's $50 more than the 40GB PS3 whose hdd I upgraded to 250GB for $110 ($70 for 120GB). MS trying to charge arcade/pro users $150 for a 120GB harddrive is pretty damn shady too. The PS3 doesn't come with an hdmi cable but that was $6 from monoprice. MS does nickle and dime you quite a bit more.

everything about the 360 seems to be a money grab

To me this sums up Microsoft's business model as a whole and has been for a while, not just the 360. That's why I don't understand why more people don't see this. However, I do believe the PS3 was pricey when it first came out.

I don't see how people can like the xbox controller GAWD do I hate it, I guess the years and years of the boomerang controller has warped my hands to ware all other controllers feel out of place.

Yea, it looks like I has success in fixing my scratch problem with the aid of a few mini rubber things for cabinets I got at the hardware store. I put them on the top of the dvd drive enclosure. I think I got it spot on. If i move the xbox around a lot it will scratch but slamming the table, rocking a bass near it, doing everything possible isn't making it skip a beat.

If anyone wants help with their disc scratching issues, PM me, I have pics and I can help you through it.

Aside from that, I haven't built a computer or fixed anything in years. I use a mac for work, and it was kinda fun to be cracking things open again lol. Even though I'm strapped for time its all I thought about at work. But still ridiculous I need to do this just to play games on a CONSOLE!

It turns out my roomate is going to buy a PS3 next week with his rebate check, so if anything I'm going to use his. I'll let you guys know on this thread in a few weeks how I felt about it. I figure even if the disc keeps acting up I'll just use the xbox for music and movies.

Thanks for making this an interesting thread so far without crapping on people. Theres a reason I've been a member here over 7 years, and still come back for questions now and then.

The Xbox exclusives are usually better on the whole than PS3 exclusives. I thought Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War (at the time), and Saints Row were better than the few PS3 exclusives I played. However, the most popular games (except for Halo) are cross-platform franchises. Yes, you will likely lose something by going to the PS3, but it's not all that much, and there is plenty to keep you busy on the PS3.

With that said, for anything other than gaming, the PS3 wins by a landslide. My music collection is over 20,000 songs. The Xbox's media center software sort of breaks when trying to load it, while the PS3 does it seamlessly. DVD playback on the PS3 is much better and can be run over HDMI; my old 360 premium has to have VGA to upconvert.

That's not even mentioning the all the "upgrades" that you must buy just to be on even footing with what comes with the PS3.

The Xbox exclusives are usually better on the whole than PS3 exclusives. I thought Lost Odyssey, Eternal Sonata, Gears of War (at the time), and Saints Row were better than the few PS3 exclusives I played. However, the most popular games (except for Halo) are cross-platform franchises. Yes, you will likely lose something by going to the PS3, but it's not all that much, and there is plenty to keep you busy on the PS3.

With that said, for anything other than gaming, the PS3 wins by a landslide. My music collection is over 20,000 songs. The Xbox's media center software sort of breaks when trying to load it, while the PS3 does it seamlessly. DVD playback on the PS3 is much better and can be run over HDMI; my old 360 premium has to have VGA to upconvert.

That's not even mentioning the all the "upgrades" that you must buy just to be on even footing with what comes with the PS3.

PS3 is great, but they did lose a ton of sales at release; due to it being so expensive. I remember the fuss over it's 8 cell processor and always on feature. Always on was scrapped I think and 8 cell processor is not proving to be so useful, plus video card is tad inferior to the Xbox. I think that PS3 could have been too good to be true, but the fact that development for PS3's unique language did not take of, it kind of failed it.

All in all, as I mentioned above, there are things that I do not like about PS3, and the fact that most games are ported from 360 kills it sometimes, but it is a great system. When I had an xbox I never even used it for anything but gaming, the DVD playback was inferior to my Sony DVD player. When I got my PS3, Sony DVD player retired, and I have not looked back since.

I personally own both and I wouldn't trade the 360 for the PS3 if I had to choose one, but hands down the PS3 is the superior piece of hardware in terms of operating quietly and without issue. There are really only about three Sony exclusives I crave, with God of War and Final Fantasy being the big two, depending on what direction they go with FF13 that one may go out the window.

Ratchet, the GT series, and MGS don't really do it for me, although MGS is starting to pique my interest based on what I'm reading lately, and I didn't feel like messing with Uncharted. Resistance did not keep my interest.

The lions share of my friends (read: all but two) own 360's, and the user interface while slicker on Sony's machine will send a casual user into fits unless you have everything set to Auto-play upon loading the disc (I don't, drives my wife nuts with having to navigate the XMB to watch Blu-Ray discs)

With no distinction between games like GRAW, RB6:Vegas, Rock Band, the Guitar Hero series and most other recent multiplatform titles, having all those buddies to play with makes all the difference to me. I don't really rock a lot of single player stuff lately. Community wise the 360 makes it easier to gather all my friends up and play GTA4, or CoD, or Gears, or Halo...etc. You get the picture.

PS3 is technologically superior, but just doesn't cut it in terms of gaming for me. Also, hate the dual shock design. Always have.

I realize this is the wrong place to post this, but I posted this once in the trade section and got no replies, so I'll take my chances here :p

If anybody wants to trade their PS3 (not interested in 20gb version, though) for my Premium 360 with a few crappy games and GTA 4, send me a PM!

The PS3 appeals to me because it's: 1)quieter 2) supposedly more reliable 3) i have an interest in upcoming exclusives (socom, MGS, Gran Turismo...) 4) I don't like paying for online service (this one isn't huge, but whatever) 5) (this one is a big one for me) the Ps3 controller >>> 360 controller.

The only reason i bought the 360 to begin with is because i got it for 255 (amazon deal + 2 free games that got ebayed) + 49 for a HD at Toys R us = grand total of ~250 after ebay fees and such. That's $150 cheaper than a ps3! But anyway, i've pretty much played all the 360 exclusives that I care to play (and it doesn't help the 360's case whenever most games get ported/released to PC), and now i'm ready to move onto something else.

O yeah, as a huge baseball fan, it irks me a bit that there are no proper MLB games for the 360. PS3 has The Show, and frankly, that's another selling point for me.

To not sound too much like a wannabe sony fanboy: the 360 has given me absolutely no problems (except for its annoying noise), and really is a great console for those interested in Halo 3 (but i'm not) and gears of War. I can also see how some would like the online experience and the controller. But again, these things aren't really "for me."

Now, if only that MGS4 bundle would get released...

1. no true HD audio (to my knowledge)
2. i don't like that to exit out of game on the 360 you have eject the disk,
3. PS3 installs games and is quite as a mous

Three points your wrong on.

1. The 360 has true HD audio. You only need to use optical toslink or HDMI. The optical plugs into the back of the video output cable. Lots of people miss the output, but it's in the manual and plenty of pics online. The newer consoles have HDMI and obviously that's 5.1 sound. 360 outputs Dolby Digital and DTS sound.

2. You don't -- you only need push the 360 button on the controller and then push Y. That'll exit a game.

3. Are you kidding? The PS3 game install takes 10-15 minutes sometime. The worst being Eye of judgement, which took about 4 hours to install and update on my PS3 just a few days ago. My friend had the same exp when he bought it. Imagine our disappointment when he came over to play the game with me. We opened it up and popped it in and it was downloading and installing for 4 hours. We gave up after about 3 and checked the next morning. Nevermind that with the PS3 when it's installing a game or updating a game and it's taking for ever you can't do anything else with the console. The 360 doesn't even install games --- so there's no delay. All 360 updates for the system itself take about 2 minutes. For the PS3 they are about an hour on my time-warner lite cable (768KB/s)

Also note: You complained of being charged for hard-drives.
- If you bought the arcade version (which I'm assuming you did) then yes you need to buy a hard-drive that's the only model you need a hard-drive for. Microsoft is giving you the option of buying the cheaper console to get customer's in the door. Apparently it works as it seems to be what you bought. You knew what you were buying with it and so you can't complain about not getting a hard-drive. That's like buying a new car and buying the SE version that has no power locks or power windows and saying I really like the car, but I expected they'd have power locks and power windows, and it costs me another 1000 to put those in. Yes it costs more, but when you buy the cheaper version you must understand that's the reason it was cheaper in the first place.

if you plan on getting GTA IV get a 360. I have both version and im lucky if i get even get the game to load on the ps3. I dont have to worry about the game locking up while playing because i can rarely get it to load so i has the opportunity to lock up.

1. The 360 has true HD audio. You only need to use optical toslink or HDMI. The optical plugs into the back of the video output cable. Lots of people miss the output, but it's in the manual and plenty of pics online. The newer consoles have HDMI and obviously that's 5.1 sound. 360 outputs Dolby Digital and DTS sound.

That's not HD audio at all. DTS-HD and Dolby Digital HD are HD audio.

OMG dude you are funny first thing in the morning, let me first clear up a couple things, i am not complaining as you put it, all i am doing is pointing out the things i like and dislike about BOTH systems, now that i own both systems. but lets go through your post.

Three points your wrong on.

1) like i said TO MY KNOWLEDGE the 360 can not out put TRUE HD Audio, Yes it can do Dolby 5.1 and DTS but that doesn't mean its TRUE HD audio, i have looked around and even with the HD add-on drive it still can't output TRUE HD audio. I am using HDMI FYI

2. You don't -- you only need push the 360 button on the controller and then push Y. That'll exit a game.

2)Thank you i did not know that.

3. Are you kidding? The PS3 game install takes 10-15 minutes sometime. The worst being Eye of judgement, which took about 4 hours to install and update on my PS3 just a few days ago. My friend had the same exp when he bought it. Imagine our disappointment when he came over to play the game with me. We opened it up and popped it in and it was downloading and installing for 4 hours. We gave up after about 3 and checked the next morning. Nevermind that with the PS3 when it's installing a game or updating a game and it's taking for ever you can't do anything else with the console. The 360 doesn't even install games --- so there's no delay. All 360 updates for the system itself take about 2 minutes. For the PS3 they are about an hour on my time-warner lite cable (768KB/s)

3)well ok i can't argue that i don't own the game so i have no idea, but i have yet to have that experince with my PS3, its great that the 360 just needs the disk in and away you go, but that rom NEVER stops spinning, and if you play for long periods of time then its going to die,( ie. Rockband, GH3 Anything online) it also makes the unit loud, this isn't shit i am making up ask anyone that owns a 360, so yes i find the PS3 quiter to play because they install games, why do you think PC games install, because we as gamers would go mental if we had to listen to our roms going at 500,00 rpm for hours.

Also note: You complained of being charged for hard-drives.
- If you bought the arcade version (which I'm assuming you did) then yes you need to buy a hard-drive that's the only model you need a hard-drive for. Microsoft is giving you the option of buying the cheaper console to get customer's in the door. Apparently it works as it seems to be what you bought. You knew what you were buying with it and so you can't complain about not getting a hard-drive. That's like buying a new car and buying the SE version that has no power locks or power windows and saying I really like the car, but I expected they'd have power locks and power windows, and it costs me another 1000 to put those in. Yes it costs more, but when you buy the cheaper version you must understand that's the reason it was cheaper in the first place.

4) Once again i am not complaining i don't regret my 360, i am just giving my honest input now that i own both systems, Now its this part of your post that bugged me the most, because you made a classic mistake, ASSUMED you new me and who i was and what i think, so let me clear things up.

i just turned 37, and have been gaming along time, up untill one month ago, i was a 100% complete die hard PC gamer, but as i have gotten older i didn't have time or the drive to keep up with rebuilding my pc every 1-2 years, so i made the decsion to buy a console finally, and i research for almost a year on which way to go, and in the final month i came here to the [H] and asked for input and it reafirmed my decsion to buy a PS3 first.

one month after buying my PS3. a complete impulse buy i buy a 360 PRO (ie 20GB not a arcade as you ASSUMED i did) i don't and didn't need the 120, because i was able to put a 160GB drive in my PS3 for well under $100, but IF i wanted the same from my 360 i couldn't the most is 120, at a price of 230 without tax., but i don't need that much space i have my PS3, i knew exactlu what i was buying and i was and still am completely educated as i can be on both subjects (that does not mean i know everything) i can always learn.

So i hope that clears things up, i have no buyers remorse, (YET) i was just pointing out the differences as i see them.]/quote]

Back