• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Alternative to burning CD/DVDs?

I use nero on pretty much every non iso burn on windows. On linux mostly k3b. Are you using name brand media like Memorex, TDK, Verbatim, Sony?

Same here, as well as a handful of the other popular burning apps. The only coasters I've ever had in my life were from a small batch of generic CDRWs from over 10 years ago. Since then I stuck to Name Brand and every disc I've tried has been golden. Not sure what's going on when I see a lot of people always toasting discs. Though I probably don't burn stuff nearly as much as many people do, since I've always mainly used external hard drives for BU. One thing though is I always burn at a rate no more than 50-75% of the discs rated speed. That might have something to do with it.
 
Name brand as well here, using Nero for years and now IMGBurn.

i would say if you had issues on all systems then either he brand of disks are cheap, which i have had back in the day when you could buy 100 CDr spindles for $10 and they were no name brand i had i would say easily over %50 failure on burns, i tossed most of them.
 
Back
Top