Allendale

khuyakuya

Limp Gawd
I've seen quite a few people on these forums call the low end Core 2 Duo parts "Allendale", when in fact this is greatly incorrect. Allendale is a code name for something else from Intel and it isn't even known at this time if Allendale is even the codename for an upcoming cpu.

Are you smoking so cheap sh*t :rolleyes: Even in CPUz says "allendale" All 2mb cache C2D's are allendales.

Actually, Intel has confirmed: Allendale is a different chip altogether :) the E4300 will be the first Allendale to be released.

Quoted from TechReport:

You'll find plenty of sources that will tell you the code name for these 2 MB Core 2 Duo processors is "Allendale," but Intel says otherwise. These CPUs are still code-named "Conroe," which makes sense since they're the same physical chips with half of their L2 cache disabled. Intel may well be cooking up a chip code-named Allendale with 2 MB of L2 cache natively, but this is not that chip.

...or so the story goes...:)

-Ashley

got it for 90 bux canadian @ NCIX...so about 75 US (mega sale)...I think the price is up to about 125 canadian on it now though...gonna be honest, I was really skeptical, and planned on getting a better one as prices settled...but I was pleasantly surprised, and have decided to stick with this one!

-Ashley

Internally EVERYBODY referred to the 2mb L2 "Conroes" as allendale. That was the name used when people talked about it so naturally it gets out. At some point Intel decided not to use that codename so they shitcanned it.... but they didn't really do a good job of getting that message out to people. I still hear people refer to them at work as Allendales. So nobody here is really wrong. Oh well... LOL

newls1 said:
Are you smoking so cheap sh*t :rolleyes: Even in CPUz says "allendale" All 2mb cache C2D's are allendales.
Since I was incorrect, Im sorry for posting what I posted :(

newls1 said:
Since I was incorrect, Im sorry for posting what I posted :(
No need to appologize, I actually was smokin cheap shit, I can't afford the high grade stuff anymore. lol anyway its all good dude.

Cool, actually the POST that I used to make that up with made my HardOCP status go to 2H4U! So what ever that means, I think im proud of it :p

newls1 said:
Cool, actually the POST that I used to make that up with made my HardOCP status go to 2H4U! So what ever that means, I think im proud of it :p

And you should be! Congratulations!

Yeah, technically the 2 MB C2Ds are Conroes also, but who really cares.

I got used to calling mine an Allendale too.

I've been getting seriously tired of telling people the E6300 and E6400 are Conroes. I've gotten in numerous flamewars (including at least one here) regarding it.

It's so nice to be right.

Russell said:
I've been getting seriously tired of telling people the E6300 and E6400 are Conroes. I've gotten in numerous flamewars (including at least one here) regarding it.

exactly. i mean its the equivalent of calling AMD Venice's, San Diego's.

Russell said:

Tell 'em you can magically re-enable the extra 2 MB of cache on the 6300/6400. ;)

Back