Alleged Hacker Ryan Cleary Out on Bail

HardOCP News

[H] News
What a difference a week makes. This guy goes from being a LulzSec "133t H4x0r" one week to "can't leave the house without mommy" the next. Heh, the "lulz" are on you dude. :D

Judge Nicholas Loraine-Smith granted Cleary bail today but imposed some limitations on the 19-year-old. According to the U.K.'s Mirror, Cleary has a 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time curfew. He has also been electronically tagged and will not be allowed to leave his home without the company of at least one of his parents. Cleary is also not allowed to access the Internet or have any products allowing him to go online.

awwwww, does little haxx0r Cleary need his mommy and baba???

Cleary is also not allowed to access the Internet or have any products allowing him to go online.

Now that is just cruel and unusual punishment.

I would go stir crazy in a couple of hours.

Zarathustra[H];1037440217 said:

Agreed. Makes me feel kinda bad for him.

Would not know unless you can find a profile that hasn't been active for the last week and a bit. He won't be on here for a while if he is anyway.

He has asperger's and agoraphobia (He lives a horrible life, but luckily does not know how bad he's got it for lack of comparison experiences.). He ran an irc chat room. It was foolish of him to supposedly direct a botnet to attack those sites, but I'm not sure if he did, or how much of a part he had in these attacks. I hope he doesn't commit suicide.

lulz ;)

sucks to be him. Hopefully he learns something from all of this if he was infact just an IRC admin (Which I doubt)

I wonder if computers will no internet access count? Is it just devices that are connected to the internet? Or is it anything that CAN connect to the internet. If the latter is true, i would go crazy nuts.

lulz ;)

sucks to be him. Hopefully he learns something from all of this if he was infact just an IRC admin (Which I doubt)

What precisely is he supposed to learn if he was infact only an IRC admin?

Sorry but idiotic statements like that really irk me. Especially as I have a number of websites and voice servers that I loan to various groups. I don't know or care what they do and I don't believe I should have too. This case sets a very dangerous precedent for abuse if it is not handled extremely carefully.

oO if he were, what would he learn from this? IRC is bad?:confused:

What precisely is he supposed to learn if he was infact only an IRC admin?

ummm, I don't know... how about NOT letting people, who are hacking various corporate and government sites/servers, use my box/channel to plan their dirty work?

He screwed up... Now he's dealing with the consequences.

Zarathustra[H];1037440217 said:

It's not so bad I had to do it for 1yr while on probation...no devices accessible to the web. Was nice to get some fresh air and write a "snail mail" letter.

Truly a great freedom fighter of our generation, equivalent to our forefathers. Or at least that's what people tell me.

ummm, I don't know... how about NOT letting people, who are hacking various corporate and government sites/servers, use my box/channel to plan their dirty work?

damn, no edit:

not to mention, launching DDoS attacks.

Blah blah blah. All I ever hear is "setting a dangerous" precedent or whatever other precedent. Seriously stop thinking so extreme for once okay? Okay.

Truly a great freedom fighter of our generation, equivalent to our forefathers. Or at least that's what people tell me.

It's this generations "tinkerer". If the web were setup correctly most of these stupid trivial things like DDoS attacks would be easily thwarted. Such a backwards way of doing things.

So hosting a location for people to discuss things is not something people should do. Imagine is [H]ardOCP had various posts on that... hell just one. Does that mean steve and them should go to jail?:eek:

So hosting a location for people to discuss things is not something people should do. Imagine is [H]ardOCP had various posts on that... hell just one. Does that mean steve and them should go to jail?:eek:

if they're discussing and planning illegal activities, then yes ;)

It's called being an accessory to a crime... look it up.

This makes me wonder if IRC is covered at all by the Communications Decency Act that most forums and blogs use to protect themselves. I tend to doubt it is but would like to find out.

Information is free, it's the people that take the knowledge and do bad things were talking about. Just because I have a step by step guide on how to make a working rail gun doesn't mean you should build it.

This is why owners of restaurants almost always go to jail all the time any time anything illegal is discussed in their establishments.

(-THIS IS SARCASM-)

"Cleary is also not allowed to access the Internet or have any products allowing him to go online."

Yessssss, Mitnick'd!

So by your logic you likewise support ISP's being held accountable for the file sharers. Because many IRC channels, Voice servers and webspace are handled Exactly the same. It gets loaned/leased to various groups without concern for what they are doing. We are businesses in business of advertising for more business. Some of that advertisement comes in the form of letting groups use your stuff for free to net referrals. It does not come with a babysitting clause that we should be responsible for what goes on.

Seriously...ill informed garbage.

The fact he knew what they were doing In his channel and allowed it to happen makes him an accessory to the crime. Forums/blogs will close/lock it before it goes to far where he let them do w.e in their IRC without any repetition. He gets what he deserves.

Being an IRC operator does not = Hacker

The authorities simply wanted to sensationalize and overexaggerate his importance because LulzSec doesn't have a clearly defined hierarchy and they have no idea who the kingpin is, so they trot out this poor fellow and blow him up bigger than Tony Montana, Tony Soprano, and Al Capone all rolled up together along with some Kevin Mitnick.

Wait, don't let him out on bail...get an axe...

army_of_darkness_witch.jpg

He has asperger's and agoraphobia (He lives a horrible life, but luckily does not know how bad he's got it for lack of comparison experiences.). He ran an irc chat room. It was foolish of him to supposedly direct a botnet to attack those sites, but I'm not sure if he did, or how much of a part he had in these attacks. I hope he doesn't commit suicide.

For my part, I hope he doesn't either, and I sincerely hope he does not seek to use his medical conditions as justification for his actions. I hope he learns from this experience and does not repeat it in the future.

Back