Alleged AMD Ryzen 2 Leak Reveals 12-Core Ryzen 7 2800X with 5.1GHz Boost

They also forgot the 5.5Ghz TR chips ;)

Fake-AMD-Ryzen-2-and-Threadripper-slides-3-740x415.jpg

Fake-AMD-Ryzen-2-and-Threadripper-slides-1-740x419.jpg

ROFL, so much disappointment i see in this thread in the future. If we get 4.5 out of Ryzen 2 we can count ourselves lucky.

But a fuck it, yeah this is awesome, can't wait, die intel die, etc. /s

holy shit.

4.6ghz base 12 cores?

just less than two years ago i went with a 5930k because it had a 6 core and i got it for $350 which was amazing.

Things really sped up fast.
Same here with the 5930k.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Same here with the 5930k.
Dang when and where did you guys get your processors? I bought my 5820K and it was $338 about 4 months after release....only real difference was the amount of lanes offered. I never found it for less than $500.

I hope AMD can keep up this healthy competition. Intel has had it easy for far too long. Might conciser a Ryzen for my next rig, only problem will be if I can install ESXi on it.

My last AMD CPU was an XP1800+

I've heard nothing but horror stories from my local computer supplier about getting Ryzen systems to work. I usually trust these guys and they have a pretty stellar reputation in western Canada, any truth to this?

On topic, this seems kinda like fud. I hope they do have this, but I also think that AMD learned a valuable lesson when nVidia just Mario'd them like a basic Goomba with the 980ti. They have to know their budget doesn't give them the punch or sustain like nVidia and Intel, which means they have to play smart and in the margins.

I've heard nothing but horror stories from my local computer supplier about getting Ryzen systems to work.

I did one in April and one last week. No issues with either.
The only ones I heard people had big issues was the immediate builds in March.

Well the only people it will affect is going to be us, the 2% building highend systems. Regular consumers will still scrape up the 2-4 and 6 core setups.

As for me when the Zen chip laptops drop I'm going to do some benchmarks and make recommendations accordingly.

Haven't got any in store yet.

I've heard nothing but horror stories from my local computer supplier about getting Ryzen systems to work. I usually trust these guys and they have a pretty stellar reputation in western Canada, any truth to this?

On topic, this seems kinda like fud. I hope they do have this, but I also think that AMD learned a valuable lesson when nVidia just Mario'd them like a basic Goomba with the 980ti. They have to know their budget doesn't give them the punch or sustain like nVidia and Intel, which means they have to play smart and in the margins.

Quite the opposite from me. I work with a technology retail chain as a technician and we love Ryzen. Many of the staff (including myself) have switched over to Ryzen setups.

Ever since the major AGESA Microcode updates, it's been pretty smooth sailing overall. If you grab memory that has a good track record, you're all set.

Dang when and where did you guys get your processors? I bought my 5820K and it was $338 about 4 months after release....only real difference was the amount of lanes offered. I never found it for less than $500.
  • 1 at $601.99 EACH
  • $601.99
  • 25% off any one regular-priced item.
  • -$150.50
  • PriceMatchDiscount
  • -$102.00
  • $349.49
staples had 25% off anything in early 2016 and the live chat dude price matched microcenter

I tried something similar in 2017 and they completely fucked my order to be more expensive than amazon/newegg, so theres that.

Here tbh

Ever since the major AGESA Microcode updates, it's been pretty smooth sailing overall. If you grab memory that has a good track record, you're all set.
The Ryzen system i built for a friend hit good mem speeds for me tbh. 3200mhz was decent, far better than my cpus ram which can not go further than 2800mhz iirc

• 1 at $601.99 EACH
  • $601.99
  • 25% off any one regular-priced item.
  • -$150.50
  • PriceMatchDiscount
  • -$102.00
  • $349.49
staples had 25% off anything in early 2016 and the live chat dude price matched microcenter

I tried something similar in 2017 and they completely fucked my order to be more expensive than amazon/newegg, so theres that.
Ahhh gotcha....you did it right! lol I wasn't that smart i just grabbed the 5820K i don't use SLI so the extra lanes wasn't really necessary. That's a great deal though!

Back