All-Pro 2K8 vs Madden 08 vs NCAA Football 08 what's your pick?

Commander0Zero

Limp Gawd
Really excited that 2K is back in the football game so to speak with All-Pro 2K8. It has a very interesting premise with the old school players( who wants to bet we'll be sold player packs on XBL in less than 4 months). NCAA is different because of the college game so that adds a different flavor. And then you have the granddaddy of them all Madden which I hope finally adds a real next gen flavor this year. Question is which one(s) are you picking up, on what system and your, thought process behind it?Great to be a football gamer this time of year!!!

All Pro 2k8 for me. I have to go with the gameplay of the 2k series over Madden. In fact, I have taken a hiatus since NFL2k5 and I have gone the underground route of getting 2k updates so my NFL2K5 was actually "Nfl2k7," with roster updates and gameplay tweaks from the community. All Pro 2k8 just might force me to get a new system.

I may pick up All-Pro. I haven't bought football games since their $20 ESPN title, before that I've got 4 Sega 2k titles on the Dreamcast(between football and basketball).

I'm actually tempted to get all 3..... Love the college gameplay style. would love to play with the old school players... and all my friends love madden... but I probably need to narrow that list a little more I want to really get into my football game this year. Online leagues my be the major selling point to me. I would probably go with the one who is strongest in that.

All-Pro for sure, maybe Madden as well but it's hard to say.

NCAA all-day, getting it for 360, I like it a little better than madden and I've never really saw the draw of the 2k football games, the overall presentation was better, but game mechanics wise they always felt a few steps behind Madden/NCAA in my eyes.

I really wanted to like the all pro series, I don't know if I'll be able to put up w/ generic teams in a straight up football game. I'd rather have generic players than generic teams...

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting All Pro Football 2K8. I like the idea of playing with NFL Legends, and the stuff they have ready for online play and leagues sounds pretty awesome. I too haven't bought a football game since 2K5, but I have played the recent Maddens. I prefer the 2K gameplay better though... that's just me.

I've never been a big fan of the NCAA Football games. The recent demo on the Live Marketplace sucked (in my opinion), and although its only a demo, it failed to get me excited for the full version, which I wasn't interested in to begin with. Basically, it did nothing to help convince me I should buy it.

So anyway, APF 2K8.

I'll be picking up Ap2k8 here as well.

Dan Marino and Rice will be my two gold picks I think, or I might try walter payton and a silver WR.

See for me AP2K8 provides the intrigue of the legends but I am curious of how the fill in players will be rated will they be as good some of the legends and how will this work in the online league format? Is there a franchise feature in AP2K8 like Madden?Madden just needs to step up the formula and not be just another roster update. Like I said before how each play on XBL might be my deciding factor. I loved NCAA 2004 on PS2 for the whole dynasty mode thing and finally bringing NC State the National title they deserve. :D So NCAA is in the running. any early reviews for AP2K8 or NCAA out there?

All Pro 2k8 vs Roster upgrade 08 vs. Different Numbers 08

I may go with all pro/different numbers

See for me AP2K8 provides the intrigue of the legends but I am curious of how the fill in players will be rated will they be as good some of the legends and how will this work in the online league format? Is there a franchise feature in AP2K8 like Madden?Madden just needs to step up the formula and not be just another roster update. Like I said before how each play on XBL might be my deciding factor. I loved NCAA 2004 on PS2 for the whole dynasty mode thing and finally bringing NC State the National title they deserve. :D So NCAA is in the running. any early reviews for AP2K8 or NCAA out there?

Demo of NCAA 08 is up on the marketplace, give it a download and see what you think. I haven't tried it out yet myself. All Pro isn't out until this Tuesday, so you'll probably have to wait until then for reviews. Hopefully the demo will be available then as well.

Madden 08 and NCAA 08 for me. Gotta represent for Vince Young with Madden and I can't wait for college football season. Hook 'em Horns!

All-Pro. EA can buy out NFL rights all they want, their game is still crap.

Since alot of 2k football fans are here, I've always wanted to know what (gameplay wise) made the nfl2k series so much better than madden/ncaa?

Since alot of 2k football fans are here, I've always wanted to know what (gameplay wise) made the nfl2k series so much better than madden/ncaa?

Actually me too.... I played some on the PS2 but have mostly been a madden guy although I'm seriously considering AP2K8

I want to play ALL Pro 2k8. I really like 2k's game play ever since the Dreamcast days. I am not intrested in College, and it seems like EA thinks they can haft ass every version now and charge us 60$ for "Next Gen Graphics" with little or no new features. I like All Pro's idea and online should be very fun.

Hard to pin it on just one thing. I know when I started playing it was mainly for the graphics, since 2k and 2k1 on the Dreamcast were ahead of everything else at the time. Based on that I just got used to the style of game, the players were responsive, the action was a little faster and so on. Maximum passing where you could direct the ball with the analogue stick really made the passing game stand out, but I think Madden added something similar later on.

If you would have asked me this two years ago when I had just finished with 2k5 and had to give Madden 06 a try the list would be longer. All I remember is that the controls felt less responsive and the punting game was horrible, guys wouldn't block for me until I had the ball. The actually stood there looking at me as the gunners ran past to get a free shot to cause a fumble, making a fair catch the only option. Also the presentation of 2K5 was great, they used the ESPN license well and I didn't feel I was getting a similar package with Madden 06.

EA's football games may not have changed a whole lot in a few years but they're still better than anything else that has ever came out. Bashing EA is just a fad imho.

EA's football games may not have changed a whole lot in a few years but they're still better than anything else that has ever came out. Bashing EA is just a fad imho.

right a fad from all the way back starting in 2000.. ok

IcedEmotion said:
Hard to pin it on just one thing. I know when I started playing it was mainly for the graphics, since 2k and 2k1 on the Dreamcast were ahead of everything else at the time. Based on that I just got used to the style of game, the players were responsive, the action was a little faster and so on. Maximum passing where you could direct the ball with the analogue stick really made the passing game stand out, but I think Madden added something similar later on.

If you would have asked me this two years ago when I had just finished with 2k5 and had to give Madden 06 a try the list would be longer. All I remember is that the controls felt less responsive and the punting game was horrible, guys wouldn't block for me until I had the ball. The actually stood there looking at me as the gunners ran past to get a free shot to cause a fumble, making a fair catch the only option. Also the presentation of 2K5 was great, they used the ESPN license well and I didn't feel I was getting a similar package with Madden 06.

The 2K sports running game was much improved over anything EA was doing at the time. You had to really follow your lead blockers, and look for a hole at the right time. The Madden games have since caught up, but it helps with the 2K NFL game hasn't been gone for almost 3 years now.

Hopefully we'll start to get user reviews and game site reviews soon for AP2K8 and NCAA being that they release tomorrow... Here is and interesting read about the FPS on the XBOX360 version vs the PS3 version of AP2K8 and Madden what do you guys think... Also how many of you will be joining on-line leagues?

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160709

Well, I played the NCAA demo yesterday and I wasn't impressed. The graphics looked a little blurry and the play calling system was a little cavernous and had too many menus. Seems that pass defense is still ridiculous. I was completing stuff that virtually went through defenders, yet when I passed over their shoulders, it was like they could jump 20 feet in the air and had eyes in the back of their head.
I'd call it another bust based upon my 20 minutes with it.
If NCAA is busted, Madden is too.
I'll take Madden '94.

Definitely All Pro 2k8.....the last Madden that I've purchased was 04 I believe and then NCAA every other season (05, 07). NCAA is simply the previous years Madden with college uniforms/stadiums and if All Pro 2k8 lives up to the hype then it will be the only football game that I'll need for a while. I just hope that it's not too "NFL Blitzy" if you know what I mean..

I just hope that it's not too "NFL Blitzy" if you know what I mean..

It shouldn't be. I saw an interview with one of the guys at 2K Sports and he said the game will feature things that the NFL makes game makers cut back on (like injuries, taunting, celebrations, etc.), but it's not over the top like Blitz. The game play, at it's core, is that 2K football many of us have come to enjoy.

APF2k8 for me. My bro, my neighbor, and I played the shit out of 2k5. Never was really a fan of Madden except for like 1 or 2 SNES versions.

Baseball sucks IMO and college football players play with more heart than the pros since they're not getting paid, so NCAA 08.

Back