• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

All finished for now

Joined
Oct 6, 2010
Messages
618
Hello,

Title says it all, I'm looking to buy your old dead hardware to put on my walls as decoration. It can even be working hardware, I don't care, I'm not looking to scrap, resell, fix, use, etc....its getting tacked to the wall. I'd prefer the items to be structurally intact (not broken in half), but they can have missing components and minor damage. As long as it looks good I'm looking for it. Bonus points for colorful or otherwise visually exciting items. Send me a PM with your price shipped to 78725 and what you have.

*currently only looking for full sized ATX boards*

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I think I have some old laptops. You interested in whole thing or just the mobo?
 
I got a ASRock W480 Creator Motherboard with a dead socket. You can take for Shipping + Beer money? pm me.
 
Title says it all, I'm looking to buy your old dead hardware to put on my walls as decoration. It can even be working hardware, I don't care, I'm not looking to scrap, resell, fix, use, etc....its getting tacked to the wall. I'd prefer the items to be structurally intact (not broken in half), but they can have missing components and minor damage. As long as it looks good I'm looking for it.
Awesome idea! I always dreamed about doing this with glass display cases if I ever got my own house. Mobos, graphics cards, CPUs, all kinds of PC stuff. Instead of the way I do it now, where stuff kinda sits around (in their boxes or at least internal packaging) haphazardly. Like the Opteron 165 I got back in 2006 that is sitting in its box on my desk, or my old Athlon Tbird and an Athlon "Palomino" (either my 1900+ or my bro's 1800+) in their protective plastic cases lying around in my bedroom covered in dust, or the DFI LANParty nForce 4 board in my closet. And yet more stuff sitting in my closet or my parents' attic or my dad's old library, waiting to be used as decoration. Waaay too much PC stuff, going back to at least AMD K5 and 386 if not earlier. Stuff in my parents' house waiting to be rescued, dusted off, cataloged, and then presented. Things from friends that they were gonna throw out and decided to give to me instead, cuz they know I like having that stuff around for display.

So you're gonna stick mobos to the walls huh? Would love to see some pics!
 
So you're gonna stick mobos to the walls huh? Would love to see some pics!

So much of my old hardware is gone, I wish I had it now. I'm trying to fill out my office e wall, and I need a lot more hardware.
1000098372.jpg
 
That looks pretty cool, I got Some things I’ll send pics of this weekend as I clean out my office
 
Have several old cards for ya. Couple GTX 280s / 285s. I believe an 8800 GTX. Probably more ill dig through later this week and PM ya what I have.
 
Thank you to all who sent hardware, I've been sorting through it and planning the rest of the wall, and its gonna be great. However I still need a good number of full sized ATX boards to continue my current pattern, so if anyone has some old or damaged boards they want gone message me. I'm specifically looking for full ATX, 12x9.6" boards.
 
Nice! I definintly use dead motherboards to decorate, I do have a box of e-atx board and gpus and other stuff I'd never use.
 
Have the following if interested can send your way:

Asus 6800 Ultra
EVGA 8800 GTX
EVGA GTX 280
BFG GTX 285
 

Attachments

  • 20250320_233958.jpg
    20250320_233958.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
I have the following if you are interested:

Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_20250321_140730.jpg
    thumbnail_20250321_140730.jpg
    921.3 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top