• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

All Apple Apps Incompatible With Vista?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
As most of us wiuth iPods are starting to learn, there are a lot off Apple applications that do not work with Vista. IT World has a tech support document that outlines the list of apps that are currently broken on Vista:

These include: QuickTime, the iPod shuffle reset utility, Bonjour for Windows, AirPort for Windows, the iDisk utility, AppleWorks for Windows, and Apple Software Update for Windows. The stand-alone iPod updater for iTunes 6 for Windows also isn't ready for Vista.
 
I am using iTunes and Quicktime on my Vista box right now.

Why not bring up old apps by other companies?

this is misleading sensationalism and crap, not worth repeating (or linking to).
 
"Apple warning PC folk to hold off on a Vista upgrade pending the release of updates."

"No schedule for Vista compatibility has been given."


Please wait until further notice before buying all Microsoft products.

Thank You,
Apple
 
As most of us wiuth iPods are starting to learn, there are a lot off Apple applications that do not work with Vista. IT World has a tech support document that outlines the list of apps that are currently broken on Vista:
(pssssssst, spelling mistake there sir)

yet another reason not to jump onto using vista, and mac's? well, we all know wut they R good for
 
Running Vista and Quicktime just fine. I don't use any other Apple products though. Why do people report outright lies?
 
I get buffer overflows with QuickTime on Vista x64. And the few times QT did run, it stuttered to hell and back.
 
It seems a lot of these casesa re 32bit apps running on 64bit windows. The WoW64 stuff works for the most part, but throw DRM and reliance on video drivers into the mix and all bets are off.
 
Man, the only thing that's not working is Apple, they should get their act together. If they want to not support Vista then they should say so. Don't blame an OS if you haven't programed compatible software.
 
Damn! QuickTime is working for you? I was just thinking that if there was an OS that I knew *wouldn't* run that virulent applet, I would upgrade in a second...
 
Damn! QuickTime is working for you? I was just thinking that if there was an OS that I knew *wouldn't* run that virulent applet, I would upgrade in a second...
Damn straight bruthah! Ever heard of Quicktime Alternative?

I'm not crying over this incompatibility, I have never, ever, ever had a single Apple product function "normally." You name it: Mac, iPod, iTunes, Quicktime, they all are horrific and the alternatives are so clearly better (and most of them like QT alternative and WMP are free). I don't see why this is front-page worthy news.
 
I will probably switch whenever I make the jump to 4 GB. I don't see that happening for at least a couple of years though.
 
Thats funny, I wonder if apple had their heads in their asses or if this is some strategic stunt?
 
Thats funny, I wonder if apple had their heads in their asses or if this is some strategic stunt?

Oh I have no doubts it is strategic. Despite the fact that Apple is often seen as the chivalrous "little guy," they actually far outweigh Microsoft on the "greedy bastard" scale.
 
I'm running Quicktime without any issues on my Vista X64 box. It's the original A64 3000+ to boot. :)
 
procedure (kill apple apps)
begin
if apple app
kill app
endif
end


:)
 
Oh I have no doubts it is strategic. Despite the fact that Apple is often seen as the chivalrous "little guy," they actually far outweigh Microsoft on the "greedy bastard" scale.

Really? And pray tell, how did you come up with this assessment? Or, are you just talking out your anti Apple (fill in the blank)? /Rant

Running x64. iTunes, Quicktime, and iPod are all functional. Hell, for you boot camp victims, er, users, they have an updated beta to support Vista dual boot for Macs. I could flame and ask where the hell my signed WHQL drivers for my Video, Sound and Printers, but those are covered in different threads. Point is, because Apple's Windows programs may have problems makes this headline news. Hows this, Vista is out and everyone in some form or another has a software compatibility issue with the new OS? That makes more sense then singling out Apple cause its fun to flame the easy target.
 
Apple as well as plenty of other manufacturers had plenty of time to get with it, Vista had a crazy long beta time. Good job Apple, you took care of your users.:p
 
I am having problems with Microsoft Money 2006 and now 2007 with Vista.

Damn that Apple and not being able to get their apps working 100% on a shifting code base. Oh wait, Microsoft makes Microsoft Money, guess they couldn't even be bothered to walk down the hall.
 
It seems to me that the people that are trying to rake Apple over the coals here probably don't even run Apple products. Everyone who does is reporting that they all WORK fine. Grow up people.
 
It seems to me that the people that are trying to rake Apple over the coals here probably don't even run Apple products. Everyone who does is reporting that they all WORK fine. Grow up people.

*shrug*

Steve was the one who posted the article. :p
 
Back
Top