Alienware m11x

The review makes a good point though. There just are no good screens at that size out there.

The review makes a good point though. There just are no good screens at that size out there.

But there are better ones than the included m11x. Just look at lenovo's x120e. It's 11.6", matte and has decent viewing angles.

With so much bezel around the actual display Dell can easily bump up the screen size which would give them better options when sourcing higher quality LCDs.

With so much bezel around the actual display Dell can easily bump up the screen size which would give them better options when sourcing higher quality LCDs.

only to about 12.1"-12.5" It cannot fit a 13.1" screen for it's life, as the bezel isn't that big, lol...

take a look at the mac book 11" screen, my wife's 10" asus eee netbook from 2008 has a much better screen than my M11X. There are better screens out there without a doubt.

The form factor makes the bezel large. The bezel isn't that big on the sides, but is very big on the top and bottom. It almost makes the laptop look like its a 4:3 instead of a 16:9.

hey guys im a little confused on the which models have the hinge issue.

Only r1 has hinge issue? or so far both r1 and r2 have confirmed hinge issue?
what about r3 and the hinge issue?

It has been, for sure, fixed in the R3. Some R2s shipped with the new hinges. All R1s have the bad ones.

First report of cracked m14x hinges already up on NBR forums :eek:

anyhow, my m11x's hinges blew wednessday, called it in thursday, and a Dell serviceman repaired it in front of me on Friday. :)

Needless to say, I am happy with Dell's service, at least. Now I hope they really did revise the screen hinges, like they said they did :)

Back