AlienWare Laptop $1199 BuyDig

Dr Tuek

Gawd
BuyDig.com has the Dell Alienware 17 17.3" FHD AW17R3-7092SLV 1TB Intel Core i7-6700HQ Notebook PC on sale for $1599 - $400 with coupon code SQL74257520 = $1199 with free shipping.

That's a decent price, but I've seen 980M equipped laptops as low as $800 three or so months ago. Of course, things change and stock levels get depleted.

I don't have any ready examples, unfortunately.

Yeah this may be a good deal but no way would I pay 1200 bucks for that. The 980m is getting a little bit dated and its not even as fast as the desktop 970 or even 1060 3gb so that seems like a lot of money for that level of performance in mid 2017.

Yeah this may be a good deal but no way would I pay 1200 bucks for that. The 980m is getting a little bit dated and its not even as fast as the desktop 970 so that seems like a lot of money for that level of performance in mid 2017.

Yeah, I'd rather pay a similar or considerably lower price for something newer with a 1050Ti or 1060 in it with similar performance, but run much cooler and suck less power too.

Gaming laptops never appealed much to me in the first place though. I do like the idea of getting a newer laptop with a thunderbolt port for an external GPU is somewhat intriguing though.

Last edited:
Don't buy anything less that a 1070 right now ... or you will absolutely regret it.

You can get a damn good Gaming Laptop for around $1300+ dollars right now with a 1070. Acer has a few models worth noting.

I've been doing a ton of research on these guys lately so I speak with some authority. At least in my own little world lol

Good luck!

Don't buy anything less that a 1070 right now ... or you will absolutely regret it.

You can get a damn good Gaming Laptop for around $1300+ dollars right now with a 1070. Acer has a few models worth noting.

I've been doing a ton of research on these guys lately so I speak with some authority. At least in my own little world lol

Good luck!

For 1080p screen, a 1060 6gb should be fine for a long time to come if you need to save $1-200 over a 1070 equipped laptop.

Ah, reminded me of that time I pretty much stole an Alienware from MicroCenter for $470.

I love to read about that story ☺

Was listed on their website as "other", title just said 14" laptop, specs were right for a highend laptop of the time, but no brand or model was listed only 4700MQ, 8GB, 765M, keep in mind this was a few years ago and this was still the current model. But I did not know what it actually was, possible total mis listing, but I figured it was worth a shot. So I placed the order for pickup, left on my lunch break to go to the store, walk over to the online pickup counter, ask for my order. They look around and can't find it, so I am thinking it was just an online screw up and it didn't exist, but then another guy comes up and goes "I found it", it was just a brown dell box, my hopes went up and then back down again, I am thinking yep, specs were wrong, it's just a lowend Dell for normal price. I don't say anything, open the box and there is a brand new, plastic still on the top Alienware 14, only missing the original box. Guy checking me out goes "whats that?", I say "oh, just a laptop" and swipe my card.

IoXeqIDl.jpg

JsVivhel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol that's awesome!!

Still by far the best deal I have ever got. Still have it to, I don't game on laptop anymore, but the GPU actually does ok for most stuff, and the CPU still does great however, beast for storage, room for dual 2.5" drives and a mSATA drive.

I got one from Best Buy brand new on clearance for $1350 after tax. It's the AW 17 R4 model with 6700HQ, gtx 1070,1tb hdd, 128gb m2 ssd, 1080p IPS that OCs to 75 HZ with Tobi eye tracking. I'd suggest you guys check your local BB instead. Btw the Alienware build quality is far better than Acer. The IPS panel that OCs to 75 Hz is the one made by AUO, the chi mei ones are garbage.

Back