Alienware AW988 Wireless Gaming Headset Review

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

We got our hands on what is now a world exclusive review of the Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset. There is a whole lot to like about these for sure. Check the discussion thread as well, we just got done taking those apart looking for the battery and answering a few more questions.

My experience with the Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset: AW988 was a very good one. The AW988 is solidly constructed and looks to be able to take a lot of use and abuse. The 7.1 positional audio I truly loved and appreciated in games.

ricson likes this.
  2. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Limp Gawd

OK, someone broke the mic?
    Not a big fan of audio battery warnings, just warn us no more than 3 times and shut down to save the battery.
    Hate how some headphones clamps the head, feels like my skull is becoming more narrow....

RogueTadhg likes this.
  3. Kyle_Bennett

No. Mic worked great.

4. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Limp Gawd

Front page photo angle looks like the housing crack at the tip.

5. Kyle_Bennett

No. Must be the pictures and lighting or possibly dust. Here are some close up pics I just took now.

IMG_20180613_122751.jpg IMG_20180613_122804.jpg

The Mad Atheist likes this.
  6. RogueTadhg

RogueTadhg [H]ard|Gawd

The clamping pressure of some headphones caused me headaches and migraines. I had this problem when I first got my Game One headsets - I soldiered on until my head felt like it was going to split.

The Mad Atheist likes this.