Alienware AW988 Wireless Gaming Headset Review

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
We got our hands on what is now a world exclusive review of the Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset. There is a whole lot to like about these for sure. Check the discussion thread as well, we just got done taking those apart looking for the battery and answering a few more questions.

My experience with the Alienware Wireless Gaming Headset: AW988 was a very good one. The AW988 is solidly constructed and looks to be able to take a lot of use and abuse. The 7.1 positional audio I truly loved and appreciated in games.

OK, someone broke the mic?
Not a big fan of audio battery warnings, just warn us no more than 3 times and shut down to save the battery.
Hate how some headphones clamps the head, feels like my skull is becoming more narrow....

Front page photo angle looks like the housing crack at the tip.
No. Must be the pictures and lighting or possibly dust. Here are some close up pics I just took now.

IMG_20180613_122751.jpg IMG_20180613_122804.jpg

Hate how some headphones clamps the head, feels like my skull is becoming more narrow....

The clamping pressure of some headphones caused me headaches and migraines. I had this problem when I first got my Game One headsets - I soldiered on until my head felt like it was going to split.

How is this to listen to music?
I want a wireless gaming headset that can also be used as a bluetooth headset when going out.

Back