I completely forgot about this game, started playing it in december then got distracted.

they still haven't added any missions or campaign content to this since launch

Correct.

They added some new classes, weapons, etc. but zero new missions. I have hundreds of hours on this game, and I love it....but honestly, its the same missions over and over and over. Player count is abysmal. The AI team is horrid and sometimes you can wait 30min in a lobby for a human player.

But....shooting the aliens, its so fucking fun. The gameplay is absolutely awesome.

Correct.

They added some new classes, weapons, etc. but zero new missions. I have hundreds of hours on this game, and I love it....but honestly, its the same missions over and over and over. Player count is abysmal. The AI team is horrid and sometimes you can wait 30min in a lobby for a human player.

But....shooting the aliens, its so fucking fun. The gameplay is absolutely awesome.
Bah, i have it but i haven’t played it yet lol

Pathogen is going to be too little, too late.

With an average of 337 players and a peak of 1k, I think they waited too long for new content.
I expect poor sales for the DLC, and as usual, that is often fallowed by abandonment. I just hope we get the AI fixed/customizable before then

i decided to give this game a try during the steam sale, and im very glad i did. at this price, and with the updates since launch, i feel like it's a pretty good value.

also as a big alien universe fan i am getting my money's worth out of it just from all the cool tech, gear and lore.

edit: forgot one thing i wanted to mention is the music. it's REALLY good, done in what you might describe as typical orchestral movie score style but it responds dynamically to what's going on in the game, is themed for each campaign, and has a lot of motifs from the movies - and is just well-composed generally speaking.

Last edited:
Back